[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think its much more difficult being in a rock band these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: g.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Do you think its much more difficult being in a rock band these days than it was years ago?

>Record sales are at a low
>Soundcloud is saturated with jerkoffs who only play three chords
>Rock is dead and Trap music is the only thriving genre

It would've been much more achievable in the early 90s or 2000s but it feels like everything has been done to death
>>
>>64148724
>"trap music is the only thriving genre"
>implying that becoming a superstar is the only worthy pursuit in music
don't get cucked like that my dude
there are tons of bands able to tour while remaining truly independent. They're not prodigies or super high skill musicians either. I figure if you keep working at what you want to make, you'll eventually pick up ground.

everything else you said seems accurate, based on my limited observations. can't imagine anyone can really say unless it's actually measured statistically.

that being said, why worry about it when you could be working part-time, sharing a place with other musicians and making music you love? you can survive off of minimum wage as long as you're smart and not an entitled pussy who cries about it all the time.
>>
>>64148724
>rock band
I hope you like racism and general bigotry, op.
>>
>>64150127
He's here, he must
>>
>>64150127
>implying that tons of buttrock bands today aren't also hardcore sjw's
seriously, i know quite a few personally
not saying redneck buttrock bands are any better
but hey, gotta assblast everyone u kno?
>>
>>64150258
there are studies that show that over 75% of people in rock bands are racist.
>>
>>64150317
credible sauce please

google did not yield
>>
File: 1448313146676.jpg (125 KB, 1010x964) Image search: [Google]
1448313146676.jpg
125 KB, 1010x964
ofc it's gotten harder

internet really pushed certain sounds, whereas rock even nowadays is still "get big by playing live" too often.

oddball tech and experimental were put at the forefront because they were the only ones who knew how to utilize the medium being hopeless fucking nerds themselves

and everyone knows the biggest music for the past 40 years is just "whatever gets people moving in the club." like any dj who wants gigs is going to play rock.

>>64150317
ayyy lmao
>>
>>64151475
>40 years

just realized it's actually almost been 60 years for rock and roll now.
>>
Not really, if you're good enough you can get gig's moderately easy.

Though I do live in Melbourne, Aus. Which is a thriving music scene at the moment
>>
>>64150317
[Citation needed]
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.