[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to Sufjan Stevens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Sufjan_Stevens_-_Illinois.jpg (23 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Sufjan_Stevens_-_Illinois.jpg
23 KB, 316x316
>See Sufjan Stevens trending on YouTube for his Coachella performance
>Remember how amazing his performance of Casmir Pulaski Day was
>Watches the video for two minutes
What happened to him? Did he start smoking a shit ton of weed or become a hippy dippy shit?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlife_crisis
>>
>>64158034
Essentially. He really fucked himself up on drugs when he was recording Adz and his latest album shows that he's lost and trying to find himself. He'll never be the precious little Seven Swans boy again. He will continue to make great music though.
>>
>>64158087
>Anonymous
Didn't know that, sucks though man. I honest to god couldn't tell if his performance was a joke or not
>>
>>64158147
Why did you do that?
>>
>>64158034
>referring to yourself in third person all of a sudden
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 1280x800
>>64158034
whats wrong though? have u even watched his age of adz perfomances? he was always like this. jsut because u like seeing him like a fragile emo boy doesnt mean something happened to him. he is a joyful man and likes to have fun.
>>
>>64158034
>suf finally comes to terms with his moms death and starts looking happy
>some cucks start labeling him crazy
>>
>>64158600
Again I haven't seen anything of his live since he was dressed up as a boy scout. It was a weird surprise to see this
>>
>>64158662
go watch it then! this was a really ambitious and fun tour.
>>
He's in his 40s, remember that sometimes the age is noticeable despite being handsome
>>
>>64158034
Honestly his coachella performance is one of the greatest things I've ever seen

I'm glad he's happy t b h
>>
File: Sufjan.jpg (356 KB, 470x586) Image search: [Google]
Sufjan.jpg
356 KB, 470x586
>>
Anyone care to post a link? I love Sufj but didn't get a chance to watch it
>>
>>64158034
>become a hippy dippy shit?

His parents were actual hippies tho
>>
link to full set?
>>
>>64158600
>He doesn't emo anymore; look at Age of Adz!
Did you even listen to "I want to be well?"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNGmzpyJb7s

The memes went too far
>>
>>64159522
>>64159594
>I was never homecoming queen or anything
>I sure feel like one now

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x451cq3_6-of-7-sufjan-stevens-impossible-soul-coachella_music

all seven songs are there in that channel
>>
Carrie & Lowell was AOTY, so nothing wrong tbqh
>>
I was at Coachella with my friends, and almost everyone agreed suf was the best thing about it
if not for him money was spent for nothing
>>
>Sufjan's been doing performances like this for five years
>People are still surprised by it
>>
Where have you been for the last decade m8?
>>
>we are the Jonas Brothers
>We'll see you next week on the disney channel
What did he mean by this?
>>
He's literally always been like that.
He was probably rolling on something, it's coachella, but definitely nothing new
>>
His performance of All Of Me Wants All of You was pretty cringy. Like holy fuck, he wanted to make it appealing for the retarded EDM normies of the festival, but it ended up being so awkward.

That's the only thing I didn't like about his Coachella performance, everything else was spiritual on another level.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 612x612
>>64159654
of course. dont come for me bitch ive been a fan since 2004
>>
That's how he was for the whole Age of Adz tour.

Like geez give him a break. He's been constantly playing somber songs about his dead mother for like a year now. Probably just wanted take a break from that and have some fun for the festival.
>>
>>64159949
absolute goofball
>>
>>64161130
This. How are you so short-sighted, OP?
>>
File: SufjanBanjoSmash.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SufjanBanjoSmash.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
So first it's people who got into him with C&L not understanding that that's not all he's done and now people who got into him with Illinois are somehow surprised at the performances he's been doing for years? Would it hurt people to listen to more than one album by an artist?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.