[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I'm feeling down and an hour or two ago I decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Pom Pom.jpg (74 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Pom Pom.jpg
74 KB, 620x620
Today I'm feeling down and an hour or two ago I decided to play whatever I come upon first...

>my computer
>dowloads
>youtubedownloader - bestsummermixes2016
>Ariel Pink - Pom Pom

Fuck. I could never bring myself to listen to this album in its entirety... dunno, it just felt pretentious, but okay I'll go with it this time...

>around an hour later

My God... This shit is like a drug when you're feeling blue (especial from track 3 onward).

/mu/'s opinion on it?
>>
its rly good
>>
Go listen to his Haunted Graffiti albums as well. They aren't as polished as Pom Pom but they're just as great. House Arrest is a good place to start with those.
>>
>>64132712
Before Today and Mature Themes are
the discography split is when he joined 4AD
>>
>>64132348
it's okay too much filler fucks this up from being his best. also some of these are remade shit from his lo-fi broke days. (daydream inn)

one summer night
nude beach
jell-o
goth bomb
dinosaur
negativ ed
plastic raincoats(poor zappa ripoff)
should have all been scrapped

Atleast we get black ballerina which is probably one of his best songs to date
>>
It's a masterpiece
>>
>>64132798
pretty much nailed it
i might save a couple of those (on a relisten) but offhand i'd be ok with them all being scrapped
take the shit tracks off and you'd have a 10/10
>>
File: 1439603574129s.jpg (2 KB, 125x76) Image search: [Google]
1439603574129s.jpg
2 KB, 125x76
>>64132798
>not thinking One Summer Night, Nude Beach and Plastic Raincoats are incredible pop tunes..

yeah, i would prefer if you didnt have an opinion t-b-h
>>
>>64132798
Tryhard, I liked you and I think your posts are sometimes funny but if you post wrong opinions on here again then you're going to be dealt with permanently

Consider this your first and final warning....................................................................kiddo
>>
>>64132935
no they aren't.Plastic raincoats is a bad homage to the orignal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVEqxSlaQ64

Anything off house arrest/worn copy is much better than those songs.
>>
>>64132798
>too much filler

Maybe it's due to my mood, but I don't think there were that many filler tracks (although I didn't listen to much of his previous works so it might be because of that)... Could change my mind after a couple more listenings.

I dunno, whole album kinda felt like a series of commercial jingles from dystopian future... in a really good way.
>>
>>64133036
its okay, admit you just dont get it.
>>
>>64133093
nah it's fine. Filler was a bad choice of words.I just feel like it could have been a 10/10.Other songs IMO are on another level .
>>
>>64133196
don't back off your opinion, you were right

some of the songs are so jokey it takes away from the other 10/10 songs
nothing on the album is bad, but it does take away a lot of the impact and makes it a really divided album
it doesn't flow like it should
>>
>>64133196
I disagree. I feel like the album is much more focused on being a concept album than being a music album. He finally got that pop artist podium he's been trying to get from the start in the wake of his last 2 albums, so of course he's going to use it to fuck with people's expectations. It's the same reason he's done stuff like go on Red Eye, claimed to support bestiality, had public freakouts, etcs.
>>
>>64133352
yea this is probably correct, but it still doesn't make it a good decision
(that being said, if it keeps people away from his live shows and allows me to see him in smaller venues, i'm all for it)
>>
>>64133352
Although I do agree that they don't work very well musically, and his more traditional tracks like Lipstick and Dayzed Inn are way better. My point is just that it was intentionally not supposed to work very well musically
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.