[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wanna make music >don't know what to make >always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 625x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 625x960
>wanna make music
>don't know what to make
>always put off practice

what do I do fama
>>
Is that you holding the hot dog rapped in bread on a stick?
>>
>make music you would want to listen to
>suck it up and practice
>>
>>64146171
I am the hot dog
>>
>>64146062
>don't know what to make
expand your taste you fucking plen
>always put off practice
schedule it in your calendar every week and write out what you're going to practice specifically during each session

if you can't do either of these then get a teacher

if you can't do that then get a job

if you can't do that then kys
>>
>>64147151
>plen
no bully

Good suggestion though, thanks. The calendar not suicide
>>
>>64147413
i was just being an abusive memelord

seriously tho, this shit has been working for me and I've come from having no ambition and no discipline to having some discipline and a handful of ideas i want to flesh out (mainly shoegaze, noise punk and post-bop jazz) but i figure i need to keep working on learning and wageslave a bit harder before i jump into buying a shitload of gear and starting a project prematurely

i think you can do it anon. after all, I'm fucking late to the game while all these 18yo trust fund babies get a fucking basement full of gear and years of lessons, none of which they had to work for, while i pay for everything on top of rent and bills. i had to be self-taught but hey, it's still a gr8 thing to have in life. makes you feel like you can always progress.
>>
>>64148991
do you record at all

post your music if so I'd like to listen to it
>>
crying rn
>>
Comfiest fucking tune
>>
Why are Beach House fans such pussies?
>>
>>64149434
lol you were tricked by the coachella trickster
>>
File: 1458645612825.jpg (6 KB, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
1458645612825.jpg
6 KB, 250x212
>>64146062
>wanna make music
>people tell me i need stem degree if I want to work, get money, get married, have kids, have house etc
>want to make high frequency noise with bangin hi hats
>know if I pursued music I'd have no money
>no friend to discuss, their typical reaction to my music is 'oh, I like the melodies, anon.'
>one guy who actually does bedroom producing says I'll starve if I do what i wanted to do
>tfw going into engineering degree program this fall
a...at least I have safety nets right?
i wish i had rich parents
>>
>>64149238
nah i wish, been planning on getting a solid handle on reading chord changes before i buy better gear and then jam for a few months after that with people, THEN record. I'm only halfway there but it sure beats being illiterate and having no ambitions. besides, there's enough shitty half-baked off-tempo out-of-tune shit out there polluting bandcamp and soundcloud. why would i wanna add to it?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.