[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW JAMES FERRARO JUST DROPPED AND HE CALLED IT "Barbie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14
File: James_Ferraro_750_530_90_s.jpg (48 KB, 608x430) Image search: [Google]
James_Ferraro_750_530_90_s.jpg
48 KB, 608x430
NEW JAMES FERRARO JUST DROPPED AND HE CALLED IT "Barbie And The Rockers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUOQbkqRFAo

I think he's trying to recapture that Night Dolls vibe again.
>>
File: deerhoof.jpg (37 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
deerhoof.jpg
37 KB, 500x353
James Ferraro actually, really honestly fucking sucks. Alot. Seriously hate this dude and his shit music.
>>
IT'S SAD THAT IF THIS WAS RELEASED TODAY IT WOULD BE HAILED AS FANTASTIC AND NEW
>>
>>64117009
what albums have you heard by him?
>>
>>64117026
not true. fuck.
>>
that track is too good to have come from james. he'd probably throw it into one of his trillion alias side-projects nobody has heard of if he did produce it, the hack.
>>
>>64117059
Far Side Virtual, Condo Pets, Sushi, NYC Hell 3:00 AM & Skid Row.

Are there any others?
>>
>>64117173
"b-but Ferraro is a God! he can do no wrong! he makes amazing music" - Marcel
>>
>>64117009
Just tried listening to Far Side Virtual and jesus fuck. There's way too much high end going on there for my ears.
>>
>>64117231
Listen to Night Dolls at least once before casting him out forever
>>
>>64117231
dude, no wonder you hate him. those are his worst albums. he started being shitty once he went hi-fi. his lo-fi material is by far his best.

>are there any others

he has like 250 other albums i'm not even kidding

listen to Last American Hero, Marble Surf, Clear/Discovery, Rerex, and everything else that looks interesting to you in his discog here:

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/james_ferraro

trust me, his lo-fi shit would make you believe it's an entirely different musician. pre-FSV Ferraro is the best.
>>
>>64116917
that Barbie and the Rockers track is pretty dope, not going to lie
>>
https://clyp.it/iwwhvljf
>>
i swear to god everyone i know that's into james ferraro is a white 16 year old that thinks their music taste is better than their classmates who listen to top 40

dean blunt, opn, and james ferraro are all garbage. so is lil ugly mane and three 6 mafia. fucking wigger teenagers listening to memphis hip hop and watch anime all day. i fucking hate these people. they're also into obscure ironic humor but "look down on ironic humor" because it's mainstream

fuck these people so much
>>
>>64117551
>dean blunt and three 6 mafia
agree

>lil ugly mane
ehhhhhh yeah

>opn and james ferraro
absolutely retarded opinion
>>
>>64117551
>white 16 year old that thinks their music taste is better than their classmates who listen to top 40
so... Marcel?
>>
>>64117933
10/10
>>
>>64117933
oh my fucking god
>>
>>64117933
dead
>>
>>64117933
kek
>>
>>64117551

You're still a teenager yourself, aren't you?

No one past their teenage years really gets this emotional about teenagers doing precocious teenage shit; it's a basic fact of life.
>>
>>64117933
>>64117954
>>64117979
>>64118007
>>64118047
samefag
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 800x800
>>64117933
AVANT TEEN DESTROYED

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR PANNING THE ARK WORK FAGGOT
>>
>>64117933
best post i've seen on /mu/ all year
>>
File: folder.jpg (804 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
804 KB, 1000x1000
>>64117231
All of those are absolute shit. Listen to pic related.
>>
>all these people talking shit about ferraro because they listened only to his hi-fi stuff and some even go as far as to compare him to dean " the talentless hack" blunt
>>
>>64123368
his lofi stuff is amazing family, but I also love his hifi stuff, far side virtual is a fave. /mu/ just has shit opinions
>>
>>64123406
i love his hi-fi stuff as well and cant wait for new stuff but his lo-fi is just on another level.
>>
File: damn.jpg (163 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
163 KB, 500x500
this came in my download of that collabo with ferraro, lopatin, and halo
>>
>>64123368
what's his best lo fi thing?

as for hi fi not sure how anyone could fail to appreciate suki girls
>>
>>64116917
This is unironically good and inadvertently as artistically valid as if it had been real. Anyone got a full album?
>>
>>64123466
I think that you should find for yourself because every lofi record is really different and I like everything.
>suki girls
Suki girls is really bland compared to bodyguard,bebetunes,primavera and all the throwaway stuff around 3am which are still accessible as it gets but way more diverse.
>>
>>64116917
>5 Jan 2016
>>
>>64123815
>released in 1987
>>
>>64123829
lol
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (438 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
438 KB, 1600x1200
damn...
>>
>>64117287
>he started being shitty once he went hi-fi.
I can't believe people actually think this. This must be what people who know nothing about music think. His lo fi stuff is incredibly mediocre stuff any one could make without much effort. His hi fi stuff is so much better.
>>
Fuuuuck now I'm in the rabbit hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlVDqZANIFY
>>
>>64127339
>any one could make without much effort
youre the one who has no idea about music and anyway difficulty doesn't equal better you faggot
>>
>>64116917
This is something Sam Mehran (Outer Limits Recordings) could've written and recorded.

>>64123368
>>64123406
>>64123422
My nigs. The lofi stuff is amazing. Hifi is good too. I miss The Skaters tho.

>>64123509
I wish. Soulseek is not helping.
>>
>>64127448
>>
>>64127815
no way you can be this stupid.i found the full album on youtube without even searching for it.
>>
>>64127782
most people that know about music and how to make it are board with hearing lo fi drones and shit that anyone can make. The only ones that aren't are high. There's a reason he grew out of the lo fi stuff, cause he became a better musician.

It's perfectly fine stuff but it's not anything special and there are tons of people making comparable lo fi shits all day.
>>
>>64117231
its all about his Live at Primavera Sound record

i'm not into his other stuff at /all/ but that's one of my all time favorites, its amazing.
>>
File: 1460424728669.gif (1008 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
1460424728669.gif
1008 KB, 500x506
>>64117287
>he has like 250 other albums i'm not even kidding
So I'd have to sift through all the shit to find the two good albums?

no thanks
>>
>>64117551
>they're also into obscure ironic humor but "look down on ironic humor" because it's mainstream

but anon, these are the best people. I would be friends with this person if I knew him.

This person is honestly 100x better than that kid who goes "hey look at this gif! LOL THEY SHOPPED OUT TRUMPS NOSE THATS HILARIOUS ISN4T IT!!!", with which universities are filled to the brim
>>
>>64128032
Once again you prove how retarded you are.James and Spencer are know exactly for how different stuff they make not for making lofi drone "shit" that anyone can make.
And its not only about lofi but how would you know when your head is up your ass.
>>
>>64128135
tons of people that make completely average music are well known. There isn't an argument here. You just don't know about music and are easily impressed.
>>
>>64127953
>listening to it
>on youtube

I'm aware of it, dipshit. I guess you're the fucking retard here.
>>
>>64128164
do you have reading disability?they are famous for their distinct sound.can you share with me some artists who sound like them and did it earlier.
>>
>>64128253
almost every artist has a distinct sound. that speaks nothing to the quality of their music.
>>
>>64128290
>completely average music
>every artist has a distinct sound
wew lad
>>
>>64128311
must be nice to be that stupid.
>>
>>64128371
you know better since youre the one who cant name even one artist who sounds like ferraro and clark because youre the one accusing them of generic lofi drone that everyone can make.
>>
besides Live at Primavera Sound and bodyguard
Ferraro is awful nothing but scrawny white kids like marcel hyping him up.
>>
>>64128445
do you have a reading disability? >>64128290
>almost every artist has a distinct sound. that speaks nothing to the quality of their music.
>>
>>64128723
> are board with hearing lo fi drones and shit that anyone can make
>>
>>64128445
here u go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMwsmam5X4Q
>>
>>64128759
>2010
>nothing close like it
Down syndrome much?
>>
>>64128801
yeah it's better :)
>>
>>64128818
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>64128758
that doesn't preclude his music having a distinct sound and you don't know how to read I guess.
>>
>>64128858
I sleep peacefully knowing my fav Artist has made it :)

Too bad ferraro only fan's are marcel I wonder he's making money. with low sales and hardly no Live shows since everybody kicks him out for being a cokehead :(
>>
>>64128882
>he is the one who makes claims when he cant prove them
>im the one who cant read
WEW
>>
>>64128758
damage control to the max bro you're fucking stupid

he is basically saying James and Spencer's lo-fi sound was a distinct sound but it wasn't anything mind blowing to begin with.

I agree with him. They were creative but the technical skill involved in making their early music wasn't very high. At all. It was mostly experimental fuckery.

James albums since FSV have had clear concepts, ideas, themes, and musical direction. He was experimenting with more of a backdrop to lay it all in front of and orchestrate with. Albums like Sushi and NYC, 3:00AM show case his distinct sound and abilities, but also his musical composition skills and technique.

James Ferraro is anything but shit mate. You're a fucking imbecile if you think he is.
>>
>>64128995
you're the one saying James Ferraro's music is shit without any actual backing behind it. lol fuck what is this a thread full of middle schoolers?
>>
>>64128928
>"making it"matters rather than his music
>implying that marcel doesn't suck dean blunts harder than anyone else and even rating this album before he heard it
dean fans are the worst
>>
>>64128995
you keep asking me to prove things that are explicitly contrary to what I have said because you aren't smart enough to understand when things that seem like contradictions aren't despite their being relatively fucking simple.
>>
>>64129007
thanks for explaining that to him.

and for the record I love James Ferraro.
>>
>>64129079
The world has decided who is the superior Artist. Ferraro is great but his latest albums have been shit. NYC was decent but lacked cohesion
SKID Row is his worst release yet besides Cold

FSV is a masterpiece hopefully he gets his shit together
anyway I'm not a dean fan I love both of them stop being an immature brat
>>
>>64129195
NYC lacks cohesion? Are you kidding me? And Cold is his worst album? Fuck right off mate. You're insane.
>>
>>64129195
>Spencer who?

if you're implying Spencer has moved on to become the more famous musician you're kidding yourself bud. Also, his solo music shares a lot of similarities with Ferraro's, but isn't nearly as well thought out or composed. The only thing I may agree with is Skid Row being pretty bad, but to be fair, I haven't given it nearly as many listens as I have his other albums. You haven't heard enough Ferraro though if you think Cold is his worst. Holy shit. Some of his best hi-fi tracks are FROM Cold and were re-released on Suki Girlz.
>>
>>64129007
>technical skill involved in making their early music wasn't very high
you seems to have no idea what stuff they used do you?
>James albums since FSV have had clear concepts, ideas, themes, and musical direction
because his earlier stuff didn't?!??!
>James Ferraro is anything but shit mate
Where did i said that he is shit?
>>64129040
do you even know to who you reply...where did i said that his music is shit?
>>
>>64129195
Yeah i guess top 40 and the most sold music is the best since "the world has decided".
>fsv
damn youre turbopleb
>>
File: ss1.jpg (75 KB, 877x209) Image search: [Google]
ss1.jpg
75 KB, 877x209
>>64129309
where did I mention Spencer?????????????

>hi-fi
lmao do you even know what that word means?

nah I've listen to him loads

>>64129372
>taking the word pleb serious
hello 16 year old!
>>
>>64129414
t. pleb
>>
>>64129337
I've listened to over 30 James Ferraro albums. I know what they used to do as The Skaters and I know what James used to do on his earlier albums. A lot of it was sampling, first and foremost, and most of it was experimentation. Yes, albums like Last American Hero, Night Dolls, and Cruisin The Night Biker Strip had some nice guitar riffs on them, but his forte is certainly not guitar. It's song composition and arrangement, as has been recently displayed in later albums like FSV, NYC HELL 3:00AM, Sushi and Cold. The guy is creative as hell, and extremely original in his arrangements. No one accomplishes what Ferraro does, not even Blunt. I honestly feel like Dean Blunt has fallen off ever since he stopped doing Hype Williams. BBF was really nothing special in my mind.

>>64129372
What the fuck is turbopleb about liking FSV? It literally is his best album. That's pretty much commonly agreed upon. Even by people who enjoy his earlier stuff like Edward Flex or iAsia. There is NOTHING else like it in the world, and it's extremely well composed and expresses the ideas of consumerism to a tee.

Get out of here with your buzzwords you pre-teen.
>>
>>64129414
Yes I know what hi-fi means, and ever since FSV he's been making hi-fi music as opposed to lo-fi tape warbling analog static noise infested drone and rock music.

There is a clear and very blatant contrast to his music before and after FSV.
>>
>>64129487
>I honestly feel like Dean Blunt has fallen off ever since he stopped doing Hype Williams
I agree his solo stuff IMO has been his sellout "albums". He knows exactly what he's doing to get the art scene to like him.
>>64129516
It's called digital not hi-fi
kys
>>
>>64129487
>I've listened to over 30 James Ferraro albums
WOW!Like it means anything.
>A lot of it was sampling, first and foremost, and most of it was experimentation
You could easily find out what equipment they used but nah you continue with your blabbering of course they used some experimentation but that was way earlier.Please read before post.
>What the fuck is turbopleb about liking FSV? It literally is his best album. That's pretty much commonly agreed upon. Even by people who enjoy his earlier stuff like Edward Flex or iAsia. There is NOTHING else like it in the world, and it's extremely well composed and expresses the ideas of consumerism to a tee.
Yeah sure thing I've never seen someone who legit likes his lo-fi stuff to think fsv is better and even less his best album.
>>
>>64129117
youre the one who equals difficulty with quality.
>>
>>64129601
I know its digital and not analog but it's not low fidelity either, it's hi fidelity. He reproduces the sounds he wants to a closer frequency resonance of what he wants to convey than could be done previously.

Stop being a pretentious ass hat and arguing semantics. I know what the fuck hi-fi means.

>>64129691
I'm finished arguing with you, you're not even bringing any fucking good points to the table. You're a fucking drone kid.
>>
>>64117260
I know what you mean. Funny thing is, I always say the same thing about Animal Collective. Pretty much all their stuff hurts my ears when listening on headphones.
>>
>>64129487
Agreed about dean blunt. Black metal was cool though, but none of his stuff compares to his work with inga copeland
>>
>>64129866
>i refuted all his points
>im not bringing anything
>>
>>64117260
what, are you listening to a 192kb/s rip?
>>
>>64117551
Now Oneohtrix Point Never is garbage? Am I being baited?
>>
>>64129902
You didn't refute shit. You disregarded every single fucking point and argued semantics. It doesn't matter what equipment they used, MUSICALLY, they weren't that technical. They were EXPERIMENTING with twiddling knobs and sampling while playing guitar over it on tape. You're just sitting here telling me what other people think and how I should feel about that instead of actually bringing anything to the table.

How about you explain to me what makes hi later albums such shit rather than saying "they're just shit"? I already explained why I think he's matured as a MUSICIAN from his lo-fi days. Refute THAT point mein neger and maybe I won't view you as a pedantic piece of shit.
>>
>>64129997
>experimenting even though they were looking for a specific sound for their concepts and said themselves that they don't have time to experiment
>You're just sitting here telling me what other people think and how I should feel about that instead of actually bringing anything to the table.
You know how they made the music better than themselves?
>How about you explain to me what makes hi later albums such shit rather than saying "they're just shit"? I already explained why I think he's matured as a MUSICIAN from his lo-fi days. Refute THAT point mein neger and maybe I won't view you as a pedantic piece of shit.
Once again you talk about things i've never said.I just said that his lofi sound is way better and thats because he actually tried to be more creative than now which is just concepts without any real musical quality.
>>
>>64130232
>without any real musical quality
Because albums like iAsia, Pixarnia, Dreams, Marble Surf all had more musical quality than his more recent albums which include midi orchestral arrangements, field recordings incorporated into the music, vocals, percussion, and entire musical arrangements as a whole?

He tried to be more creative? He wasn't any more or less creative than he was back then.

And they had to experiment to find sounds for their concepts, I don't know where you're pulling this stuff from. Most likely your ass. You really need to learn how to form an argument my friend.
>>
100% sure it's james himself in this thread. defending his horrible hi-fi shit
james go back to lo fi already
>>
>>64130363
I've moved on from sampling old 80's and 90's shit and playing music over it. I want to express myself with my own music now.
>>
>>64130363
hipsters are the complete worst.

I swear 90% of what hipsters care about is having their music sound fucked up and dirty and lo fi. You can make any boring shit and as long as you record it really shitty some hipster will like it.

This is why everyone here hates the beatles but loves every Elephant 6 jackass that pretends to be them with a cassette deck.

>>64130391
We are proud of you man. You are doing the right thing.
>>
>>64130321
>midi orchestral arrangements, field recordings incorporated into the music, vocals, percussion, and entire musical arrangements as a whole?
Quality over quantity but it seems like its really hard for you to get it...And the old albums were enough complex just its hard to hear because of the lofi.His music today is way more limited with only focusing on certain genres.
>>
>>64130432
I like the beatles and I still think his hi fi stuff is garbage
stop projection because I disagree with you.
>>
>>64130451
>Quality over quantity
How ironic you should say this considering he has like maybe 7 digital albums and 50+ lo-fi albums you filthy degenerate.

His music today isn't at all limited, what are you talking about? His music back in the day was lo-fi drone/ambient or rock. Today, it's RnB/hip-hop/experimental/techno/whateverthefuck

Literally nothing has changed about his creative process. He still focuses on concepts and ideas behind his music, he just makes higher quality sounding music. Literally higher quality sounding music. Whether it's better or not is completely subjective. This is why I don't get what the fuck you're arguing. He has definitely matured as a MUSICIAN man. Whether you like his new stuff more or not is irrelevant to the fact that he has progressed into a better musician. His arrangements and compositions have become more complex. A lot of his older stuff was looped samples with tons of effects and droning guitar riffs or just collages of sound.
>>
>>64130884
By the way, this is coming from someone whose favorite James Ferraro album is Edward Flex Presents: Do You Believe in Hawaii.

However, I take his old stuff for what it usually was. Drone and ambient. It takes a certain skill, but musically? It's not about compositions or song structures or melodies or anything like that. It's about creating an interesting soundscape and atmosphere, which James is GREAT at doing, which is why his newer stuff is better to me because he incorporates his ambient ability WITH his musical ability to the fullest.
>>
>>64117231
his output under the name "Nirvana" is actually pretty coll
>>
>>64130884
I can literally say the same thing for dean blunt
>>
James, if this is you ITT, are you going to collab again with Sam from OLR?
>>
File: babyfather.jpg (174 KB, 970x550) Image search: [Google]
babyfather.jpg
174 KB, 970x550
>>64130967
no, because dean's best love albums are still just looped samples and bullshit.
>>
>>64131001
Sam needs to come out of hiding ASAP

What's he been up to?
>>
>>64131001
yesssss

has Sam done anything since I Kontact?
>>
>>64131023
Just like SKID ROW!
>>
>>64130967
>>64131023
it's fucking ironic too cause Dean is someone where you would actually be right to argue that his lofi stuff was more musical and shit. He used to make basically lofi techno dub now he does literal performance art like>>64131023

of course his performance art is better than his lo fi dub music ever was, so he has grown too, even if it's less musical.
>>
File: pas_july29_btm_4544.jpg (33 KB, 400x532) Image search: [Google]
pas_july29_btm_4544.jpg
33 KB, 400x532
>thread about ferraro
>everyone talking about how ferraro is only for 16 year olds
>tfw saw skaters in 05
>marcel would've been 5

feels old man
>>
>>64130967
Uh. No, no you can't. Maybe on Black Metal, but even then it was mostly sampled. I feel Dean was experimenting most with Hype Williams but tends to focus mainly on a hip-hop aspect in his solo works.
>>
>>64131104
Anyone who genuinely believes Ferraro is for 16 year olds is probably a 16 year old themselves.
>>
>>64131112
>Today, it's RnB/hip-hop/experimental/techno/whateverthefuck
How does that not describe dean blunt's solo stuff
>>
>>64130884
>50+ lo-fi albums
but they were actually really different one from other and he had waay more room for creativity back then.
>matured as a MUSICIAN man
>started doing "experimental" rnb/hiphop/rock and ringtones
YeAh
>His arrangements and compositions have become more complex
Not really.There is pretty much no difference and that doesn't matter like i told you already.
>>
>>64131101
Skid Row is similar in subject matter which only serves in this case to showcase how much more of a musician than Dean he is seeing as it's leagues better
>>
>>64131217
nah m8 skid row is barely better than the narcissist II
nyc,hell I'll give you that, but SKID ROW was horrible. he was still rehashing that stupid OJ scene he ranted about in that mini documentary he did driving around LA
>>
>>64131157
I don't know why you keep coming back to Dean Blunt. There isn't a comparison between him and James Ferraro. At all. Stop trying to make one.

>>64131190
You're right, they were actually different from one another. So are his more recent albums. If you're telling me Sushi and Cold sound exactly the same, you're deaf. If you're telling me Far Side Virtual and Silica Gel sound the same, you're deaf. If you're telling me Skid Row and War sound the same, YOU'RE DEAF.

Quit demeaning his newer work just because it isn't up to your standards of what you think James Ferraro should be doing. It's still good stuff, objectively, and it's still innovative and very creative. Perhaps it's not as whimsical or full of joy and happiness or spontaneity but I think that's the point. He's moved on to other things. It doesn't mean he's bad now.
>>
by the way i will just leave this here.

https://tnh.me/54b04f3f5ccacf645a78641b

wish James would actually continue with something of this caliber. This is the only track I've found he did like this.
>>
File: sam-mehran.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
sam-mehran.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
>>64131086
I really want to hear more music from him and not the droney lo-fi rock kind which I kinda like but I still want to see actual songs like OLR.

He should have blew up like Ariel Pink or Dev Hynes.
>>
>>64131295
because they're both the same :)
but you're too busy being a pretentious hipster and like the lesser known artist instead
gotta be counter culture right kid :)
>>
>>64131268
Skid Row is better than NYC, and I say that as someone who loves the shit out of NYC. NYC is more feelsy and stuff but as a whole cohesive art piece Skid Row is better.

It was obviously timed to be released with the American Crime Story OJ Trial series.
>>
>>64117933

The fact you're all impressed with this post is fucking pathetic.

Anybody with an IQ above 40 knows how irrelevant and beige marcel is, ffs.
>>
>>64131370
yeah, I really wish he got big. He deserves it. He is one of my favorites

Julie is my favorite song ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ia1mI1wuPM
>>
>>64131380
Dean Blunt and James Ferraro are in no way the same. But yeah, I'm the one being contrarian here. Okay. Whatever you say kid.
>>
>>64131295
They dont need to be exactly the same i just meant that they are in the same vein and have way similar sounds compared to his lofi stuff.His new stuff is more whimsical spontaneity but you somehow miss it.
>>64131380
fuck off dean is talentless hack
>>
>>64131449
nope you're just being a Pretentious hipster :)

>>64131469
Just like ferraro
>>
>>64131027
>>64131086
Well, he released two OLR compilations three years ago and Wingdings' Symbol of Infinity on vinyl in 2014.

Also this PC Music inspired album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfeXeV9bXz4

Other than that, no. He was probably abducted by aliens again.
>>
>>64131432
At first I didn't think I was going to dig this song, but it's totally great. I'd heard a couple songs by him before, but not really delved into him like I did James.

Certainly will be checking out more of his stuff now.
>>
>>64131432
Singles, Demos & Rarities is definitely my favorite OLR release. We can still hope makes it one day.

Burnin Through The Nite is my fav from him btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hh8FdIWYng
>>
>>64131482
Nah ferraro actually have talent
>>
>>64131547
whatever helps you sleep a night :)
>>
>>64131469
I don't think their sounds are similar at all to be honest other than having both toyed with lo-fi. I guess I can kinda see the comparison slightly, but to say they're exactly the same, or the same in any way is a little silly in my opinion.

>>64131482
If me forming better arguments for my case than you're doing for yours makes me a pretentious hipster, then I will gladly be one.
>>
>>64131587
of course James Ferraro likes him. thats cause he doesnt have a james ferraro in his life he can listen to instead.
>>
File: IMG_8278-2.jpg (187 KB, 860x573) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8278-2.jpg
187 KB, 860x573
>>64131508
https://vimeo.com/20929250
Here's a another thing he did with Zak Mering
>>
>>64131587
Him liking Dean Blunt proves James is a talentless hack? Where is the logic in that?
>>
>>64131650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymVbayWVGMw
>>
>>64131370
You know Sam and dev were in test icicles together right
>>
>>64131641
his new stuff is more similiar to one another than his lofi stuff and you can hear it both by the structures,sounds and concepts while with his lofi every record is completely different.
>>64131587
just because he pretends to like him doesn't mean anything.and you worship personalities once again like the faggot youre.
>>
>>64131703
When I heard about this collab I was really stoked.

Then it happened. And I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Also, notice James is the one playing piano while Dean raps/sings?

Hmmm curious.
>>
>>64131777
Yeah, I still need to listen to that Test icicles LP
>>
>>64131830
dean was on piano(Fender Rhodes '66) also and he was played bass guitar in a band prior to HW :)
curious Indeed!
>>
>>64131793
You make a lot of assumptions bro. You probably shouldn't do that. Also, you should drop your preconceived notions about a lot of shit because it makes you come across as a total ass hat.

And no, not every single album of his lo-fi stuff is "completely different from one another". You're lying to yourself with that one. Last American Hero, Nightdolls, On Air....those all sound completely different from one another? You arguments are the weakest I've ever heard bro. You just state things as if they're fact and expect your points not to be refuted. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. A lot of his stuff was in a very similar style even in the days of lo-fi.
>>
>>64131855
Ah, I just started hearing the rhodes. Anyway, I'm tired of debating who the better artist is because it really doesn't matter anyway and really isn't relevant to a thread about Ferraro.

Dean Blunt does his thing, James does his. They have different styles. To say they're the same is silly.
>>
>>64131830
here's dean playing bass here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ06Q_cdYpY
>>
>>64131935
You don't have to prove his musicianship to me, I never said he was a shit musician or a talentless hack. Just that I'm not really into him as much as Ferraro.
>>
>>64131866
both of these 3 albums have different concepts and sound completely different(unless you can prove it of course).just because they use guitars means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>64132238
They have different concepts but they don't "sound completely different". They sound no more the same or different than anything he's released in recent years.

Just because he's using electronic percussion and synths means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>64132238
>both of these 3

8m tow u
>>
>>64132509
They have completely different structures and sounds and even mastering.His new stuff is like i said already just staying in genres and he doesn't really tries to move outside them(with the exception of primavera but thats not even a album)
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.