[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He fucking sampled Strange Fruit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: yeeeeezus.jpg (70 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
yeeeeezus.jpg
70 KB, 319x319
how much fucking nerve does this dickhead have
>>
and he made it better

he's the king
>>
File: 1458945363586.jpg (434 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458945363586.jpg
434 KB, 640x640
>>64134548
so what, not even black people are allowed to sample black artists anymore?
>>
>>64134600
I'd sample her if you know what I meme
>>
It's one of his best songs ever
>>
>>64134600
It's individual appropriation, but who cares about that?
>>
Yeah, it seems really disrespectful and fucked up to me when you consider "black bodies swinging in the summer breeze" is juxtaposed with "she instagram herself like bad bitch alert"
>>
>>64134863

i mean i think that's a pretty striking way to put contemporary black instagram culture into historical context

don't agree that it's disrespectful
>>
>>64134548
why not
>>
>>64134548
Yeah? Well you're a WHITE MALE!
>>
>>64134988
agreed. no idea why so many people here don't get it. i mean obviously this board isn't filled with smart people, but still
>>
>>64134863
the whole album is like that desu. "Black girl sippin' white wine/ Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign"
>>
>>64134559
Go kys cuck
>>
>>64134863

>that's the fucking point
>>
>>64135123
who give a shit about some old ass 50s music

kanye is the new and the now and the genius of our generation. name a better artist out there rn. name a better album this decade than MBDTF. kanye can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>64135146
>name a better album this decade than MBDTF

Yeezus and The Life of Pablo
>>
>>64135095
don't forget new slaves which is about him being a slave because he doesn't have full control over his fashion line at adidas.
>>
>>64135129
>he was a moron ON PURPOSE
incredible how many Kanye stans think this. Have you ever considered that he might just be a retard with no ulterior motives?
>>
>>64134863
>>64135095
>>64135263
holy shit i never realized this about yeezus. i guess thats typical kanye but that seems like a real topic of the album. is this album kanye trying to portray himself as ignorant as possible (which starts at comparing himself with jesus in the album title?)
>>
>>64135333
Yeah and it's also putting the frustration that he feels into a historical perspective making his own issues feel stupid and insignificant
>>
>>64135184
>Yeezus
>The Life of Pablo
>better than MBDTF
ROFL
>>
>>64135386
that would actually be really cool. i think yeezus is really underrated if you look at it from this perspective. most complaints were always about the topics/lyrics. i think sound-wise (the dark, industrial beats) are fucking amazing.
>>
>>64135263

Nah. It's about consumerism in black culture
>>
>>64135593
lol no it isn't. i remember him saying in an interview i think in the zane lowe one that that's what new slaves is about (that he feels like he is being used by adidas and isnt allowed his creative ideas).
>>
Yeezus is like a shit attempt at Kanye trying to be like Kendrick.
>>
>>64135863
and i want to add to this: why does everybody think new slaves is a conscious song about consumerism? of course its about himself. since 808s and especially MBDTF all of his music has been about himself. and especially the whole yeezus album is about himself. of course new slaves is also about his problems and not a critique of consumerism or whatever many people make it out to be.
>>
>>64136106
they dont want to admit yeezus is a steamy pile of shit
>>
>>64135863
>>64136106
>Meanwhile the DEA
>Teamed up with the CCA
>They tryna lock niggas up
>They tryna make new slaves
>See that's that privately owned prison
>Get your piece today
>>
>>64136334
i actually think it's pretty great. not amazing or his best but definitly better than TLOP. but people acting as if new slaves was some sort of concious critique of consumerism are just stupid.
>>
>>64136106
>spending everything on alexander wang
>new slaves

Obviously it's about nike
>>
>>64135863

that's just plain wrong
>>
>>64136388
yeah he threw some random shit in there to make it rhyme. but ultimately its a song about his anger at nike.

>>64136422
holy shit i meant to say nike. dont care about all this brand shit.
>>
>>64136415
tlop > yeezus desu
>>
>>64136469
>yeah he threw some random shit in there to make it rhyme.

No he fucking just illuminated and called out the profitable mass incarceration of black males aka new slavery on a mass mainstream level.
>>
>>64136069
>Kendrick
>not Death Grips
>>
>>64136599
okay i kinda dug myself in a hole there. yes you are right he is making a critique about that you are right. but at the same time the real message of the song is his anger about nike. and this follows the "concept" >>64135386 was talking about.
>black people hanging from trees, and suddenly its about instagram
>civil right sign, suddenly about sex
>new slaves, suddenly about shoes
i could be reaching there but i kinda think that's really what he was going for.
>>
>>64136106

I mean the song does't have a single objective meaning

I think it's possible to talk about yourself and critique society at the same time, not sure why you're drawing a line in the sand
>>
>>64136720

The contrasts that you're talking about are a form of critique

You're trying to argue but we're all making the same point here
>>
>>64135184
This
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.