[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nirvana destroyed the music. This shit-band made metal softer,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: nirvana.jpg (161 KB, 640x363) Image search: [Google]
nirvana.jpg
161 KB, 640x363
Nirvana destroyed the music.

This shit-band made metal softer, turn rock into a "teen music" with all this shit teen bands, create the idea that everyone could produce music without artistic ideas or technique.

Just turn the radio, its full of: shit-teen rock bands (i like to call it "shiteen bands"); comerical trash pop music created by whores; uninteresting empty eletronic songs and others artistic-vacuous musicians ... AND ITS ALL NIRVANA FAULT

We live in the worst age of music, thanks to Nirvana
>>
all hail the bad music
>>
File: iwishitwas2009.png (123 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
iwishitwas2009.png
123 KB, 750x600
you'z trawlinz!
>>
Is that Avey Tare
>>
>>64129259
You're giving Nirvana too much credit. They didn't do anything that punk bands weren't doing 20 years earlier.
>>
>listening to rock
>2016
>>
>>64129382
When was a punk band ever as mainstream with as much influence as Nirvana?
>>
When did David Pajo join Nirvana?
>>
>>64129259
Well just before them was guns and roses, bon jovi and skid row and soft cock, radio, hair metal bands so you could actually argue the opposite
>>
>>64129483
>>64129382
punk its full of art, they break the conservative "chain" like the hippie moviment did and questioned about the music values, like the dada movement did in the avant-garde. They were fundamental for thrash metal and other good genres
>>
>>64129483
The Sex Pistols were #1 in the charts with their albums and singles

The Clash are practically classic rock now

a bunch of people from the punk scene were rebranded as new wave and then turned into major pop stars, including Blondie, Talking Heads, Billy Idol, and The Go Go's

and then there was that whole pop punk era with Green Day/The Offspring/blink-182/Sum 41
>>
>>64129483
That was the problem. They were a pretty non-noteworthy band that blew up and lent huge influence, homogenizing rock music into shitty grunge.

Not to mention Cobain's ridiculous beliefs and all the people who agreed with him. He and the band just have this whole feeling like they were trying to be as sincere as possible, and that led to their fans, even today, acting the same way, and somehow, in that attempt to be sincere, lost every semblance of individuality that they ever had
>>
This is literally a fallacy.
>>
>turn rock into a "teen music" with all this shit teen bands

Rock music was always for teenagers tbqh.
>>
You are all memeing in this thread right?
I can't believe people are this stupid.
>>
>>64129714
rock fans were teens, true, but this dont make rock a teen music, the lyrics werent about high school, crushs and other teen "problems" like it is today
>>
>>64129598
Best shitpost.
>>
>>64129778
>oh god, why am i so smarter than everyone else?
>>
>>64129996
>I've got it baad, i've got it baad,i've got it baad. i'm hot for teacher
>>
>>64132318
yeah
>>
don't have words for this
>>
File: 1460495304983.jpg (22 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
1460495304983.jpg
22 KB, 400x265
>YFW you, literally, can't name a single Good band influenced by Nirvana
>>
>>64132435
radiohead
>>
>>64129259
>turn rock into a "teen music"
>implying that rock wasn't always a teen music
>>
>>64129259
>shit-teen rock bands (i like to call it "shiteen bands")
jesus christ autism overload
>>
>>64133608
that actually a smart neologism
>>
>>64133724
no, actually, it isn't
>>
>>64133724
totes brer
>>
This is an obvious troll but I feel like some people are responding seriously. Nirvana is definitely overrated, but they were important. Besides, they weren't even metal in the first place. The grunge movement was romanticism in a way. It was revolting against all of the boy-band and glam rock bullshit that being shoved down people's throats by mixing proto-punk self-awareness รก la the Velvet Underground with the the hardcore/post-hard-core movement with bands like the Meatpuppets or Flipper.
I say romanticism because it dispelled this idea this weird fucked idea of hyper-masculinity and brought emotion back into the alternative mainstream without being fucking Morrissey.
Plus, we're just coming out of the Reagan Administration's majoritarian politics and there's a lot of marginalization to be angry about.
Idk, Nirvana's definitely important. Again, not as influential as maybe the Pixies (who aren't grunge) if we're talking time period, but definitely important. That's just my personal interpretation of things.
>>
>>64133542
>op implying that rock hasnt always been teen music
>>
most people who do music have "teen mentality"
you have to deal with it
>>
>>64134357
important for what? killing the music?
>>
File: JQrZuBOhvrrl[1].jpg (84 KB, 594x430) Image search: [Google]
JQrZuBOhvrrl[1].jpg
84 KB, 594x430
>>64134357
>it dispelled this idea this weird fucked idea of hyper-masculinity

I don't know if I buy that hair metal was more explicitly masculine than grunge in its presentation or ethos

I think it just had more pretensions of being connected to some sort of "underground" which was a bunch of crap anyway, it was just as much of a commodity, style over substance, etc
>>
>>64129259
You shouldn't blame them, they were just making their music, and it was pretty good.
You should instead blame the public reaction to them.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.