[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nochella #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: nochella2016.jpg (268 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
nochella2016.jpg
268 KB, 1024x768
We are planning our own MUSIC festival. This is a MUSIC thread.

So far, we've determined that Nochella should lie in an abandoned factory within a city.

There will be a strict no-phone policy, and there will be no internet connection within the venue confines.

Interior decorations should be minimal, though MUSICians may (this has yet to be debated, but I don't anticipate much resistance) use projectors and other forms of multimedia during their performance(s).

Nochella will cater to the avant-garde and experimental crowds. Tickets will be inexpensive, no greater than 10 dollars. Well-renowned MUSICians will be drawn towards Nochella because of the dedicated audience it attracts, while smaller MUSICians will be drawn because it presents opportunities for immediate criticism and networking.

All that said, there is still much to be discussed.

What MUSICians do YOU want to see at Nochella?
In what city do you want it?
>>
Unty the threads are getting deleted. Seems like the mods are a bunch of Coachella fags...
As for the artists, i think the place, the atmosphere and the way things are done ther really atracts the Drone fans. I'm pretty sure Sunn O)) is a must there
>>
us true fans amirite
>>
Great. Nice.

Loving the idea.

I'm thinking, let's put a stage for genre-bending culture pushers. Big ballers. Guy's like Kanye West.

Get the youth in touch, you dig?
>>
>>64111909
lets get the wiggles
>>
File: 1460615034081.jpg (53 KB, 816x812) Image search: [Google]
1460615034081.jpg
53 KB, 816x812
>deleting unty threads FOR FREE
>>
>>64111820
It's a petty janitor. These are music threads, so he's no grounds to ban me. The worst he can do it give me a brief post-block and delete threads.

>Drone
>Sunn O))
Of course, although as I understand they employ a ridiculous sound system for their live performances.

>>64111878
>>64111909
>>64111939
I strongly encourage you all to leave. You contribute nothing to the dialogue. You're clearly no enamored with idea and perhaps even find it offensive.

Get out.
>>
>>64112008
>I understand they employ a ridiculous sound system for their live performances
yea when i saw them they had huge fucking outdoor PA bins inside the venue
>>
This is actually a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>64112008
as cool an idea as this is how are we actually going to coordinate it?
>>
Yall know Unty wants you in one place so he can murder you?
>>
>>64112008
gonna stay and watch thanks much
>>
File: 1446879010224.jpg (23 KB, 716x724) Image search: [Google]
1446879010224.jpg
23 KB, 716x724
>>64112008
>I strongly encourage you all to leave. You contribute nothing to the dialogue. You're clearly no enamored with idea and perhaps even find it offensive.

What is there to contribute?
>>
>>64112069
First we need to establish a base of operations. I think a simple discord channel will suffice for now.

Honestly beyond that I've no idea for how we'd collect the resources and musicians and pull such a thing off, but that's the purpose of these threads.

>>64112166
A honeypot of degeneracy already exists and it's called Coachella.
>>
>>64112191
Are you good at anything?
>>
>>64112215
>A honeypot of degeneracy already exists and it's called Coachella.

What's so different about your honeypot of degeneracy
>>
>>64112247
I may not be a master ideas man such as yourself but I do know about abandoned buildings not having the electrical infrastructure for a concert venue
>>
Useful link from the previous thread:
https://company.ticketscript.com/uk/all/how-to-host-your-own-music-festival-2/

>>64112261
Nochella does not tolerate drugs, or alcohol, or sex. People will be prohibited from using their phones on performance grounds.

In what sense is it a honeypot of degeneracy?
>>
>>64112332
What makes drugs, alcohol, sex, or phones degeneracy?

Who are you to decide what is degenerate?
>>
nochella discord!

https://discord.gg/0wM8xS72AFnh7u1D
>>
>>64112332
>no drugs sex and alcohol
>listening to music influenced and created by drugs sex and alcohol

shiggy
>>
>>64112326
If people can use warehouses for raves, we can find a building suitable for our needs.

>>64112371
>>64112408
Our discourse ends here. I'm privy to your desires. You will not poison this thread with your moral-relativistic rhetoric that is in no sense related to this discussion.
>>
>>64112459
Hasn't anyone ever told you quentinposting got old real fast or are you really that fresh off the boat from reddit
>>
>>64112332
>Nochella does not tolerate drugs, or alcohol, or sex.

unty i mostly agree but unless you allow one of these (i vote alcohol), people will assume it's an sXe event
>>
Neat idea.

I'm sure finding a location to hold this event won't be an issue, whereas the funds could either be collected from a /mu/ indiegogo or fundraiser of some kind.

As far as getting performers, the Bandcamp and Soundcloud guys would be great to ask for but this is all small scale stuff. If you're expecting big name artists to show up then I really wish you the best of luck because I'm sure it won't be easy.
>>
so are you just salty that you cant go to cochella or what
>>
>>64112526
My rhetoric is informed with the tumultuous volumes that inform my soul. Posting is an extension of oneself, an art form. I will not compromise on this matter.

>>64112561
Why should Nochella allow alcohol?
>>
>>64112660
it seems like the tamest out of the three. not everyone has to get black out drunk but with drugs it's a given. aaand it's legal so less risk
>>
>>64112660
>if I use big words maybe everything I say will have more impact

see

>are you really that fresh off the boat from reddit
>>
>>64112701
Do noise shows, drone shows, free folk shows and all else that you'd expect at Nochella routinely offer alcohol?
>>
Book /mu/ meme bands like Install a Friend, Hanging Dong, and He Gibs Me Dat
>>
>>64112814
there is a difference between allowing and offering, though.

my point was if you forbid exactly alcohol, drugs and casual sex, people will have good reasons to associate Nochella with sXe
>>
Invite Sargon of Akkad desu.
>>
>>64113016
send him this link >>64112406 so we can discuss it!
>>
Can we get Time Machine Modulus to make an appearance?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
>>
People seem to have misconceptions concerning Nochella and where it is along the planning phase.

Let me be clear: I have no idea what I'm doing.

Nochella was borne in my disgust with Coachella. I'm not good at managing responsibilities, networking, communicating ideas or terms with artists, or leadership.

I do not know where Nochella will be. I do not know what musicians will participate. I do not know when it will be.
>>
>>64113142
Seems like you don't have much figured out bb
Might want to get on that
>>
There's a event in Toronto called Unsound that is run out of an old generating station that has this vibe. This year Sunn O))) are headlining night 1 and Tim Hecker is headlining night 2. Mostly experimental electronic stuff.
https://luminatofestival.com/festival/2016/Unsound-Toronto
>>
>>64113142
Can I have a time slot f4m?
>>
>>64113183
>get on that
That's why I've called people here.

Something of this scale is too grand for one person to organize.
>>
>>64113142
>Let me be clear: I have no idea what I'm doing.

You dont say
>>
Yes. Perfect.

You know what, this seems like the perfect place to see someone like Kanye West.

Just give Kanye West a buzz. Give him a run-down of the event, let him know the vibe.

I'd really, really enjoy seeing Kanye West here.
>>
>>64113357
He'd probably jump at the opportunity since he got snubbed at Coachella
>>
>>64113197
That looks like a pretty decent festival

I'd rather go to that then OP's straight edge edgeathon
>>
I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed right now.

If you could all stop bombarding me with questions when Nochella is merely in its early conceptions stages, I'd appreciate it.
>>
Great.

Love this kinda thing, this sorta jazz. Love it.

I'll tell you what I'm not digging, though, and that's the negativity.

What's with all the 'no's, fella? I'm all about Yes-chella.
>>
>>64113520
>Nochella is merely in its early conceptions stages

Where it will stay indefinitely because you're incompetent
>>
>>64113520
>proposes idea
>gets overwhelmed when people ask questions

this isn't for you to run
>>
>>64111683
May I preform at this fest
>>
>>64113640
Lets do Oasis covers

shotgun being Noel
>>
>>64113520
Unty, you fucking tard, if you can't handle questions on fucking 4chan wait until you get to the actual thing.

I'll run this shit my man.
I have experience running concerts, shitposting aside
>>
>>64113569
I'd just like you to confirm that your argument is that I'm incompetent because I cannot, while investing time in final exams and projects, music and my own solo hobbies, by myself organize a music festival.

That's what you're saying right now.

>>64113625
When people are asking if bands X and Y can play when that's ultimately not for me to decide yes I feel overwhelmed.
>>
>>64113625
what's the name of that contemporary australian psych pop dude, sounds kinda like algernon calderwaller. Might not be australian? has a video in a swamp with yellow shit on his face? I'm not dreaming this, I'm going crazy, you're the only people that can help me
>>
Will there will be any...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................girls????
>>
>>64113696
You need to get the fuck out of my thread right now.

You can not play at Nochella. You can not enter Nochella.

Nochella is a response to the existence of things like you and, I hope, will briefly purge from my mind the stench of your rancid existence.
>>
>>64113756
If there were they'd would all die within a half hour due to unty pushing them off a balcony.
>>
>>64113708
>When people are asking if bands X and Y can play when that's ultimately not for me to decide yes I feel overwhelmed.

People asking questions on an internet board will be the least stressful part of organizing something like this, if it comes to fruition.

>>64113750
I have no idea. What are the lyrics to his songs?
>>
>>64113708
>I'd just like you to confirm that your argument is that I'm incompetent because I cannot, while investing time in final exams and projects, music and my own solo hobbies, by myself organize a music festival.

With that attitude towards time management and what to prioritize you're only reinforcing that you're incompetent

>lets start a music festival
>but I cant plan all of it because school is hard and I need time to shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>64112332
>you can't fuck at my festival
What if the song moves you to fuck?
>>
This was a cool idea until Unty fucked it up with his autism
>>
>>64113780
I will enter Nochella and I will play the most avant music you have ever heard. Mark my words boi. I will invade with my army of skype users and facebook pals and we will play music that would make the antics of gg allin and the music of coil shake to the ground.
Mark. My. Fucking. Words.

You think you can just banish me from your """"music fest""""" think again, bitch. I will violate this fest like Jimmy Hendix violated the national anthem at woodstock and like GG Allin violated his own shit on stage.
It will be fucking mega.
>>
File: 12557865776761.gif (547 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
12557865776761.gif
547 KB, 250x250
>the place were this """event""" takes place will be free
>the bands will play for free
>charge 10 bucks anyway
>people will fall for this scam.
>>
>>64113520
>he literally gets overwhelmed by questions on the Internet
Lmao you fucking aspie
>>
>>64113861
The audience will be subject to the whims of the performer, to an extent.

Musicians whose music aims to imbue primal, and/or sensual attributes will perform in sex-designated rooms.

>>64113927
You're a disinterested, insincere meme-mongerer because of which I know you will do nothing of the sort.

Know that this is my final reply to know and beyond this point you're being ignored.
>>
I am announcing the Montiefest, taking place wherever Unty is holding his fest.
We will play nothing but /mu/core and because it is a public statement it will become avant garde like John Cage.
>>
Good lord none of you have ever thrown a gig in your life have you?
>>
>>64113989
God why the fuck do people hate Montie so much when literal autists like Unty are on this board?
>>
>>64114028
have you

?
>>
>>64113934
We've already selected a warehouse to potentially host the festival in. We'd need to pay to occupy it, in addition to electricity and whatever needs may surface. Further, the musicians we host may want some degree of compensation for travel.
>>
>>64114043
host a bake sale
>>
>>64113970
>sex-designated rooms.
>>
>>64114028
Have you?

If so, that's a talent I appreciate and I'd consider admitting you to the Nochella base of operations so you can become one of our officers coordinating the event and determining its location and rules.

>>64114076
I'm answering questions to the best of my present ability.
>>
>>64114043
>the musicians we host may want some degree of compensation for travel.
>may
>>
>>64114076
>Sex designated rooms

fucking hell
>>
File: Mademoiselle Nobs.gif (2 MB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
Mademoiselle Nobs.gif
2 MB, 500x288
If you can't get a dog to perform then your festival is objectively plebeian and you should toss yourself off the roof of whatever shithole factory you try to run this gig in.
>>
>>64114155
Dude this dog is very avant garde, let him in.
>>
>>64114099
We're considering hosting the event in Brooklyn, where I imagine there are a wealth of smaller artists willing and to travel the short distance to play live in front of our eager audience and network with more well-known musicians, all for free.

So yes: "May."
>>
>>64114095
I'd perform at your concert on the sole condition that I was compensated for travel
And that you allowed me to bring Montie along for any live goat fucking that may occur
>>
Can I perform my three hour Javanese gamelan piece at Nochella?
>>
File: cover.jpg (256 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
256 KB, 600x600
>>64111683
You should try to get The Mummies. What you describe fits their aesthetic pretty well. Also they have reformed recently and I even think you can book them for stuff.
>implying this is actually happening
>>
>>64114209
This. I will be involved in any goat fucking. It will be very very avant garde and we will make Oasis songs avant.

also I am avbout to check my email
>>
>>64114207
>wanting small bands will travel and play for free
Disgusting
>>
the only act will be unity yelling reeeeee while montie performs Wonderwall backwards with a broken cello desu
>>
Should I make all musicians that want to perform submit a formal declaration of intent so I can make an assessment of their artistic integrity and ensure that the hallowed Nochella stage will not be made a mockery?

I think that's a fair solution.
>>
>>64112332
>Nochella does not tolerate drugs, or alcohol, or sex

So its a lame festival? Experimental crowds love drugs as do many experimental musicians. You may as well just call your Nochella a religious music festival, I hear Faith +1 is touring, maybe you could get them ;)

>>64114249
Lets do Oasis meets Beefheart

'AFTERRR ALLLLLL YOUR MY VETERANSS DAY POPPPYYYYYY'
>>
>>64114305
I sign my intent right now.
I have much musical talent, I am very avant industrial and I can scream and shit myself and fuck a goat all over the stage just to prove it
>>
>>64114298
I specifically mentioned local bands, bands that are within the same fucking city as the venue.
>>
>>64114305
Can Time Machine modulus play?

Are you triggered mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>64114305
>Nochella stage will not be made a mockery

It's already too late for that
>>
>>64114305
>submit a formal declaration of intent
this will be the least festive festival on the planet
>>
>>64114305
>>64114343
is your festival LGBTQI+ friendly? will you have a diverse array of artists on all of the gender spectrum? will you have PoC artists at a same amount as white artists, if not more? Will you supply gender neutral bathrooms?
>>
>>64114042
>>64114095
I have, yeah. Few house shows and a couple club nights. I also organise my own band's shows.

I don't really have time to be involved (thanks though) and also I live in Australia, but even getting a performance space is gonna be a lot more work than you think.
>>
File: Anime Swag.gif (1008 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Anime Swag.gif
1008 KB, 500x376
Hey unty reply to this post or your venue gets torched.
>>
>>64114305
I'd like to declare my intent to perform, I am very avant and have an entire catalogue of memexperimental music for you to check out if you'd wish
Fly me to New York from Phoenix and I'm down
>>
>>64114343
Even if travel costs are exempt it's still exceptionally shitty to expect a probably already struggling to band to play and not get paid.
>>
>>64114405
>People curiously turn up to the nochella shindig
>Get there
>Aspbergers neckbeard unty takes the stage and starts yelling at crowd for using phones
>Phones record unty meltdown
>Goes viral on youtube
>????
>>
>>64114335
hi fake montie, pls leave faget ty from reel montie
>>
If you don't reply to this post you will die in 2016
>>
Few tips;

1. Make sure the council won't shut your shit down, get appropriate permits if it's not a regular performance space.

2. Make it known that it's a highly DIY festival. You're not gonna get anyone except lower tier bands if it's your first shot at throwing something like this. If you can't pay bands a proper fee, you need to be upfront about it and make sure they at least have a good rider.

3. Make sure your sound guy/gal isn't a fucking hack.

4. Don't approach bands before all of your shit is sorted. Hire your own backline, it's borderline impossible to curate a shared backline for a gig with more than five or so bands.

5. Try hard to maintain an even gender ratio. You don't have to slather on the SJW stuff, but it genuinely makes for a better gig and more people feel included. There is no downside to this, there'll be artist diversity (nothing worse than a samey festival) and it's very little effort.
>>
>>64114560
Shit
>>
I feel as though people are deliberately conspiring to waste my time and frustrate me, so from this point on I'm not going to entertain inquires that are anything less 100% sincere.

If you're asking me a question, I want to know the underlying motivating for the inquiry, and the various choices may impact Nochella.

You people are wasting my time and I'm fucking sick of it.
>>
File: laSszNP.jpg (22 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
laSszNP.jpg
22 KB, 500x349
What's the dress policy at Nochella like?

Pic related is my usual fit
>>
>>64114560
not chancing it
>>
>>64114595
Will you pay for airfare
Intent: I would perform because I'm an idiot and my love of memexperimental music must be shared
>>
>>64114595
You should just hand the idea over to Montie. You wont be able to cope if shitposters on /mu/ frustrate you
>>
>>64114676
this, if something as simple as replying to people on 4chan overwhelms you this festival has no chance
>>
>>64114595
>people are deliberately conspiring to waste my time and frustrate me
Except >>64114590 is actually making really good points.
>>
>>64114674
Would I like to pay for airfare if it meant more musicians could perform: Sure.

Do I know if I've the means to pay for your airfare at the moment: No.

See this post. It is very informative, for both of us: >>64114590.

Nochella is in its early conception. I've yet to elect officers to the presiding staff, so naturally there are countless decisions left to be made. Once we've determined how much we'll charge for each entry and have a rough estimate for occupying the warehouse for the festival's duration, I can begin answering questions like this.

For now, it is best that you simply keep Nochella in the back of your mind or if compelled you may even present the case that I elect you to the presiding officers, where you input will truly possess weight.
>>
>>64114495
kys>>64114448
I shall preform with you
>>
>>64114790
Another question
Can I bring montie or a goat or possibly both
It's for my act
>>
>>64114790
Will you have gender and racial quotas for the presiding staff?

Intent: To determine and ensure the festival is run with equality in mind and that it is inclusive and friendly for all
>>
>>64114816
kys moor like new oasis song haha little baby
>>
detroit, faggot.
>>
>>64114816
Montie reply to my email so we can get montie's market made
>>
>>64114676
You don't understand. Montie's musical inclinations are in direct conflict with Nochella's mission statement, and that I can say that when Nochella's mission statement is a wholly undefined mess informs you of the extent which he is the antithesis of this festival.

Montie's taste is among the most pedestrian I've seen on this board. He probably uses spotify. Nochella and whatever Montie aspires to host would never be the same thing. Montie is not interested in the avant-garde and obscure. He, and his fucking "poseur" meme, aims to scoff and deems our tastes exercises of insincerity.

Montie could never host Nochella.

>>64114839
See above.

>>64114842
No.
>>
>>64114790
Dude, I need to know. Is your intent to actually get big bands like Sunn O))) to play this thing?

I don't want to crush you but I really need to level with you here; that won't happen. It just can't. It's unfeasible. What you CAN do is put on a smallish show with a bunch of local artists (do you have much knowledge about your local scene?) and /mu/ artists. It could be cool. But there is absolutely no way you can achieve what you seem to be describing considering you don't have any grounding in events at all. I've been putting on shit for years and the absolute closest I ever got when I had all these wild ideas was Andrew Jackson Jihad playing at my house for like ten minutes.
>>
>>64114964
I recognize the limitations of first establishing a festival. I understand getting well-known musicians like Sunn O))) is not a real possibility.

Thank you, though. This post and your previous have been appreciated contributions.
>>
>>64114954
Will you stream the event?
>>
>>64114954
Montie has a thicker skin than you which is way more important
Also fuck you montie is the key to all this if you take out montie from my act then the whole act falls apart who will the goat fuck then?
>>
Are you gonna hire bouncers/security for crowd control? Or is it a kind of "every man for himself" situation?
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 1221x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 1221x935
>be at some obscure festival
>no one is enjoying it
>call a cab home
>unity comes up to you and stares at you furiously while exhaling that you have to put the phone away

What do you do?
>>
>>64114954
>I use Spotify

Lol no, I don't. I hater music streaming.

>Pedestrian taste

I listen to music that I think is interesting and I listen to basically everything. I dont pigonhole myself. I have listened to almost all the /poseurcore/ albums and I like some of them.

I just hate people like you who have a aura of being better than everyone else because you listen to more avant garde music. You know what, fuck you and your bullshit. You give the music you listen to a bad name.
I know I shitpost a lot but you just act like a fucking cunt to everyone and it really proves the whole point I was trying to make with the poseurcore meme.
You listen to music that you like and enjoy and you don't act like listening to weird artists is something like a achievement.

You know what, good for you, I am happy you find pleasure in feeling supreme over everyone else on here. I bet its the only thing you feel good about in your entire life, you jackass.
>>
>>64115120
montie lad it's just a meme chill out bro :^)
>>
>>64114954
>Montie could never host Nochella.

but neither could you mate

>>64114954
>No.

So your Nochella festival is just a Trump rally? Why don't you just get Trump to do a speech at the rally to fund it then f4m
>>
Seriously, fuck you Unty. Normally I shitpost just to make you mad, but really you piss me off with how you see music.
You don't see it as a fun pastime to find some great music you want to listen to again and again, you see it as something to make you seem different then everyone else and then you rub it in the faces of others because that's the only thing in your life you are proud of.
You intentionally disregard artists whom are more popular because you don't see them as pushing the envelope just because they appeal to the masses, and you actually think that women are incapable of taste.
You are truly an idiot and a person with thin skin.
>>
>>64115040
Nochella forcefully maintains a strict no internet policy.

>>64115044
While I have never listened to any of your compositions, if I've to choose between you and admitting someone who represents the antithesis of Nochella, I will choose the latter each and every time.
>>
This is the first time I've seen Montie get mad
I'm scared
>>
I am now convinced unty is autistic and that none of his post are actually ment to be jokes, genuinely a pretentious fuck.
>>
>>64115099
explains why unty is a sexist homophobic bigot who want have gender and racial quotas. Is Nochella a klan rally?
>>
>>64115099
Break the other three rules while listening to some Blur.
>>
>>64115231
Jesus fuck, you really are going balls deep with your autism.
>>
>>64115242
either he is mad or this is a new layer of irony the absolute madman what is he doing
>>
>>64115243
Did it really take you this long?
>>
>>64115231
>Nochella forcefully maintains a strict no internet policy.

How will you enforce this?

Intent: Curious as to how one would prevent people connecting to the internet
>>
>>64115276
Not him but I've always assumed he was a very dedicated shitposter
>>
>>64115231
>music event
>no internet
You've got a better chance of inventing a time machine and actually going back to a pre-internet festival than you have pulling that off.
>>
so you're throwing a noise show.

there is one in every mid-size city everywhere in america every other week, fuck off.
>>
>>64115316
Yeah me too, but no he really thinks his post are meaningful. Suicide has never been more relevant in a man's life until unty came here.
>>
You had a really cool idea, if I'm being honest: underground festival run, paid for, and brought to you by /mu/. Cool idea, would've gone if I could and listened to some cool music, would've been nice to see some lesser known bands or to perform for /mu/
You fucked it up by trying to make it avant-teenapaloozaroo and being too autistic to deal with /mu/ shitposting, being so lazy that you basically said "I gave you the idea now everyone can do the rest of the work", quentinposting irk by trying to dictate the morality of a fucking underground noise show, and to top it off you tried to get back at someone you have a personal vendetta against by basically saying "you're not invited to my cool party".
Shameful
>>
>>64115120
Simpleton. You misunderstand me. Through each of my musical investigations, passion has been the sole motive. Not once did I listen to something for the purpose of being better than someone; what you speak of is byproduct of my interest.

Within the context of music, I've a more elevated taste than you. This is absolute, no in the least up for debate. You're content to listen to explore the same shallow pool of musicians, each peddling the same aesthetic, style or idea ad-nauseum while I'm ever-eager for novel compositions and sensations.

This is what separates us. We are both sincere in effort, but the consequences of my efforts render me of a more elevated position.

>>64115281
Someone in the previous thread suggested a jammer. I'm not entirely sure beyond that, though.

>>64115324
People who want to listen to music will not care about lacking internet for a few hours.
>>
>>64115281
You ARE wondering how he will make people not be on the internet but what you should wonder is how unty is going to be able to manage to even leave the house to find a venue much less leave his house.
>>
>>64115462
>jammer
>abandoned factory, where someone could easily get hurt

Unty...
>>
>>64115462
You're reaching critical levels of fedora

>Not once did I listen to something for the purpose of being better than someone; what you speak of is byproduct of my interest

>I've a more elevated taste than you. This is absolute, no in the least up for debate

>This is what separates us. We are both sincere in effort, but the consequences of my efforts render me of a more elevated position
>>
>>64115462
>Within the context of music, I've a more elevated taste than you.

All music is subjective. You can't objectively say x taste is better than y's taste. The fact you believe this shows your narcissism and naivety.
>>
>>64115462
>People who want to listen to music will not care about lacking internet for a few hours.
>People at shows won't care about not having internet
>In 2016
Nice dream m8
>>
You guys all do realize unty is just putting on an act, right?
>>
>>64115586
Put your trip back on unty
>>
>>64115586
It's fun to shitpost.
>>
>>64115462
Elevated taste!? This can't be real. How far does your head have to be up your ass i doubt you even listen to music, how would you even be able to wear headphones when youre listening inside your asshole. I don't buy it
>>
>>64111683
we need to get a bunch of vaporwave, oneohtrix point never, james ferraro, macintosh plus

noise, metal

jazz, prog

electronic (AFX, squarepusher, actress)

good techno/house/rave/DNB classic rave

local stuff

GOOD rock music (deerhunter and animal collective is the lowest we should sink to in terms of indie rock)

some hip hop
absolutely no semihip trash like Chburches or Disclosure or Promise Ring. NONE.
>>
>>64115462
You don't have elevated taste in anything you fucking pile of roasted dog shit. There is no such thing as elevated taste, but whatever makes you sleep easy at night because I know you possibly can't do it because of all your pent up angst.
Also, stop trying to seem smarter with your choice of words, it really adds to your pretentiousness. Nobody will show up to your music fest even if it is held. And if it is held I will show up in protest and try my best to fuck everything up because you, not me, are the cancer on the balls killing /mu/ slowly every god damn day.
What you do is much fucking worse than what I do and it needs to stop.
>>
>>64115586
Goading autists into a long, rambling, thesaurus-raping response is fun even if it isn't real
>>
File: 1335704554420.jpg (29 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
1335704554420.jpg
29 KB, 349x642
>>64115586
>>
>>64115651
>vaporwave
2entrywavenotenuffavant
>>
>>64115663
Montie, actual question, do you ever post with your trip off?
>>
You know how fucking pissed I am.
I'm full of piss and furry.
I recorded a fucking rant about Unty on Vocaroo and I want to upload it but it is pure autism.

I'm very upset right now
>>
>>64115586
We hope so, anon

We hope so.....
>>
>>64115731
Sometimes. Not often
>>
>>64115732
Upload it and I'll put it on the next EP
>>
>>64115711
Invite them all

Get Yellow Magic Orchestra and MAsonna for all I fucking care

Get Yowie
>>
>>64115791
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0W5JV6ZizTj
>>
>>64115801
Sounds pretty good to me desu
>>
>>64115811
Lol
>>
>>64115663
My taste concerning music is elevated beyond anything a disinterested memeing image-obsessed shit like you could ever aspire for.

>stop trying to sound smart with your choice of words
My rhetoric reflects the intensity with which my soul stirs. I will not compromise just because it offends you, or exposes some of your dormant insecurities.

>are the cancer on the balls killing /mu/
/mu/ needs more people like me. The elitism I perpetuate is the best way to keep shits like you from infesting and rendering this place a meme-littered waste of copy-cat, pedestrian normie as fuck taste and that will always and forever be the case. Do not for a moment confuse myself with the cancer that is killing this board. I aspire wholly to rejuvenate what I believe was once a live and fertile community before folks such as yourself began telling people that it's uncool to care, to be sincere and give a damn about the music you and others listen to.\

I will stop when and only when you and every other person on this board develops a goddamn sense of taste of gets the fuck off to never return.
>>
>>64115811
I'm sampling this
>>
>>64115811
>unty btfo in his own thread
CAN SOMEONE STOP MONTIE?
>>
>>64115811
AOTY
>>
>>64115910
>My taste concerning music is elevated beyond anything a disinterested memeing image-obsessed shit like you could ever aspire for.

'Avant-garde and experimental' isn't free of being above image. In fact you're completely deluded to think that because you listen to more niche music that it makes it somehow deeper and free of being image based
>>
>>64115910
>p-please like what I like
>>
>>64115910
You arent an elitist the way you think you are, just autistic, old mu was elitist and lit now is, but they weren't and aren't try hards.
>>
>>64111683

> dedicated audience
> opening this thread on /mu/

Shit Idea m8, also, while performers have some interest in their audience being "dedicated" they also have financial interests. 10 Dollar tickets aren't going to cut it and this thing will never happen.
>>
I cannot tell who's more autistic either montie or unty
>>
>>64115996
Montie is at least funny, unty is full blown retard. He is the reason poverty is a huge problem in my family.
>>
>>64115910
>I will stop when and only when you and every other person on this board develops a goddamn sense of taste of gets the fuck off to never return

You're the person nobody asked for doing an impossible job that doesn't need to be done while feeling superior about yourself to people that don't give a shit
>>
>>64115996
Montie is autistic for the right reasons, Unty is autistic for the wrong reasons
>>
>>64115811
Cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe.

Holy fucking shit.

Unty is a piece of shit, but you are so, so much worse it's not even funny.

Kill yourself.

And get a new mic.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1pPCb9QXEgU

I will continue to post these until Unty stops posting.
>>
>>64113970
>sex-designated rooms

I fucking love you unty
>>
>>64116123
>Using the term Cringe to describe something
Ok, its now 2016.
Also, it was intended rage. Have you ever heard of True Capitalist Radio?

Also I am using an old computer rn
>>
Who would win in a fist fight.

Montie or Unty?
>>
>>64116195
/mu/
>>
>>64116156
If I ever see you on the street, I will fucking kill you, Montie. You are the biggest piece of shit in the entire world. I fucking hate you so much. I'm going to fly to Michigan and shoot your girlfriend like the horse she is, you fucking hear me?!
>>
>>64116220
/
m ontie
u nty
/
>>
God damnit Montie why do you have to start shit
>>
>>64116242
Unty put you trip back on we know it's you
>>
>>64116242
Good luck, shitlord. I am packing heat as well.
>>
>>64116279
DAMN...
>>
This sure is embarrassing
>>
>>64116295
I KNOW THE FIRST THREE NUMBERS. I'M IN YOUR AREA.
>>
>>64116242
Kek
>>
>>64116295
Please never leave mu, I was having a really shitty night until you posted that vocaroo. I cried from laughing so hard.
>>
Montie and others have conspired to kill Nochella, but fear not: It's alive and well.

I retire this thread for the night but not with defeat in my heart. I am ever eager, but this thread can not be salvaged.

For those that are interested: Keep an eye out for Nochella threads. Nochella will happen, and Montie will not post in the threads because he doesn't want to lose his precious composure again.
>>
>>64115910
>the cancer that is killing this board.
>le cancer that is killing the board meme
Embarassing
>>
>>64116431
Nochella was born dead you dingus
Montiechella
>>
>>64116431
>implying every thread isn't going to end up like this

From what I've seen in this thread from you you'll never be able to actually get anything done
>>
#PrayForUnty
>>
>>64116520
He Gibs Me Dat = Montie??
>>
>>64116544
Haha fucking dumbass how can i be Montie haha
>>
What about BROchella? now that looks like fun!
>>
Nochella's current lineup:
>Zachariah Holte
>Time Machine Modulus
>Graham Lambkin
>Karlheinz Stockhausen
>DJ Aaron Ellis
>Montie covering Oasis songs

discuss......
>>
>>64116584
sorry famalam
am i technically part of he gibs me dat for getting a title?
>>
>>64116595
Isn't that just Reading and Leeds?

>>64116618
To many entry level acts.
>>
>>64116639
Yeah its an art collective
>>
>>64116431
I will enter Nochella, find you, and dump red paint on you because you are a retard.

>>64116520
Montiechella 2016

>>64116595
Lol
>>
>>64116595
nah man, we should rename it to waynestock
>>
Essential artists that would be reasonably attainable:
>Jandek
>The Magic Band
>Viper
Any others?
>>
fuk you mu
don't ban the free Bernie speech
where is the line between the music, its content and the passions of the musical community?

ie: you don't ban kpop, don't ban the bernerino
>>
>>64117171
The marching band at the local high school
>>
>>64116279
damn...
>>
>>64116279
D A M N...
A
M
N
>>
>>64116279
D a m n . . .
>>
We are trying to get contact information for Time Machine Modulus, if anyone has any leads.

Thank you.
>>
>>64119132
>he is now using memes to save his dumb idea
>>
>>64119132
Holy fuck you're still at it

I cannot tell if you're completely autistic or incredibly stupid
>>
>>64119132
Just message them on yootube
>>
>>64119175
He's autistic and from /r9k/
>>
>>64119162
It wasn't my idea.

>>64119175
There's nothing autistic or incredibly stupid about pursuing a dream, about having conviction.

You should exercise introspection.

>>64119186
I imagine they very rarely check that account, if at all.
>>
>>64119132
>gets blown the literal fuck out by based Montie
>gives an autistic message that says that it's not actually over guys! But I'm leaving!
>sees people are still btfoing him
>comes back and tries to use memes to entice us back
Unty just give it up dude
>>
>>64119255
I've seen screencaps of you posting on /r9k/ so do not wield that against me as though it's of any weight.
>>
>>64119259
>You should exercise introspection

You should take your own advice
>>
>>64119259
You have no conviction, you threw your hands in the air as soon as you met with the "adversity" of anons asking you questions in the internet
>>
>>64119259
The only thing you have conviction about is your belief that you're better than everyone else for no particular reason even though you clearly have no idea what you're doing
>>
>>64119302
Introspection is the source of my superiority, of my intellect and the strength of my convictions.

>>64119312
I said I felt overwhelmed because I believe sincerity to be underappreciated. I at no point retired Nochella.

You spout fiction. You waste my time and yours.
>>
>>64119286
Post them then. Why would I ever post on /r9k/ when I fucking hate frog posting and being around insufferable faggots like yourself?
>>
>>64119390
>I'm strong and intellectually superior because I believe I am

Literally delusional
>>
Jesus fucking Christ someone screencap this whole thread
>>
bad thread so far
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
kill this thread, start an OPEN MIC ETIQUETTE thread. that is where MUSICians are born and die, festivals are where musicians slave for the masses, MUSICians aren't made by playing huge crowds of people, so why should we demand that they do so? no band ever started out in a grassy knol, they started in garages, dorm rooms, and OPEN MICs. KILL THE FESTIVAL GOER (god bless mac demarco, peasce out)
>>
>>64119423
The screencaps I referred to were several years old, and in them you hadn't adopted the name "Montie" yet, and were just using the same tripcode.

I was able to find some recent posts easy enough, though. I don't know why you're lying to me. Did you for an instant think you'd get away with it?

http://desustorage.org/r9k/search/username/montie/

>>64119431
"Delusion" that's affirmed by the fact that in not one instance has the might of my intellect or convictions been challenged.
>>
>>64119532
>I'm so smart
>no you're not
>you never proved that I'm not smart therefore I'm smart

You've just proved that you're dumb
>>
>>64119532
You may want to try reddit, it's a bit more your site, no one will call you a pseudo intellectual autist there
>>
>>64119259
The guy responds to comments frequently from TMM
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x375
>>
File: Oh, No! It's Devo.png (634 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Oh, No! It's Devo.png
634 KB, 600x600
>>64119627
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 600x1081) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 600x1081
>>64119532
>posts pics of me baiting /r9k/ in 2015 and playing risk.
>>
>>64119627
>>64119697
That's right. Resort to your vapid memes, the only thing you can contribute with some degree of efficiency.
>>
File: oh.png (26 KB, 84x163) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
26 KB, 84x163
>>64119728
>>
File: 1452057212477.jpg (130 KB, 1224x894) Image search: [Google]
1452057212477.jpg
130 KB, 1224x894
>>64119728
wow shit just got real
>>
File: Anal Annihilated.gif (485 KB, 254x190) Image search: [Google]
Anal Annihilated.gif
485 KB, 254x190
>>64119728
Come back to share threads Unty, we miss you.
#PrayForUnty
>>
>montie vs. unty
are they memeing?
is this really happening?
>>
Who here remembers when Nochella was actually good?
>>
>>64119875
nochella was never good
>>
>>64119728
Simpleton, you speak of nonscense. Thou art a simple minded pedestrian!
If thou professes to have such immaculate taste why is thou still posting on this image board and not teaching at a university!
My superior affinity for music is tenfolds greater than yours.
>>
>>64119893
Again, you do not understand what taste is.

Taste can not be taught. Taste is developed through vigilant investigation.

You should try it sometime.
>>
>>64119875
The first Nochella was decent, then it went to shit when they started booking bands with >10 listens on Thai Bandcamp
>>
>>64119962
Again, you do not understand what subjectivity in music is.

Not being a asshkle can not be taught. Not being an asshole is developed through vigilant investigation.

You should try it sometime.
>>
>>64119962
Where did you begin your investigation? I wanna be as avant as you
>>
>>64120022
On RYM by searching through random albums.
>>
Daily reminder to start using the trip #PrayForUnty
>>
>>64120053
Unty must be blown out. He is the Cancer killing /mu/ and in the new album Montie Market I will dedicate a full track to yelling at Unty
>>
Wasn't Unty the one who kept pestering that girl who posted in that one thread in like an exceedingly creepy way? Or was that another trip
>>
>>64120016
You copy/pasted my post and poorly attempted to tailor it for your own purposes.

Did you think I wouldn't notice that? After everything I've displayed in this thread, you think I'm that dull?

You are so incredibly slow.
>>
>>64120117
There's nothing "creepy" about trying to get to know a girl.

This is a music board. I asked what type of music she liked, if she could recommend me anything similar to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and inquired on a few other related topics.
>>
>>64120126
Just ignore him, unt. Not even close to worth your time.
>>
>>64120217
HOLY SHIT IT WAS HIM
SOMEONE POST THE CAP
>>
>>64120217
>>64120126
#PrayForUnty
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.