[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /mu/ think of this when it came out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 81SqEAkMf7L._SL1400_.jpg (295 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
81SqEAkMf7L._SL1400_.jpg
295 KB, 1400x1400
What did /mu/ think of this when it came out?
>>
Shit, like all his other compositions.
>>
>>64126470
Why are they shit?
>>
>>64126286
I thought it was pretty great. I found the unapologetic motives for creating an accessible album for environmental purposes to be refreshing. It's not academic, and it's not heady, but I found it to be a satisfying listen simply for its ambiance.
>>
He's performing this at the Sydney Opera House in a couple of months. The concert goes from 11pm - 7am. $350 a pop, to sit in a concert hall and sleep.

a bit of a g up imo.
>>
>>64126781
>$350 to sit in a concert hall and sleep
Lol

If I had the disposable income, I'd buy one.
>>
>>64126286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVN1B-tUpgs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOOT2o21ADI

How Arnalds hasn't gotten his ass sued for stealing Richter's composition is beyond me.
>>
>>64126890
There's a heavy similarity, but it would hardly warrant a lawsuit, m8
>>
Listen to it regularly falling asleep. It actually works and the next morning I wake up to a reprise of the first song and it's strangely refreshing. Like conclusive evidence of a rich sleep
>>
>>64126961
I'll have to give that a try, given that's the intended purpose of the album. I really enjoy listening to it on night-walks
>>
>>64126890
Might as well include https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1qIV3WXZFE
It's just that slow, dramatic minor cello chords are easy but powerful. They're one of the modern composer's most direct access to poignancy.
>>
>>64127120>>64126890

dae v->VI????
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.