[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is literally Song Cycle but with a girl. One of the tracks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: joanna_newsom YS.png (460 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
joanna_newsom YS.png
460 KB, 500x500
This is literally Song Cycle but with a girl. One of the tracks on Ys sounds almost identical to All Golden or Palm desert (i forget which)

>inb4 b-but VDP produced it!
>>
>>64157575
What's your point? Of course someone who was so inspired by an artist that she sought them out to do arrangements on her work is going to show an influence that big.
>>
are you retarded or are you being serious
>>
post her body of work
>>
>>64157706
booty
>>
>>64157575

yeah because Song Cycle has multiple 7+ minute long tracks right?
>>
Great bait, especially the part where you conflate producing with arranging.
>>
File: 1434190938106.gif (583 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
1434190938106.gif
583 KB, 500x267
>>64157601
I think ops point is that people who say this is a god tier album are shitting themselves. Pretty much stealing what other artists having done. It's a very derivative, non intellectual piece of trash that just tries to clone other songs/artists instead of trying to aspire to new heights and try something different.
>>
>>64159619
Innovative =/= good
Ys is still a very well written album with an unusual(if not completely unique) style which is worth celebrating and ultimately more important than innovation when one is talking about how good or bad people think the album is.
>>
>>64159619
thats my point
>>
>>64159619
hahahahahahahaha
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.