[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They sucked at Coachella.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1366x768
They sucked at Coachella.
>>
nobody cares about Run the Jewels
>>
the audience failed them SHUT UP
>>
literally who?
>>
>>64161947
>thinking a saul williams rip off would ever be good
>>
Everything at coachella was terrible this year
>>
Every DG show is the same

>Ride jumps around and yells while out of breath
>Zach bashes on his drums mindlessly not even matching the songs beat
>Andy looks pissed off and plays a backing vocal track
>>
>>64162154
So...
>>
>>64162080

> thinking it's a rip off
> thinking saul williams is good

k
>>
File: 1460561313085.jpg (17 KB, 559x556) Image search: [Google]
1460561313085.jpg
17 KB, 559x556
>>64162154
>>
>>64161964
is this a meme?
>>
>>64161947
Coachella sucked
>>
>>64161947
you suck all the time
>>
>>64162154
>>Zach bashes on his drums mindlessly not even matching the songs beat
I fucking love this
>>
>>64161947
>>64161965
>Not going fucking insane in a DG show
Coachella's audience was a fucking joke
>>
>>64161947
I was there and it was one of the best performances from them I've ever seen. What the fuck are you on about

That screen with the flicking tongue was surreal
>>
>>64161947
The mixing was horrible and the crowd was on sedatives. And the camera work was more well-suited for Beach House or something—it didn't capture the band's energy very well. Check out the footage from the Santa Cruz show just a few days prior because they were amazing. Coachella is a meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (985 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
985 KB, 2592x1936
>>64165035
I was at the santa cruz show
still decompressing
>>
>>64162107
it's been bad since 2003 senpai
>>
>>64165562

With my press credentials in check, I was inside the venue before concertgoers were allowed past the ticket office. Displayed behind the merch table was a brand new, never-before-seen Death Grips t-shirt specially made for this 2016 mini-tour (a set of four shows, including an upcoming appearance at Coachella). A black-and-white version of the cover of Bottomless Pit was sprawled across a blank backdrop with “4 SHOWS 2016″ captioned beneath. Not only was it a minimalist yet inciting design, but I personally felt extra special viewing it upon entering the venue as I was pretty much the first person to see this brand new (and presumably limited edition) t-shirt outside of the band’s camp.

I then wandered around the empty dancefloor as keyboardist/programmer Andy Morin performed a brief soundcheck before returning to the band’s dressing room. With nothing but several security guards patrolling the venue and the cold air of a legendary Santa Cruz venue filling an otherwise empty space, concertgoers soon began pouring into The Catalyst as Interview 2016 played on the speakers. I reserved a spot near the wings of the stage, sitting on a flight of stairs that gave me a solid view of both the stage and the crowd below. The crowd – packed wall to wall at an undoubtedly sold out show – appeared level-headed until a near-two hour wait for the band to go onstage began. I was told by the venue that Death Grips were set to go on at 9:30 PM instead of the scheduled 8:00 PM set (with no opening act). As more and more people became anxious and inpatient, audience members began pushing and shoving and creating an almost-mosh pit – people made noise, cheered, clapped, and an absolutely obnoxious guy up on the balcony kept screaming “SPREAD EAGLE ACROSS THE BLOCK.”

But it was well worth the wait.
>>
>>64165793
What was the point of writing this
>>
They suck on there albums too.
>>
>>64165831
it's from a live review of the santa cruz show
>>
>>64161947
What does the MC in MC Ride stand for?
>>
>>64165866
McDonald's Cake
>>
>>64165793
spread eagle started out in the parking-lot, and continued on inside. We'd hear some fucc start on the left wing, couple minutes later, same guy: Spread Eagle again on the right wing. Demographic was a strange amalgamation of sk8s, nose ring boys and girls, suburban subterranean degenerates, the beating continues
>>
>>64165866
Microphone catheter

Early technique he pioneered
>>
>>64164651
>>64164987
>>64165211
>>
>>64165866
Master Cuck
>>
>>64165562
yo i might have seen you
>>
>>64165866
you're memeing correct?
>>
File: nazi.jpg (30 KB, 281x233) Image search: [Google]
nazi.jpg
30 KB, 281x233
>>64165863
>>
It was easily the best DG performance I've ever seen. Ride seemed to actually yell more and added some cool screams and shrieks in good places, Andy added stutters and shit to the instrumentals, and Zach seemed to actually play stuff that served the music a LOT more than usual. I'm not sure how much of this is attributable to Andy and how much to Zach, but Hustle Bones and Lock Your Doors sounded like a million times heavier and darker than on the albums. It was really great, I have no idea wtf the people in this thread are talking about, I can only guess it's a bunch of people that haven't been to or watched much live DG. Most of it is underwhelming, but they nailed it pretty often last night.
>>
At 9:30 PM sharp, Stefan “MC Ride” Burnett, Zach Hill, and Andy Morin took the stage and commenced an absolute adrenaline rush of pure noise, angst, and emotion that lasted roughly one hour without breaks. “Lost Boys” kicked things off and quickly transitioned into “Hot Head” and “Come Up and Get Me.” At this point, the crowd went utterly mental. Before the band even made a dent in their setlist, there was more than enough to take in from both Death Grips and the psychotic audience – who were taking moshing to the most extreme levels possible. Bodies clashed in an ultimate orgy of flesh that moved the entire dancefloor like an ocean in rhythm to Morin’s bass-heavy glitch hop instrumentals, Hill’s fierce tribal drumming, and Burnett’s awe-inspiring, godlike stage presence and otherworldly screams.
>>
I saw plenty of people get punched, kicked, and trampled that night during the insanity of a completely uninterrupted apocalyptic mosh pit, but there was something just as equally sensational as the crowd: the band. Death Grips put on an absolutely mind-bending and indefatigable first show of 2016 that masterfully defined who they were as an undoubtedly important contemporary musical act. Burnett’s vigorous rapping and hellish wails set sound vibrations throughout the building, firmly establishing himself as a capable frontman who can bring more than enough energy to a performance (but also remain completely in time with the other band members).

The live execution of some of Death Grips’ most well known tracks and fan-favorite deep cuts were simply magnificent and probably even more manic and bone-crushing than the studio recordings. With each song seamlessly flowing into the next like a doom-laden rave mix, the band’s performance was a dexterous, violent, and earth-shattering display of sound that wonderfully showcased the group’s entire discography.
>>
>>64168226
>>64168606
>>64168635

Andy relax bro we know you're insecure but this is just sad. You looked fine it's the rest of your "band" that sucks. I know pressing play is hard to fuck up and you jump around and look like you work hard so you feel like your doing something because being the only one not tired after a show is a bad feeling I get that man. You'll be fine babe. Love you Andy
>>
GUY AT THE RIGHT>
TECHNO YAHOOS ME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
>>
>>64162179
So why are people complaining?
>>
>>64165035
It's hard to mix Death Grips well, sounds way better live
>>
this performance was pretty shit but that version of guillotine was fucking GOAT
>>
>>64168653
>being the only one not tired after a show is a bad feeling
KEK

Now i know why andy does that shit hahahahahahahahah why didn't i consider that hahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahah
could you imagine Aphex Twin doing that shit
>>
>>64168712
>Aphex Twin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RhrgV_nex4

yeah dude really puts on a show

/s
>>
>>64168794
he's so fucking overrated it's a joke.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.