[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kanye West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
How is it that he has no copycats (besides Drake)?
>>
>>64146681
tons of people copied (and are still copying) his yeezus aesthetic
>>
>>64146725
like death grips
>>
His entire persona is dependent on being really famous and rich and pissing off normies. That takes a lot of resources to copy.
>>
>>64146749
You got that one backwards anon...
>>
>>64146681
Well, nobody wants to be a moronic fucker like him.
>>
>>64146725
Yeah, but fuck Yeezus.
No one has emulated OG Kanye.
>>
>>64146681
Travis Scott

>>64146848
>>reddit.com
>>
>>64148031
it's 3 arrows you untermensch

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64146681
Because he's shit and no one wants to
>>
>>64148031
Travis Scott is nothing like Kanye.
>>
>>64148126
>>>reddit.com
>>
Vic Mensa
>>
>>64146681
because people are copying the people kanye copies
>>
Because he's been trash for the past 5 years but y'all keep hyping him up for some reason.
>>
>>64146681
he's a ditto, man
there's no point
>>
>>64146966
moving goalpoasts
>>
>>64146681
too unique to copy plus on him can pull off the asshole image 2bh without losing fans
>>
>>64146681
idk man there's tons of over-produced garbage in rap right now
>>
>>64150520
>too unique
That was a good jokes. The Death Grips would love that one.
>>
>>64150407
>he's a ditto
We're not talking about The Game
>>
>>64150520
I'm not talking about image-wise.
I mean musically, lyrically, artistically.
No one comes close.
>>
This girl claims she's inspired by Kanye.

https://soundcloud.com/shake-070/01-trust-nobody-produced-by-j-sebastian-etherphx
>>
>>64146681
he's just too goat.
>>
I GENUINELY HAVEN'T LISTENED TO ANYTHING BY THIS WHITE LOSER SINCE HE RELEASED HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER ALL THOSE YEARS AGO
>>
>>64146681
Travis scott
Childish Gambino
>>
>>64152389
why bino tho. i don't see any resemblance.
>>
>>64148031
>not liking Kanye West is reddit-tier
/mu/ confirmed for full-pleb
>>
No one tries to imitate him but a bunch of artists are definitely influenced by him
Future
Injury Reserve
Big Sean
Kid Cudi
A$AP Rocky
Common
Lupe Fiasco
Travis Scott
Vic Mensa
Wale
Chance the Rapper
>>
>>64155930
Yes, not liking someone's music for their personality is very Reddit. Check it out, you'd probably fit in perfectly https://www.reddit.com/r/music
>>
>>64153276
Bino is the only rapper to ever come close to Kanye.
If you read excerpts from Chidlish Gambino's lyrics you could mistake it for Kanye lyrics (that is if you don't listen to Kanye too much).
He fucked himself over by being pretentious and thinking he was amazing when he was only okay.
>>
>>64156031
>Future
>Travis Scott
>Wale

I understand Big Sean and A$AP Rocky though, their last albums were very Kanye-esque.
>>
>>64156031

Definitely hear the Kanye influence with Lupe, in respect to the scope of their projects. The cool reminds me a lot of The College Dropout
>>
>>64157452
>Future

If you don't think 808s & Heartbreak influenced him, you aren't listening very closely.

>Travis Scott

Cmon, this should be obvious. Though, I think Graduation and Yeezus influenced him the most.

>Wale

He's probably talking about pre-MMG Wale. Back when Wale hung onto his backpack like it his life depended on it.
>>
>>64156031
>>64157474
>Lupe

Eh, I dunno. They came out around the same time.

To say Kanye influenced Lupe in terms of the album scope implies that Kanye created the concept album, which he didn't.

The Cool is a 10/10 btw.
>>
>>64157534
>If you don't think 808s & Heartbreak influenced him, you aren't listening very closely.
I didn't even think about 808s, my bad.
And I really don't understand the Travis comparisons, except Hell of a Night and Bad Mood/Shit On You.
Wale used to be good?
>>
>>64157625
Eh, he was alright, but he really tried to be a backpacker back in the day. Then got signed to MMG and put on his trap outfit.
>>
>>64157452

Scott produced several tracks on Yeezus and Kanye raps on Rodeo. You could put "Guilt Trip" on Rodeo and " Piss on Your Grave" on Yeezus and neither would be out of place
>>
>>64146841
really? i don't think he did. I mean seriously? I mean its obvious that those shitty experimental faggots copied our lord and savior Kanye West.
>>
>>64148031

Other way around. Travis influenced Kanye.
>>
>>64148223
This so much
>>
>>64159192
Piss on Your Grave would be out of place on Yeezus because that album is good and that song is fucking godawful.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.