[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I play guitar every time I try picking it up I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 240x232
How do I play guitar

every time I try picking it up I can't play a single note because of my stupid tiny baby hands and just give up
>>
You should be able to play at least a note, regardless of how small your hands are. I have small hands too, but over time my fretting hand became more and more flexible such that I could stretch my hand to compensate for its smallness.
>>
>>64133407
>you should be able to play at least a note

I literally cannot

I've gone through three instructors, my hand eye coordination is that off the walls
>>
don't fret, OP
>>
>>64133635
Well it's not because of your tiny baby hands then. Just keep practicing, and your hand eye should improve, unless it's so bad that it should receive medical attention (like it's a serious brain issue or something).
>>
>>64133276
just keep doing it. the only thing that can keep you from getting to where you want to be is you not playing.
>>
>>64133635
literally all you have to do is press your finger on the fretboard and pluck a string, it doesn't matter how bad your hand eye coordination is. going beyond that yeah you need to do more stuff but just playing a single note you should be able to do if you have working arms.
>>
>>64133276
>wanting to play such a meme instrument
Be a man and pick up the bassoon, faggot.
>>
>>64133767
Do you want me to record a video of me trying to play a note

My hands freeze up and my brain tries to process the maneuvering
>>
>>64133822
I need this
>>
are you like actually retarded in the literal sense of the word
>>
>>64133822
honestly if you posted a video of you not being able to do this I would think you were faking it.

if you weren't then I literally unironically think you should see a doctor.
>>
>>64133880
I went to my doctor's last month for blood work and a brain scan and he said the only noticeable thing in my head was something like dysthymia, so I don't think so. I'll make the video in a second
>>
>>64133989
how the fuck can you scan for dysthymia lol what?
>>
>>64133989
Actually he did say I should see a psychiatrist but that has nothing to do with retardation
>>
>>64134010
That's what he wrote down, do you need photographical evidence of my medical report
>>
>>64133822
OK here is an easy way to play six notes.
Pick up your pick and strum all six strings. Don't touch the fretboard. There's 6 notes you just played at once. Strum each one individually, you've just played an E, A, D, G, B and another E
>>
>>64133822
Pls do
>>
>stupid tiny baby hands
That's what the ukulele is for. Just learn that OP
>>
When I first picked up a guitar I couldn't play a single note without the string being muted. That changed in less than 10 minutes, you babyfingered saddo.
>>
>>64133276
i think you just should sing lol
>>
just practice. Your hands will limber up with use. I have relatively small hands and i play bass, no hassles
>>
>can't play from SMALL hands
Nigga what
Small hands are ideal for guitar.
It's more difficult for me and my Lana Kane-tier monster hands.
>>
>>64133702
Yeah I've got this problem as far as I know there's nothing you can do
>>
>>64134481
>Lana Kane-tier
kek
>>
File: image_8.jpg (18 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
18 KB, 250x229
Hey OP where is the fucking video?
>>
>>64135224
Ya where?
>>
V I D E O
I
D
E
O
>>
>>64133822
holy shit yes

but if serious >>64133954
yeah see a doctor immediately
>>
in 4th grade the teacher taught everyone in my class to play smoke on the water and heavens on fire. retard.
>>
>>64134481
objectively wrong idiot. there are a lot of extended jazz chords that baby hands wouldn't be able to play
>>
WHERES THE VIDEO OP
>>
>>64133276
Get a ukulele you tiny handed faggot
>>
>>64133822
posting for video
>>
File: 1453243576381.jpg (46 KB, 573x698) Image search: [Google]
1453243576381.jpg
46 KB, 573x698
The video never came. :(
>>
Little girls can play guitar you fucking pussy. It takes years to get good at guitar, you're not entitled to be able to play it, you have to learn it.
>>
>>64133276
Stretch the fuck out your hands when you're playing. It only hurts if you're a little bitch.
>>
>>64133822
Please do the video! For your own sake though don't have your face in there or risk becoming a meme. Unless you're after meme fame
>>
File: gill man.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gill man.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
stretch your hands lad if I can do it anyone can
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.