[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, why are all hip hop/rap fans retarded? they all claim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
/mu/, why are all hip hop/rap fans retarded?

they all claim to be "hip hop heads" with an "open mind", and then complain when a song or album doesn't sound a certain way

I've realized what's been holding hip-hop back for so long, it's the "fans".

If you think about it, the ones who actually have creative content and have pushed boundaries are the ones who actually don't give a shit about the fans, or ignore their criticism, i.e. Lil B

They spend more time criticizing and complaining than actually listening to music

They go around walking and acting like their genre is superior, shooting down every other genre
It has the potential to be one of the best, but as I said before the fans are holding it back

They're all brainwashed, they only care about mainstream hip-hop and shoot down any artist trying something new for a change just because it sounds "different", and yet they have the nerve to call themselves open minded

Just go on HHH, /hhg/, any rap video's youtube comment section or whatever rap forum if you don't believe me

The fans are hurting the genre more than they are contributing to it, and it is just sad.
>>
Fans of old-school hip hop are the best (of any kind).

The problem with hip hop is that it really has reached its barriers. That's why Kanye of all people (overproduced trash) is what people call an innovator of the genre nowadays.
>>
Did you meet literally one or two people that fit this description and then generalize it to all hip hop fans? Are you really that delusional?

Sure there are people that think they're so open for liking say Tyler The Creator then turn their nose up as soon as they hear Why? Or Techno Animals that don't fit their cookie cutter script of what hip hop is, but there's also plenty that do understand and enjoy the various subgenres that hip hop has to offer and the multitude of directions it can take.

There's also people that call themselves obsessesed with noise rock who like Big Black but then can't into Las Rallizes Denudes. Doesn't mean every noise rock band is a poser.
>>
>>64136130
Wow, never seen that picture before! Great find!
>>
>>64136336
Noise rock fan*
>>
Hip hop fan here.

I don't like Lil B. I listen to everything except country and rock.
>>
>>64136460
>I don't listen to rock

I don't think you realize just how much music that is
>>
>>64136505
Why waste my time with a microgenre like rock when there are centuries of traditional folk and classical and a decade of jazz and rhythm and blues?
>>
>>64136176

this is what racists truly believe

hip hop's just had a melodic renaissance while subgenres continue to form

it's the most exciting genre
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 278x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 278x266
>>64136542
>rock
>microgenre
>>
>>64136542
Just because that's good shit doesn't mean rock isn't. I think you're just a pretentious dickhead.
>>
>>64137557
compared to traditional folk and classical he's completely right
>>
>>64136985
How is that racist?
>>
>>64137557
it's almost as if he is making outlandish statements to provoke a reaction! that devious trickster
>>
>>64137599
How long it's been around != the size of the genre man. A microgenre is like vaporwave. Rock covers multiple entire genres and has birthed more individual records than either classical or trad folk even if they've been around longer. That is fact
>>
>>64137643
He clearly is but that doesn't make him any less retarded
>>
>>64137599
That's because those aren't genre's, they're umbrella terms.
>>
>>64137679
>Noun
>microgenre (plural microgenres)
>(art) A very small and specialized genre

For the 40 years rock was a relevant style of music, the only variation on geetah + drums was adding a keyboard. Rock was just a really boring microgenre.
>>
>>64136336
problem is the vocal minority of dickheads
>>
>>64137757
>the only variation on geetah + drums was adding a keyboard
I was kind of with you up until this. That plainly isn't true.
>>
>>64137780
Ya I completely agree. Course that doesn't give OP the right to generalize, but it always the ones that actually don't know shit that go spewing their garbage and claiming to have heard all the good hip hop.
>>64137757
Wait, you aren't being serious? R-right?
>>
>>64137757
Why are you straight up lying though

>i don't listen to rock
>allow me to explain the only variation in all rock music as if I've heard it all
>>
>>64137818
>>64137834
>>64137863
rock - 3 chord ditties about lost love
punk - strum a bit faster, moan about government
meal - strum faster, sing about dragons

Wheres the variety?
>>
>>64137919
Oh, no we all got hooked
>>
>>64137919
typical amateur baiting move.

you went too far too soon anon, now everyone knows it's all a sham
>>
>>64137919
oh wait he is joking, okay good. phew
>>
>>64136176
>Fans of old-school hip hop are the best (of any kind).

Hell fucking no
>>
>>64137757
Wew lad
Go take your progressive critical theory and apply it to your nigger sounds, you'll be surprised to learn that "hip-hop" doesn't even exist
>>
>>64138291
I beg to differ remember there's 4 elements to hip hop not just music
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.