[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did nu metal really kill off mainstream rock permanently?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1460306312446.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460306312446.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
Did nu metal really kill off mainstream rock permanently?
>>
No, """""indie"""""" pop did. Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, 21 Pilots, etc.
>>
Probably.
>>
>>64113314
rock is just a limiting genre as far as soundscapes go
limited instrumentally and sound wise

You have pretty boy rock acts now just as u did with hair metal in the 80s

most "good rock" was never that popular

mainstream charts like good singers, well produced soundscapes and dope beats
>>
Nu metal really isn't _that_ bad, is it?
>>
>>64113314

It certainly killed the guitar solo, but that's not really a "mainstream" feature of rock in the first place.
>>
>>64113314
Lol my so's family was playing Disturbed during dinner.
>>
>>64114978
Do they live in a trailer and have facial piercings?
>>
>>64114978
>playing music during dinner
anon are they savages?
>>
Yes, but not alone, it had a little help from Post Grunge.
>>
No, it was shitty vanilla indie that did it.
>>
Is that man's head birthing from a lady's berginga?
>>
>>64113826
there was a few gems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsbNGEawhuQ
>>64118993
>>64113497
even though those bands are watered down the hill I agree with you
>>64113573
best post but I disagree with the soundscape
>>
indie > nu-metal > post-grunge
>>
>>64113314
First the kids start with shitty nu metal and then they listen to trashy metal like avenged sevenfold, 5 finger death punch or sabaton. Im not a 80s worshipping metalhead but most of modern metal is crap.
>>
>>64122898
>most modern metal is crap

Fuck me, have none of you people listened to Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Whitechapel, new Slayer etc? That's some top quality metal, you just aren't looking hard enough
>>
>>64123423
That is some really weak trolling, my friend.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.