[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any fl studio fags on here ? I got a question for you. When using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fl.png (34 KB, 901x645) Image search: [Google]
fl.png
34 KB, 901x645
Any fl studio fags on here ? I got a question for you. When using a 808 bass kick, how do you know which note you are supposed to use ? My 808 always seem to sound off tune even when i check to see what note the 808 is on in pitch region. Shit is pretty confusing.
>>
>>64141488
I would say find another sample to work with.
>>
>>64141488
Click the actual sampler channel where you drop the 808 kick. Go to the channel tab that opened up and change the pitch wheel until it sounds in tune with whatever key you're in. Sometimes they're completely out of key from what you're working on so they need to be pitched up or down. Not necessarily just "playing the right note".
>>
>>64141488
i have the same problem. i said screw it and decided to learn how to play a real bass guitar.
>>
>>64141488
>>64141544
checked
>>
The original sample is probably another note that is not on the scale your are working with. I don't know how to exactly do it on FL. just youtube pitching 808s or something like that. There's ton o videos about this. I've been there.

The best tip I can give you OP is just learn the theory.
>>
>>64141649
m8, if someone needs to learn theory to pitch a kick drum they might as well give up and drive nails through their useless ear drums.
>>
>>64141703
yea like music theory won't help a music producer at all

don't be a hater
>>
>>64141861
He's saying if they can't hear what is and isn't in tune then they're going to fail as a producer and may as well stop where they're at because they obviously can't tell whats good sounding. And I agree. Theory of course will help but if you're tone deaf no amount of theory is going to make a difference.
>>
>>64141861
>don't be a hater
vaping, millenial, soundcloud producer spotted
>>
>>64142032
for fuck sakes lets discuss music production.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.