[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do we think of John williams's wonderfully accessible,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 81ae8A9aEYL._SL1500_.jpg (240 KB, 1500x1487) Image search: [Google]
81ae8A9aEYL._SL1500_.jpg
240 KB, 1500x1487
what do we think of John williams's wonderfully accessible, yet profoundly expressive music composed for this saga?
>>
poppy grandiose shit
>>
the best bits are all the intermediary bits
the anthemic bits are probably good too i just can't tell anymore
they were good when i was 6
>>
>>64108669
to what interludes are you referring?
>>
Star Wars (1977) has objectively the best film score of all time, unless you know more than the American Film Institute, which you don't.
>>
Pretty fucking amazing.
The new score is pretty damn good as well.
Love that track that played when Rey was on Jakku hauling shit back to her speeder, and during other parts of the movie.
>>
I feel so bad for John Williams, having to go through all the hell and effort to score those three fucking prequels at his age when the movies were absolute shit. 70-something years old "oh can you score phantom menace? and then attack of the clones? and then revenge of the shit?"

fuck those prequels literally wasted years at the end of his life. i hope he lives to score the next two. force awakens story was much better told and it really shows in his music.
>>
literal 10/10

even the shitty prequels at least had god-tier music
>>
>>64110237
This. Scoring for film is an art in its own, and John Williams a master of it.
>>
>>64112158
that's why it must have been funny when he did the prequels. i bet JW knew exactly how the story should have been told and how it all could have come-together perfectly. but he had to score it the way G-Lu made it. such a sham(e)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.