[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Giles+Corey.png (381 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Giles+Corey.png
381 KB, 500x500
What am I in for?
>>
A really boring album.
>>
A really good album.
>>
the standard issue "sad man sings sad songs with guitar" album, now with way too much reverb and some pretty neat drums
>>
File: timecrimes.jpg (96 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
timecrimes.jpg
96 KB, 960x540
Is the cover the guy from Timecrimes or the Elephant Man?
>>
>>64160781
>the standard issue "sad man sings sad songs with guitar" album
GC is not standard issue in concept nor in sound, friend.
>>
>>64160744
>>64160781
what happened /mu/ this is an incredible album

op you're in for a really great, very powerful album.. moving.. dark.. beautiful though..

absolutely worth listening to, but it's gotta be in its entirety and preferably at night with good headphones
>>
>>64160781
kek

This is totally true but the end product is fucking powerful and depressing. I can't hardly listen to it any more because of the times in my life I associate it with.
>>
>>64161115
yes it is
i'd advise you listen to more folk music if you believe this

>>64161180
i should probably dial back a little bit and say that i do actually like the album
it's just that it's not exactly very substantial or creative
>>
>>64161345
I've almost certainly listened to more of it than yourself
>>
Disappointment
>>
Basically if the guys from animal collective made a depressing album. But animal collective sucks and so does this album.
>>
Just listen to it and form an opinion for yourself OP

It's one of those albums that is pretty good but a lot of the hype depends on whether you can connect to the music or not. That's why you have dumb dipshits on this board who complain that it sucks without realizing that it might just not be the album for them.

Listen to it in the dark when you're in a miserable mood all in one go. Don't take breaks or anything. Enjoy. Or don't.

fwiw I love it but I love Deathconsciousness more
>>
File: 1455454891069.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1455454891069.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>64161664
>Basically if the guys from animal collective made a depressing album
God damn, I hope this is bait.
>>
>>64161743
>That's why you have dumb dipshits on this board who complain that it sucks without realizing that it might just not be the album for them.
bearing in mind that musical enjoyment is subjective, "it sucks" and "it's not the album for me" are effectively the same thing
>>
>>64161861
Yeah but it's more about people vehemently denying that it's their problem and instead pointing out flaws and reasons that GC is objectively terrible

Like I listened to one album by Lush and I thought it was super boring and didn't do anything MBV/Slowdive hadn't done better but I don't spend time talking about how bad it is

I wish this board would talk about music instead of whining about albums they don't like and posting waifu threads 24/8
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.