[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a "I have tinnitus for life and doctors can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: StVincent_dying.png (738 KB, 720x714) Image search: [Google]
StVincent_dying.png
738 KB, 720x714
>it's a "I have tinnitus for life and doctors can't do anything about it" episode
>>
Ryoji Ikeda
>>
Whydo you have to remind me of this suffering?
>>
st vincen has tinnitus?
>>
Add some more zinc to you diet
>>
I thought there were pills.
>>
>>64125445
>>64125446
Wait what?
T b h i dont want to take pills every day for the rest of my life but what's up with zinc?
>>
>>64125026
was pretty loud when I saw superposition. Last bit was deafening without plugs
>>
>>64125461
I dunno there's some commercial on tv but I dont give a shit. The louder the buzzing the louder the volume.
>>
>>64125461
Just read that you could reduce it by 10 db, take your vitamins
>>
don't worry too much fám
in 10 years tops, scienctists will probably find out the reason to that and will fix it. you will hear all good again
>>
>>64125583
PSA: Those don't work because Immunity Cat was put to sleep about a month ago
>>
>>64125594
That's not how it works, it's Immunity Cat
>>
Isn't tinnitus a brain problem though, all I ever knew about it was that its the brain trying to reproduce lost frequencies
>>
>>64125727
Tfw have to have a fan running at night because tinnitus.
Tfw no face.
>>
>>64125005
Anyone else have tinnitus as long as you can remember and actually enjoy it? I don't like total silence and I only really notice it then anyway.
If it really bothers you while trying to sleep just focus on another noise, maybe turn a fan on or something
>>
>>64125760
I'm pretty sure I've had it for such a long time. And the nights I sleep best are with some kind of background noise instead of silence. It's just maddening when you are stuck with silence.
>>
>>64125755
fucking hell i do this too dude
>>
>>64125594
Immunity cat is immune to your bullshit
>>
It's just God's way of saying you're not rocking hard enough.

nb4 but thats what started it in the first place

chicken or the egg dude
>>
>>64125760
i dont have it, but whenever i get that ringing sound it's actually quite pleasant, yeah
>>
File: hannibal keepin it real.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hannibal keepin it real.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
hey /mu/

I've had tinnitus for a couple years. It really varies from day to day. Sometimes I'm not even sure if it's there or if I'm just imagining the sound, and sometimes it's really terrible.

It gets worse if I listen to music. For example, if I stay up late making beats or something, it's a lot worse the next morning, especially if I don't keep the volume down. Sometimes it's really bad after an hour or so of listening to music on reasonably low volume.

I'm afraid I fucked myself for life when I was 15 by listening to music really loud all the time. Nowadays I am really careful with my ears but I fear it's too late

I've heard that tinnitus is something that can go away by itself tho, and that there are many different potential causes so maybe there's some hope. so far it hasn't bothered me that much anyway desu. maybe I should just accept it and move on

can anyone relate?
>>
>>64125594
fuck you gook
>>
>>64125005
Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org.

Do this and you should basically have some temporary relief.
>>
>>64126114
But this is temporary right? It will come back, i read that for some people, being able to experience silence again made their tinnitus seem even worse when it came back
>>
I've had it for a couple years now and don't really care that much about it anymore desu. Ear fatigue after listening to music is much worse. Has anyone got their ear wax removed by an ENT or doctor? I'm thinking about it cuz I'm pretty sure I have a shit ton built up.
>>
>>64126151
I did a few weeks after getting tinnitus and it didnt solve anything. I had a big chunk in my left ear tho
>>
>>64126136
>Do this and you should basically have some temporary relief.
>temporary relief

Yeah, but it won't make the tinnitus worse. Tinnitus is basically what you hear when a certain muscle is being extremely tense/hypersensitive. So when you're doing this it basically relaxes that muscle for some time.
It may subjectively seem worse because of the silence you experienced beforehand but it won't actually be worse
>>
>>64126177
did it improve your hearing at all? That's what I'm more concerned about cuz my ears feel all clogged up.

Also, what did they do? Just use tweezers or put some solution or something down your ear?
>>
>>64126114
wtf i think this works
>>
>>64126195
Nope it didnt improve it. They used a syringe (? Im not english dont know if thsts the word) with warm water and shoot it into the ear and the wax would come out
>>
>>64125755
>>64125830
I don't have tinnitus (hearing has certainly been damaged from loud music though), but I've done that for as long as I can remember.

I just like the background noise since it's still annoying what your ear tries to pick up in near dead silence.
>>
File: 0.jpg (387 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
387 KB, 1300x866
>>64126025
I also have tinitus and I got mine in a weird way.
I had headphones which I used for some months and then one earcan broke off, so I had to keep using my speakers. but sometimes I must use my broken headphones, so I hold the one working earcan up to my ear with my shoulders
from now and then I got tinnitus for a little while but it went away pretty quick.
but one day I noticed how I hear a sound which doesn't seem to come from my room or elsewhere. it get's sometimes realy high pitched or just mid pitched
but the weirdest shit came when I stood up from my chair and wen't to the toilet. a loud slow swinging, bassish buzz comes, and goes away after I sit down for a while

I seriously don't know if it was the position I was listening to my music(with my shoulders up so I can hold my headphones to my ear), which caused the tinnitus ... I think for me its cause is an orthopedic issue and not neurologic

but that's not all senpai. I also have an grainy texture over my sight.
>pic related
it's EXTREMLY noticable in the dark and I can't remember having this before I had the tinnitus.
I also found some forum posts where people reported to have the same issue but there is no medical report for this AT ALL. maybe I should get into researching this...

yeah yeah, I know. this aint my personal blog. but I had to get this out of here, since no one else gave a fuck about my problems and all I need is to know if someone else has the same issues as me.
>>
>>64125755
You could save money by putting on a 10hr YouTube video of a hairdryer or fan.
Tip one from my tinnitus-economically business.
>>
>>64126327
>I know. this aint my personal blog. but I had to get this out of here
we're all suffering familia. its nice to talk about it sometimes.

tinnitus is weird. if I clench my jaws the sounds gets louder, wtf is up with that

have you taken any hallucinogens? your visual thing sounds like what some experience after heavy use of psychedelic drugs (HPPD). i think it's called visual snow or something, or maybe thats something else.
>>
>>64126327
holy fucking shit
i have the same eyesight shit dude
>>
>>64126327
it's snow vision
>>
>>64126450
It's called visual snow. Seems to be pretty common too.
>>
>>64126327
>>64126450
Because monitor screen looking.

Yeah you just have to stop listening to music for a while. A few days. I have tinnitus and I get scared I'm losing my hearing when it fires up, but it doesn't drive me nuts
>>
>>64126585
I have spent weeks not looking at screens or listening to music due to being out in nature, and it hasn't gone away.
I've had it since I'm a child anyway, and I don't have enough imagination to imagine what the world sounds and looks like without it.
>>
>>64126399
nope, never ever took any drugs.

and yes I think it is viusal snow
from a Wikipedia article:
>Non-visual symptoms such as tinnitus, depersonalization-derealization, fatigue, speech difficulties and cognitive dysfunction (brain fog) are frequently encountered.
some of the symptoms are exactly what I have, such as the tinnitus and speech difficulties
>>
>>64126665
What sort of speech difficulties?
>>
File: coop.png (56 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
coop.png
56 KB, 544x400
>>64126665
>mfw i have literally all of those symptoms
>mfw i have taken hallucinogens
fuck me
>>
>>64126695
what hallucinogens have you taken, and how frequently? Have you had any bad trips? I've taken a bunch of acid and shrooms and never had any problems, but my friends gf did it like twice, had a bad trip and had minor hallucinations and panic attacks for quite a while after. It's worth mentioning that she had been struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts (she actually tried killing herself) etc long before taking acid.

There's very little science behind HPPD so I'm always interested when someone says they have it
>>
>>64126794
not really frequently, but ive done dxm twice and mescaline 3 times and smoked a lot of weed
Yeah actually i had an absolute fucking nightmare experience after smoking weed one time and after that is when i first started noticing the visual snow, dont know if they are correlated
this was about two years ago and i didnt develop tinnitus until last year
>>
>>64126675
I wouldn't directly call it speech difficulties, but normaly when I wanted to talk, I just talk without thinking too much. I just say what I have to say. but now it just doesn't work. it doesn't "flow"
my mind sometimes stops thinking when I'm talking, so I stay for a couple of second in silence, before I get my head "booted up" again.
I simply have no own train of thought anymore...

I also can't talk without spitting like a fucking dog, but that's probably another issue
>>
>>64126828
>Yeah actually i had an absolute fucking nightmare experience after smoking weed one time and after that is when i first started noticing the visual snow
damn, just like i thought. i really wonder why bad trips (seem) cause these kind of things

i dont think the tinnitus has anything to do with it. my tinnitus is real intense when tripping nowadays tho. it gets louder and kinda distorted, the pitch of it goes up and down in a weird trippy way
>>
>have tinnitus but it comes and goes
Sometimes the ringing is very apparent and other times its almost entirely unnoticeable, but its always there.
>>
File: 1459697686532.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459697686532.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
>>64127610
This. Throughout the day i don't notice it, but when i go to bed i hear this loud ringing.
I think constant listening to loud music on my earphones caused this.
Fuck why didn't i listen to my mother when i was 16?
>>
the solution is comming soon, just take it easy and don't kill yourself yet
>>
>>64128749
source?
>>
I only hear my tinnitus after someone (or myself) reminds me of it. I got it at the final month of serving in Russian army. It was nearly unbearable at first, but then it got mild. But it never faded completely.
>>
>>64125005
you deserve it fag tv poster
>>
Since I took LSD, my tinnitus doesn't sound like a high frequency sound, it's like shaped by my environment, for example when I was at a concert before, my tinittus become shaped like the music I listened to
>>
>>64128749
They said that 10 years ago as well.
>>
>>64126151
>>64126195
Ive tried it once, since the earwax effectively clogged my ear to the point of losing hearing on one side. Didn't improve my hearing beyond restoring it to the point it was at a few days earlier though.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.