[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art Angels = not even trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Grimes_-_Art_Angels.png (145 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Grimes_-_Art_Angels.png
145 KB, 300x300
People who say Art Angels was AOTY 2015, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

> In b4 "are you kidding me?"

Also, a reminder for waifufags: your artist being a qt pie isn't a reason. Oh yes, her being shitty on purpose also isn't a reason.

What I hear:

> shit laptop production incomparable to Visions

> average radio/club pop

> nearly no atmosphere left

> completely unlistenable tracks like Scream and Venus Fly Trap

This is objectively a half-assed record not deserving more than 6/10, and Grimes is the most half-assed artist currently making music.
>>
>>64144174
>Venus fly trap
>not good

Also, youre a fucking cis male.
>>
The 1/3 of the album is kinda shitty but the rest is pretty good. Apparently she said she put more work into this album and I think it shows. She's extremely passionate about the music she made on this record.
>>
File: 1460931708552.png (72 KB, 448x223) Image search: [Google]
1460931708552.png
72 KB, 448x223
>>64144174
Its not half assed.

Its her being a try hard.

Its bad and we all know it.
>>
> I'm

> a

> loser
>>
>>64144846
Dont feel be down on yourself Claire
>>
>>64144699
>implying a shitty track with booming club bass can be good

Also, that cheerleader chanting—is she fucking serious? What is it, Hollaback Girl?
>>
>>64145021
Except Holloback Girl was actually good.
>>
>>64145077
Gwen Stefani is infinitely hotter as well...

Also she doesn't look like she smells like sardines.
>>
Its a great album that enriched my life. I'm thankful to Grimes for making it.
>>
Art Angels is very good synth pop. I expected something a bit less derivative after Visions but I still get great enjoyment from it. It's been my go to workout album which is great in and of itself. None of the songs really push Grimes forward as an artist tho. Kill V Maim, Art Angels, Pin, Realiti (demo is better) and Butterfly are superb songs.
>>
>>64144706
I agree there are some good pop songs here and there. The demo of Realiti was ok radio pop except Grimes was too low in the mix.

Still, the whole album took a very obvious turn to the aforementioned recycled radio pop sound, while sounding like it was just put up in Ableton. The melodies are ok—but they desperately lack production and sound. Where Visions sounded mysterious, with layers of carefully produced echoes/harmonies, Realiti sounds like Grimes was really in a hurry or lacked skill to make anything with it.
>>
>>64145248

I once hated my father as well.
>>
>>64145248
Great argument
>>
"Art Angels was a mistake."

- Claire Boucher, 2035
>>
>>64145312
Visions has a unique and formative ethereal quality that created it's own musical space. AA just sounds like cookie cutter pop for the most part. Catchy at first but ultimately a let down
>>
>>64144174
tru desu
>>
>>64145433
She will kill herself by then anon
>>
>>64145320
I love both of my dads.
>>
>>64145541
Exactly. Glad others see it for what it is
>>
Art Angels is the type of music thatd play in Hell's Forever 21
>>
>>64144174
Excellent music 10/10
>>
Grimes can't into albums
She has about one good song for each release.
A while ago when I started listening to her I heard a few of her top songs and thought "oh, this is pretty cool, I wonder what else she has" then was immediately let down when I found out that the few songs I had heard were the only good ones.
>>
>>64144174
Okay - here is the deal with art angels

Nobody really thought it was AOTY except a few autists, and the rest was just shitposting. A bunch of other autists listen to it, take the b8, and now we are in a perpetual hell of shitposting. I rarely see anybody say anything good because the superior /mu/ patricians have to let everybody know how patrician their fucking taste is by shitting on the same album all the time.

So here's the deal: It's a decent poppy record with some catchy elements, dreamy influences, dips a bit into some experimental elements (barely), and delievers a pretty consistent product. It's a 6-7/10. It isn't a 10/10, it isn't a 2/10, you're just shitposting.

Stop making this same damn thread every fucking day for no reason other than to show everybody how patrician you are.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.