[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone actually believe yeezus is a rip off of death grips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
or is saying that just another way for people to show off that their music taste is so much more "obscure" and "experimental" than people who dare enjoy mainstream artists
>>
It's a meme
>>
>>64108603
It's genuinely not similar to any Death Grips music. MAYBE I've Seen Footage or Hacker, but the connection to those tracks is still very tenuous
>>
They sound nothing alike. Idk who started this meme (probably melon) but it's completely retarded.
>>
>>64108686
fantano said he heard people talk about it

however the very beginning of this album and NLDW are the same

also the idea that kanye was working with a huge pack of producers, many of which certainly knew about death grips and could've injected the tiny bits of possible influence you CAN hear throughout

or there was zero influence at all. you decide
>>
>>64108603
Kanye and Rubin even said they didnt listen to Death Grips during the making of Yeezus and they weren't an influence
>>
>>64108603
i'd rather say it was influenced by them, he doesn't seem to rap as agressive as mc ride does, but it sure does have some death grips touch in it, but not to the point i would consider it a rip off.
>>
>>64108756
Even if there was slight influence it was the minimal
>>
>>64108756
It's a nonzero influence, but barely worth mentioning. He seems less inspired by "of the moment" acts on Yeezus than by movements in punk, industrial, protest music, and drill.

And that's the way Kanye has always been, really.
>>
>>64108763
Source?
>>
the start of on sight sounds a lot like the start of come up and get me
>>
It's not influenced or ripped off from Death Grips because Yeezus is actually GOOD.
>>
It's obviously not a rip off but i'm surprised to hear everyone here saying DG weren't an influence.
I always took it for granted that Kanye took alot from DG when he made Yeezus, if they are not considered a major influence on this album it's very new to me.
>>
>>64108603
just an attempt to grab the attention of the coachella crowd
>>
people always take this idea too far. They act like Kanye took DG's idea thinking, "haha! no one will ever know!"
In actual fact, those saying Yeezus was influenced by Death Grips actually mean that no, Kanye did not actively try to bite their style, but at the same time you can't say he never heard Death Grips before he made yeezus.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.