[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to black metal /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: blackmetal.jpg (116 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
blackmetal.jpg
116 KB, 504x360
What happened to black metal /mu/?
>>
>>64109503
It turned white
>>
it became a daddy and now it's gone forever
>>
>>64109503
It turned hipster
>>
>"black metal"
fuck off purist, metalheads are the worse
>>
but moonlover is good
>>
got infested with cultural tourists
>>
it evolved as a genre
>>
>>64109503
danger can only last so long. once the danger is gone most bands will burn out. some decent new-ish shit exists though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VY4C1tFg1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN-K27yiVrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3kRsxISz9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPvJCEO4ZIk
>>
>>64109608
this

i'm glad there's so much new and interesting black metal these days that goes beyond the stereotypical second-wave "raw frozen satan death sadness" thing. third wave is really neat.
>>
>>64109570
never said it was bad
>>
>>64109503
Austin powers sucks
>>
>>64109987
you can't be serious, tried listening to sunbather, really wanted to get into it but fucks sake, it was lame hipster noise, nowhere near metal. if that's what you /my/ imbeciles consider "evolved music genre" then you might kill yourselves as well
>>
>>64110347
lol u mad?
>>
>>64110347
>It's different so I hate it
Consider suicide
>>
hey
>>
>>64110634
hey
>>
moonlover and aesthethica blow
>>
it lost the naive passion and imagination that made it great to begin with as it was subsumed by larger cultures
>>
>>64109503
>sunbather
blackgaze =/= black metal
>>
>>64109503
tumblr happened
>>
Retro romantics.

p4k will stage a revival for literally anything.
>>
>>64110613
>it's different so I love it
pussy
>>
i cant believe how much of a deafheaven rip off ghost bath is. all the way down to the album title and one of the song names.
>>
Whata that album w the girl w the moon head, seen this everywhere wanna give it a listen
>>
>>64109503
No black people want to play it. I've never seen any. Its such a white thing
>>
>>64113272
...and?
>>
File: totes.png (292 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
totes.png
292 KB, 650x365
cultural appropriation is what it is
>>
File: 1030071_com_potato.jpg (54 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1030071_com_potato.jpg
54 KB, 800x533
>>64109503
none of those are "black metal"
Those are post black metal
band are still making traditional black metal
>>
File: 1453312598269.jpg (59 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
1453312598269.jpg
59 KB, 500x651
>>64109503
Moonlover and Aesthethica fucking blow. As much as I enjoy some third wave "black metal" like Deafheaven and Wolves In The Throne Room, I would love to see a resurgence of trve kvlt shit. The corpse paint, the lo-fi recordings, the offensive lyrics and imagery, the antics, the not giving a fuck attitude that bands like Mayhem and Burzum had.
>>
>>64113334
I'm sure that's what it is but the same people that say this shit about "muh troo black metal" are probably the same people that make fun of people bitching about "muh cultural appropriation" involving whitewashing.
>>
>>64113755

I would be into that, sans traditional Black Metal blast beats. I just cannot appreciate most Black Metal drummers.
>>
It abandoned the influence of folk music on the genre and replaced it with trite post rock.
>>
USBM is going in a weird direction.

Also, Funeral>Moonlover
>>
>>64110347
This sounds like a YouTube comment
>>
>>64114081
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Like if you are Watching this in 2016
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
i wish /mu/ stopped talking about black metal
>>
Varg killed a guy
>>
You don't search enough if those 3 albums are what you considered to be the modern take of blackmetal
>>
>>64110613
>>It's different so I hate it

This is the exact mindset that makes me hate metal elitists. They would rather listen to a boring copycat band than a band that remotely does anything different with the metal sound.

I mean really, most styles of metal had the most interesting stuff come within the first 10-15 years of the styles establishment. Most stuff that came 15+ years afterwards without any variation sound so goddamn stagnant and watered down in creativity.
>>
>>64114144
I wish /mu/ stopped existing. Why do i even come here?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.