[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bands /mu/ worships, but you still didn't listen >Swans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: 1459722602190.png (669 KB, 888x632) Image search: [Google]
1459722602190.png
669 KB, 888x632
Bands /mu/ worships, but you still didn't listen
>Swans
>Kanye West
>Talking Heads
>>
Weezer
Swans
Death Grips
Kanye
Any hip hop desu
Beatles
KPOP
NMH
Bowie

I've been on /mu/ for more than half a decade and I never bothered listening to any of the essentials albums other than MPP
>>
>>64133310
Kanye West is pretty normie
>>
>>64133362
Some of it is really wOrth it, what do you typically listen to?
>>
Grimes
Kanye
Kendrick
Chvrches
>>
>>64133410
Outsider music like the shaggs, daniel johnston, jandek, beefheart, etc

There's no way I'm gonna like Kanye.
>>
File: r7mIuMj.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
r7mIuMj.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
/mu/ really has no love for hip hop
>>
Young Thug 100%

I refuse to listen to that brain dead junkie mumble into the mic about xanax.
>>
>>64133612
You're really trying that hard to fit in here?
>>
>>64133715
/mu/ hates half of those artists and worships black meme rappers, you cretin
>>
>>64133692
i'm pretty sure 50% of young thug posts are either a joke or 15 year olds from hiphopheads and facebook.
>>
Is Swans worth giving a try?
Which album should I start with?
>>
Radiohead mostly
Not a huge fan of captain beefheart or the avalanches either
>>
>>64133801
i personally don't like them very much anymore but i'd check out to be kind or white light from the mouth of infinity

soundtracks for the blind is their best but it's kinda long and daunting for someone who isn't familiar with them. some might say filth but ehh
>>
the smiths
>>
>>64133799
nah /mu/ genuinely likes young thug for the most part
there's plenty of legit fans
>>
>>64133362
Only one thar's worth it is Swans and NMH because it'll get you into the other, better E6 stuff
>>
>>64133747
That's what /mu/ likes to think so you have something to talk about with the rest of the retards you autistic pile of dog shit
>>
>>64133801
Start with filth.
>>
>>64133310
kanye west is a good band i hope they don't split up
>>
>>64133310
I would recommended not listening to Swans -- Gira is a rapist.
>>
>>64134073
And a drug dealer.
>>
>>64134034
t. meme rap loving white pitchfork cuck 15 year old
>>
I think they are absolutely worth it. Definitely the best /mu/core act. Start with Filth and work your way through the catalog. Starting with Filth, you'll hear a melodic/almost groovy, angry Noise rock and it'll gradually get less groovy and even angrier as you move through the catalog. The Noise Rock comes to an absolute head with the live album Public Castration is a Good Idea, which is great. You'll probably have it figured out by then, but you'll come to see some gothic/post punk stuff, and some post rock as you move through the catalog
>>
radiohead and everything trap related
>>
>>64134535
Kid A is pretty good. I never got all the praise for OKC, though
>>
>>64134073
>
>>
imo radiohead, the smiths and talking heads are worth a listen through their influential stuff even if you don't like them, cos you can pick up how much they influenced newer shit and it's rly satisfying
>>
File: gira.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
gira.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>this thread
>>
Grimes
Hip Hop
Metal
Ive worked through most of the /mu/core on the chart at this point
>>
>>64135244
The only metal I personally like is Drone Doom, but that's just me
>>
>>64135244
honestly same grimes feels so anaemic to me
>>
File: UGHH.jpg (50 KB, 400x711) Image search: [Google]
UGHH.jpg
50 KB, 400x711
>>64135311
Bet you also enjoy Sunbather
>>
>>64135384
No I actually hate deafheaven. I hate deafheaven more than actual black metal, which I can get with sometimes. Like I said I'm not a metal fan. But what's so bad about drone doom?
>>
>>64133612
>Outsider music
>Hasn't heard Swans or Death Grips yet
What are you doing with your life
>>
>>64135481
I don't think you quite know what outsider music is
>>
All the waifushit (Jepsen, Bjork, Newsom, Grimes, CHVRCHES, Bush) for one simple reasons: their fans already make me hate their music.
>"Y-you can't judge music without hearing it first"
Bullshit. If you treat something like it's the greatest thing in the world i will undoubtably have high expectations for it, even if just in an unconscious way. I'm 100% sure the music these women make is not worth the praise, and what makes people love em so much is their pretty face (even though Grimes is ugly as shit but people still like her so uhh whatever). And it's not because they're women. I managed to enjoy Nico, Nina Simone, Lauren Halo and other female musicians. Why's that? Their fans don't suck.
>>
>>64135536
Well, to be fair, if you weren't on /mu/, you wouldn't see the same autismal brand of praise they get. Bjork is pretty good imo
>>
>>64135616
Not him but bjork is waiffufaged a lot and i think that she is also overrated while still good.
>>
>>64135648
She is subject to waifu-faggotry but that isn't her fault. Her music is definitely worth listening to, either way
>>
>>64133612
>I listen to /mu/core
>No way am I going to like /mu/core

All of those are incredibly entry level outsider music, by the way. Get some taste.
>>
>>64135702
>implying you can actually name some that aren't wild man fischer
>>
>>64135616
Yeah but i am on /mu/, that's the point. Experience will undoubtably influence me on the perception of that stuff, willing or not.
>>
>>64133649
because everybody knows that reddit is a better place to talk about hip hop
>>
>>64135748
I wish this weren't true, but you're right. There are a lit of acts whose listenerbase made me so pissed that I couldn't listen to the artist with open ears. I listened to Bjork before I came here
>>
I've listened to everything that has been posted on /mu/

>tfw having no life outside of listening to music and browsing 4chan
>>
>>64135857
Now you gotta listen to stuff that isn't posted on /mu/
>>
>>64133362
Only thing you're really missing out on are the Beatles. Weezer, Death Grips, and Bowie have some good songs too.
>>
>>64135879
But where? :( I should leave and never come back.
>>
>>64135743
Wicked Witch, Savage Young Taterbug, 井内賢吾, Inflatable Boy Clams, Caroliner, Howard Finster.

Tonetta and Gary Wilson are pretty entry level but are quite good.
>>
>>64133310

>Death Grips
>Weezer
>Talking Heads
>Godspeed You Black Emperor
>Gorillaz
>The Microphones
>Kanye West
>Have a Nice Life
>Sigur Ros
>Nirvana
>Slowdive
>The Flaming Lips
>Modest Mouse
>Nine Inch Nails
>Tortoise
>The Doors
>Leanard Cohen
>Black Flag
>Nick Drake
>Any hip-hop
>Any jazz

This summer, though. Man I'm going to be listening to a ton of music this summer. Except for hip-hop.
>>
>>64136007
Explore labels on discogs
>>
>>64136055
I wouldn't waste my time with Gorillaz and The Flaming Lips tho
>>
the avalanches
american football
any jazz shit
>>
>>64136376
Some Flaming Lips is good, though
>>
jason aldean

it's just pop country wtf
>>
>>64136743
Can't you hear the obvious Fishmans influence? That's some other level bro country pal.
>>
>>64133310
you got any of the memes from that Drake and Josh thread? forgot to screencap
>>
talking heads
beach boys
magnetic fields
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.