[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: americanfootball.jpg (1 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
americanfootball.jpg
1 MB, 1425x1425
Does anyone here feel that it peaks at the first track "Never meant".

After this none of the songs are nearly as good and are over-repetitive and sound very very similar.

Never meant basically sets the sound/tone of the album and every other song uses the same sound over and over but never nearly as well.

I always listen to never meant and then change the album after it finishes.

Anyone else feel this way? (posted this in some other thread but wanted to ask everyone)
>>
i'll see you when we're both not so emotional is prob the best track, though.
>>
>>64137354
Wurlitzer is the best track though
>>
>>64137354
I honestly feel the same. They at least could've kept it for the end, like a reward for surviving all that lameness.
>>
>>64137354
Literally every song on this album is amazing anon
>>
File: Ah7XSX6.jpg (21 KB, 361x391) Image search: [Google]
Ah7XSX6.jpg
21 KB, 361x391
Completely agree with you, not that I didn't like the rest of the songs on the album but they couldn't compare to Never Meant. Song is iconic. Love the lead singers solo stuff, it's depressing and puts me in a horrible suicidal mood. I love it.
>>
My favorite track off the album is Stay Home, tbqh I don't think Never Meant overshadows the rest of the album, instead I think that it does a very good job at working towards the same sound and concept as most of the other tracks.
>>
Honestly is the best track though
>>
>>64137354
taking back sunday is better
their seminal album, "tell all your freinds" is full of "never meants" and never lets up
>>
>>64137354
I think they're all good Never Meant just uses a more upbeat/noticeable sound than the rest of the album but they all talk on the same subject
>>
>>64137627
Rec me where to start with Owen please anon
>>
File: X1hWFvl.jpg (63 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
X1hWFvl.jpg
63 KB, 720x960
>>64137924
That is such shit My Chemical Romance, Blink182 wannabe music.

The hell you on about. It sounds nothing like American Football
>>
I think Never Meant is probably the best song, but most of them are still great. Really is a shame when the first song on an album is better than the rest of the album by a large margin
>>
>>64139461
Start with "L'Ami du Peuple" amazing album, personally "Who Cares?" was my favorite song of that one. Than "At Home With Owen." That was a great one too, love his music.
>>
just listening to this album for the 1st time. Seems really great, can anyone enlighten me as to why albums like this only get success years after they get released?
>>
>>64141929
Strange, right? What a shame, it feels like only recently they got popular. But some albums are just like that, they are buried until someone finds them and tells everyone about it.
>>
agree never meant is my favorite but #4 For Sure comes at a close 2nd.
>>
File: 1460607029622.png (997 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460607029622.png
997 KB, 1080x1080
try taking back sunday
they are better imo
>>
>>64143750
It's really cool seeing ppl use the picture I made honestly
>>
>>64139461
imo No Good For No One Now, got me hooked on his stuff immediately
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.