[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What music helps you cope with the suicidal depression, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13
File: 1460709881956.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1460709881956.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
What music helps you cope with the suicidal depression, /mu/?
>>
>>64130898
Making my own music, and doolittle
>>
File: NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg
93 KB, 300x300
>>64130898

would probably be dead without this one senpai.
>>
What suicidal depression? I'm pretty happy tbf
>>
Red House Painters, Giles Corey, HANL, Carissa's Wierd - Songs About Leaving, etc.. I have a lot of go to albums for this
>>
hotline bling
>>
>>64131018
This.
>>
>>64131208
this
>>
it was sufjan stevens but now i've listened to all of his albums three hundred thousand times i don't know what else to listen to and i can't take it
>>
>>64130898
I don't know. Every time I get into my car, I have the urge to drive off a cliff, but somehow I keep finding the motivation to drive home instead. I don't know where that inspiration is coming from, but I have a feeling it will run out soon.
>>
Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Srsly.
>>
>>64131562
When I lived in Berlin, sometimes I had to call in sick because I couldn't trust myself not to throw myself in front of a U Bahn
>>
>>64131172
>>64131537
>>64131578
Yes yes yes
>>
>>64130898
ITAOTS, The College Dropout and uplifting queercore like Team Dresch have helped me
>>
>>64130898
Codeine - Frigid Stars LP
>>
This Mortal Coil
>>
>>64131585
What a time to be alive.
>>
Vietnamese math rock
>>
>>64132302
Sounds like you're a fan of big dong.
>>
misanthropic japanese avant folk and post-punk
>>
Flaming Lips
>>
Narcissistic hip hop
>>
>>64130898
Animal Collective or The Grateful Dead.
>>
>>64130898
beastie boys
>>
All music
>>
File: DS.jpg (2 MB, 1281x1920) Image search: [Google]
DS.jpg
2 MB, 1281x1920
>>64130898
man up you fucking pussy
>>
>>64130898
kpop
>>
File: 1454984169102.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1454984169102.webm
3 MB, 960x540
cute korean girls....
>>
>>64130898
kpop
t.t dance and get over your sorrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haj5YBcV3TM
>>
in4b stay in your containment thread faggots
>>
File: contain.jpg (434 KB, 1215x507) Image search: [Google]
contain.jpg
434 KB, 1215x507
>>64133505
>>
>>64130898
Elliott Smith
Slowdive
>>
OP why don't you just literally be yourself?
>>
File: 1458263774155.jpg (3 MB, 2400x4992) Image search: [Google]
1458263774155.jpg
3 MB, 2400x4992
>>
>>64133429
>jewellery adverts
>making people feel less suicidal
Pick one.
>>
File: dij come before christ.jpg (64 KB, 484x632) Image search: [Google]
dij come before christ.jpg
64 KB, 484x632
nine inch nails mostly

my last suicide attempt was while i was listening to daedalus rising by death in june, listening to that song now kind of reminds me of what doing that and being hospitalized for a week put my family through and gives me some perspective to keep from trying it again

but really all of the music i like helps in some way, reminds me that there's something worthwhile about existing even though it's so painful

also prayer helps
>>
i recommend psych meds desu, though i've got psychotic bipolar so mine are non-optional i guess. also violent femmes & talking heads are good value. also i recommend the mountain goats. no clue if /mu/ likes them but yeah jd's lyrics are really chillingly good at discussing mental illness. never quite free always destroyed me cos it's rly relevant to what i have
>>
Deafheaven, My Bloody Valentine and XO is my go-to when I'm feeling like I'm done with this shit.
>>
>>64131172
>giles corey
>carissa's weird
he's already dead
>>
>tfw not depressed
Wew my lad desu
>>
Wtf duuuuufe
>>
not the magnetic fields
>>
>>64130898
Nothing helps me cope, it's the false belife things will get better that helps me cope..
Things haven't been better.
>>
sad future songs
>>
>>64136150
you medicated? if not, i recommend
>>
>>64136244
Medication will not make my shitty situation better.
>>
File: scatmans world.jpg (315 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
scatmans world.jpg
315 KB, 1000x1000
>>64130898
No joke, this always puts a giant goofy grin on my face
>>
>>64136281
your attitude is what's going to keep you trapped in this depressive ouroboros

medication along with therapy could help you break that cycle, if you truly wanted to, but it sounds like you would rather just be depressed forever because it gives you an excuse to never try and thus protects you from the fear of failing
>>
>>64136281
if you're in an abuse situation or something that you need to get out of there's some good advice on captain awkward (terrible name I know)
>>
the madness keeps me happy

https://ludlumhoodlum.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
I don't know about suicidal, I haven't really thought about suicide for years. Life is fucking shit but I still get to listen to lots of nice albums and I don't really have any responsibilities. Of course I don't have any meaningful friendships or any motivation to do anything productive ever either. I don't necessarily like being alive, I just like not being dead.
>>
>>64136709
This.

Not sad really. Just completely, absolutely, unequivocally "meh"
>>
File: 59424c77.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
59424c77.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
>>64130898
>BUT IT'S DIFFERENT NOW THAT I'M POOR AND AGING I'LL NEVER SEE THIS PLACE AGAIN >AND YOU GO STABBING YOURSELF IN THE NECK

I-It gets better, r-right guys?
>>
Anime OPs and Future Bass
>>
Post-rock is very good to listen to if you're feeling down. This album has helped me immensely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3YCc7uMjWc
>>
The Avalanches will cheer you up
>>
File: this will destroy you.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
this will destroy you.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>64136825
Another recommendation.

Pretty awesome stuff on there.
>>
>>64136709
>>64136761

thirding, like maybe it's just where I am philosophically, but while I've thought about suicide I've never actually seriously considered it. Like at the lowest points it's mostly apathy towards existence, but I figured if I had no preference towards existence or non-existence I might as well make full use of my existence even if it is something like pure suffering because I'll only have finite time with existence compared to infinite time with non-existence.

Luckily lately I've been doing slightly better so at least I find some things occasionally interesting and I'm making some progress in life even though on the whole I'm devoid of feeling or caring or passion.
>>
>>64133979
>prayer helps
>>
>>64136940
mah nigga
>>
>>64136366
I've done meds and therepy for years. They really didn't do much for me.
>>
>>64136988
yeah it's a good way to stop and center myself, it's meditative and calming

good thing i'm not stereotypical reddit-tier internet fedora tipper or else i wouldn't have that tool available to me, feels good man
>>
>>64137063
it's not about them doing things for you it's about you using those resources to help you do things for yourself
>>
>>64137063
if you feel your stronger by doing those things. you're not, youre just fucking up your own life. you've said before one of your biggest regrets is wasting time, and wasting your twenties, why continue to do it?
>>
same guy as>>64136761

>>64136986
I have my friends from back home and I keep in touch with them over discord (kinda like Skype) and they are a real help. I do have fun with people where I'm at, though I'm in a bit of a weird position with some of them.

The way I see it, it helps to view it all as a sort of challenge life gives you. If you can get past it, you're all the stronger for it.
>>
>>64135447
IDK, Giles Corey, like pic related has always felt like a "Stabilizing" album for me. It drags you down, but it keeps you there and prevents you from going further.

Just wish the lyrics for You All Look the Same To Me were better. They're not "bad", (Maybe cringey if you tend to cringe at stuff, as the album in every single way encapsulates the feeling of a highschool breakup), just really simple and almost cliche, but in a way that you still connect with them.
>>
>>64137106
>good thing i'm not stereotypical reddit-tier internet fedora tipper

No, you're a retard.

>you literally believe in a man in the sky
>M-MUH FEDORAS! MUH REDDIT! MUH OTHER AD HOMINEM! MUH LITERALLY NO ARGUMENT

Have fun being a retard
>>
this guy's songs will either help you or make you want to kill yourself even more.
>>
>>64137158
you do nothing, or the bare minimum because you aren't taking risks and doing things full ass. you give excuses so you don't really have to do anything. I'm sure you've been told all of this before, but you still do little to nothing and expect the world
>>
>>64137262
Can definitely confirm this.
>>
Low - I Could Live In Hope
>>
>>64136366
Now that I think about it, you're right. But the thing is I'll get inspired to change, go to make those changes, the get depressed and hopeless. It sucks.
>>
This helped me when I was depperessed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yeNzL7rTU
>>
depends, if i want to attempt to feel happy i listen to ABBA or cheesy power metal, if i want to revel in sadness i listen to The Angelic Process and these >>64131172 .
>>
>>64137223
sounds like you have some anger in your soul bro, i hope one day you figure out what you hate about yourself so you can get better and stop projecting it out onto the world. best of luck lmao
>>
>>64137367
>get depressed and hopeless
shot in the dark here, do you feel like that because things aren't working out quicker than you thought? You have to put in work and make sacrifices in life to get somewhere, are you? Seems not?
>>
>>64136366
The worst thing about this isn't the fact that it's true - it's the fact that I know it, I've heard it a thousand times before from anons and my own internal monologue, and I still won't do anything about it. Occasionally I will have small bursts of productivity where it seems like I'm getting my life on track, but I always seem to end up back in a reclusive rut.

I am not a useful or worthwhile person, but I am not a bad person either. I wish I could just be normal.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1500x1494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1500x1494
King Crimson, Larks Tounges in Aspic. Play that shit on full blast with a good turntable and stereo system.
>>
>>64137497
I feel the same way all the time.
>>
>>64137497
>I am not a useful or worthwhile person, but I am not a bad person either. I wish I could just be normal.
This si one of the reason I think people don't like me or want me around. I'm not entertaining, I'm not funny, good looking, i'm very serious and stoic. I'm not much of someone who talk a lot of is a very social person. When I try to be social it always back fires. The only time I was social and had somewhat of a social life was through mopeds.
>>
>>64131656
My religion teacher in high school recommended them to me, but I still haven't listened. Are they any good?
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.