[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop a certain person from talking about the Beatles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: White Album.png (24 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
White Album.png
24 KB, 2000x2000
How do I stop a certain person from talking about the Beatles? I can't take it anymore. It may not sound as bad as I'm making it out to be but all of the following is true:

>All discussion with him (let alone musical discussion) is flooded by one subject: the Beatles
>will NEVER take recommendations based on the Beatles because they're "not as good", "not as popular" or "didn't sell as much".
>Knows I'm very much into listening to and creating music and have been for the past few years, yet tries to trivialize any leftfield or experimental music I listen to, most notably some ambient techno which apparently "was too repetitive and long" and Natural Snow Buildings which was "too long and wasn't recorded right"
>Was actively angry at me when I told him the Beatles weren't in my top 50 bands (I like the Beatles as much as the next guy by the way)
>Consistently sings Beatles songs in my face
>Asked a group whether they liked Queen or the Beatles more and interrogated those who answered Queen
>Was disappointed in me when I said I preferred Pet Sounds to anything by the Beatles.

Honestly at this point it's unbearable to be around, does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
Read him the scarrufi article (no, really). If he has a brain he would know that there are some valid points as to why the Beatles are overhyped.
>>
>>64139507
kys cracka
>>
quote scarrufi
>>
>>64139507
I have a similar problem my friend wont stop talking about asking alexandria although i think the band is complete shit.
Just wait a week or 2 and he will stop with it
>>
>>64139507
>>64139507
Tell him that he has the most uninteresting taste in music you've ever seen, and that he should never talk to you about music again until he actually explores music that he's not told to like. Nothing wrong with the Beatles, but I hate those types.

You have no fucking clue how many of these people have never listened to Song Cycle or even fucking Pet Sounds, they know nothing about music.
>>
>>64139563
>>64139651
I really don't want to hurt him or to stop him from loving his music though (I could never wish that upon anyone) but do you reckon something like this might work? He's a really good friend and I don't want to provoke a big argument, because it's obviously something really important to him.
>>
>>64139651
Listening to Song Cycle is not a requirement for anything, it's not that great.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.