[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /bleep/ the worst general on /mu/? >muh shitty EDM is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8
File: 1393.jpg (291 KB, 603x739) Image search: [Google]
1393.jpg
291 KB, 603x739
Is /bleep/ the worst general on /mu/?

>muh shitty EDM is so superior
>much shitty DJs who press play are better than THOSE shitty DJs who press play because they're more obscure
>only listen to singles like a fucking normie pleb and always shit on the idea of albums

Fuck these goddamn nerds. They're worse than most EDM "bros" because they've actually deluded themselves into thinking that their shitty music is any different from other EDM and try to act pretentious about it.
>>
>only listen to singles like a fucking normie pleb and always shit on the idea of albums
t. rockist
>>
Nah, but Dean Blunt is a fucking hack and anyone who enjoys The Redeemer should reevaluate their taste.
>>
have you ever been to /daily/?

just scroll through the thread right now
>>
>>64103386
That genre of music is mostly singles anyway. The intended listening space is the dance floor anyway

Also they're a different general from /metal/ or /shugazi/ entirely, it's like a social club for them. The music comes second and they're mostly there to talk about slags and other chav shit
>>
>>64103386
>only listen to singles
*bangers
>>
Boy got blown the fuck out by the banter, no?
This is why I like /bleep/: they always put dilettantes in their place.

Way to expose yourself as a goon who's got no idea about bleeps and bleep culture beyond shit you see on Pitchfok end-year lists.

Delete this thread.
>>
File: andy stott.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
andy stott.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
>he doesn't like andy stott
kys
>>
>>64103386
Reminder:

This is EDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuFUtL8zUAk

This is NOT EDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CecYaE_w3M
>>
>>64103430
And this: as long as /daily/ and /RYM/ exist there's no point in even starting up a discussion on what the worst /mu/ general is.
>>
someone cant handle the banter lmao
>>
File: 4.jpg (23 KB, 400x516) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
23 KB, 400x516
>>
Whenever someone makes threads bashing a certain general I gotta assume that they went to one and were btfo for shit taste

I mean seriously who gets this mad about people who willingly isolate themselves so you only have to deal with them by choice
>>
>>64103386
>DJs who press play
kill yourself
>>
>>64103386
lol
>fuck these goddamn nerds

i'm OUT
>>
>>64103552
/thread

/mu/ has a shit ton of horrible threads and genrals sure as fuck aren't the problem.
>>
>>64103421
There's nobody that sounds like him and if to achieve his sound he ultimately jumps through less hoops than some other artist then who gives a fuck. He's still genre defining and boundary pushing and that is what is important. So you didn't like the Redeemer. It says more about you than him that you're discrediting him entirely as an artist just because his music isn't for you.
>>
>>64103552
i'm glad someone gets it
>>
>>64103496
this
also your my fave trip 2bh

OP is just mad cus hes a rockist.
>>
Worst generals on /mu/ are those complaining about generals. At least those easy-to-filter threads actually discuss music, unlike this one.

/bleep/ has good tunes but I hate going there because of how they talk shit about anyone who enjoys any other kind of music.

>>64103410
>someone criticizes shitty /bleep/ fanbase
>"fucking rockist"
this is why no one likes you faggot
>>
>>64103641
this

I love techno and electronic but I'm not about to go in there and start throwing my lack of knowledge about, lurk only.
>>
/daily/ is the worst because of how all the trips

/kpop/ is second worst because they don't even talk about music

but how bleep is pretty bad given how they've managed to circlejerk themselves into a tizzy over the same boring music that was being made in Detroit 30 years ago. somehow they've managed to give themselves a superiority complex over listening to such pop music as if they were discussing free jazz. why are britbongs so obsessed with taking American music and driving into the ground? first rock then techno and now they're trying to do it with rap (which of course bleep is enthusiastically endorsing)
>>
>>64103601
Thanks for the blog post but there is nothing interesting or ground-breaking about The Redeemer. The production is horrible as evidenced by the stock synth strings on nearly every track. Maybe he has other good stuff (I've heard good things about Black Metal) but The Redeemer doesn't have any Redeeming qualities.
>>
>>64103753
/bleep/ hates MCs though

I've seen them talk positively about trap instrumentals occasionally
>>
>>64103753
>/kpop/ is second worst because they don't even talk about music

There are more music related posts in any given kpop thread than in any given thread whining about generals.
>>
>>64103712
you didn't get the point of my post retard
>>
File: 1460823275924.jpg (71 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1460823275924.jpg
71 KB, 700x700
>>64103386
>>
>>64103386
That would be /emoe/
>>
>>64103386
terrible troll attempt.
>>
>>64103753
>now they're trying to do it with rap (which of course bleep is enthusiastically endorsing)
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
/bleep/ is not /mu/
>>
>>64103900
/emoe/ usually has a lot of music discussion and reccs all over the place when faggots like you don't insist in discussing whether anime posting kills the general or not.
>>
>>64103918
>ctrl f "skepta" in current /bleep/
>6 results

inb4 "YOU DONT GET IT WASTEMAN WE LISTEN TO HIM IRONICALLY U NOT A REAL ROADMAN"
>>
>>64103829
then explain it faggot b/c >>64103552 just fucking told you the point
>>
>>64103918
/bleep/ loves terrible shit like dj rashad and "grime" crap which is literally appropriated trap rap
>>
meta threads are the worst

thanks OP
>>
>>64103974
rockists are known for saying >muh albums and don't understand that some genres i.e. house, disco, and techno are meant to be enjoyed in the form of singles
>>
>>64104000
I think you're just projecting super hard. You find almost no people like that outside of Redditors on /mu/ and Porcupine Tree fans and proglords. /bleep/ can never take a criticism because every time someone says how much they suck, /bleep/ takes it personally and thinks the person dislikes them because they're a rockist, when in actuality it's because they're gigantic faggots.
>>
so embarrassing to read posts from people who think they know it all but they dont have a clue
>>
>>64103987
Footwork and Grime aren't rap you idiot.

>>64103972
Grime =/= rap/hip-hop
>>
>>64104094
i love this meme
>>
>>64103987
>grime
>appropriated trap rap
wew lad
>>
>>64104094
looool ok mate
>>
File: chemical jej.jpg (27 KB, 436x333) Image search: [Google]
chemical jej.jpg
27 KB, 436x333
>>64103987
>grime
>literally appropriated trap rap
>>
File: I know when that shiggy ring.jpg (53 KB, 723x723) Image search: [Google]
I know when that shiggy ring.jpg
53 KB, 723x723
>>64104094
>Grime =/= rap/hip-hop

hmm
>>
anyone got the pic of kpop general where theyre all having a good time and then its mu fighting each other over mucore or whatever
>>
>>64104094
>>64104158
>>64104161
>grime isn't hip-hop
You fucking brits are the worst. You literally copy american shit and then put a new name on it and pretend it's something completely different.
>>
>>64103386
>is /bleep/ the worst
>posts dean "the talentless hack" blunt
WEW LAD
>>
>>64104336
(You)
>>
>t. godspeed fan
>>
>thinks that "garage" is shitty RnB instead of lo-fi rock
>thinks that "hardcore" is cheesy ass 80s techno crap instead of punk
>will actually try to defend the merits of dubstep

edm fags are literal cancer
>>
>>64104336
>EDM
hmm
>>
>>64104539
The majority of the genres that fall under that label started in America
>>
>>64103485
>bleep culture

you mean sitting in a manchester bus stop drinking cheap beer and harrassing old folk?
>>
>>64104578
>dubstep (the poster child of the 'EDM' movement
British
>techno
Started in America but was quickly abandoned here out of disinterest, most of its innovations happened elsewhere, particularly Germany
>house
Started here, occasionally played in clubs here, mostly developed and innovated upon elsewhere
>hardcore
Britain and the Netherlands
>Jungle/DnB
British
>Trance
Multiple euro countries, certainly not the US
>>
>>64103779
blog post? it was two sentences buddy. your offence at the length of my reply pretty much sums up you and your shit brain entirely. you call him a hack even though you've only listened to the redeemer. and yeah there are stock strings on the album. it's minimal you either like it or you don't. you obviously don't it's no big deal bro no need to discredit the artist so that you feel like it's his fault you dont like it, not yours lmao.
>>
>>64104578
lol nah m80, not even close
>>
>oh shit there's that nigga dean
>>
>>64104716
this makes me proud to be british
>>
File: file.png (396 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
file.png
396 KB, 480x726
>>64104658
>>
>>64104659

>>64104417 (You)

Another guy who think dean is talentless hack.its not about minimal or even using presets but its really bad made.Its executed poorly(which is probably "the joke") and you will like it only to pretend that you have superior taste(which is the opposite because he is a shit artist).
>>
>>64104831
>implying there's a difference
both are trash for degenerates
>>
>>64104831
The prototypical foundations of brostep started in British dubstep, it was just ripped off, slightly refined, and popularized in America by Skrillex, which set off the whole shitty EDM trend.
>>
/mu/ needs to stop talking about /mu/ and start talking about music
>>
>dean blunt isn't a talentless hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2lM8XXehlo
>>
>>64104057
this tbqh

I have nothing against the music itself, in fact I enjoy a lot of it but the majority of those who post in /bleep/ generals seem to think their tastes are objectively better than others

To be far however /bleep/ is not the only general that is guilty of having a superiority complex
>>
>>64104899
I think /bleep/ just has bantz m8
>>
>>64103386
>i dont like anything different than the constant flood of mc donalds music that is the current edm music meta today!

so you post about it on here? no one cares fuckoff
>>
>>64104899
see
>>64105039
if you see a superiority complex in /bleep/ your pretty sensitive
>>
How can anyone argue about what's the worst general when we have a literal subreddit here called /daily/
>>
>>64104899
/bleep/ is just club lads and NEETs in banter, don't take it so seriously.
>>
>>64104880
reggie watts understands this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R982J8c4nA
>>
>>64104892
damn and i thought i couldn't dislike this bell pepper nosed motherfucker more
>>
>>64105039
so they don't actually think grime isn't rap? thank god
>>
>>64105184
>>64105200
Well to be fair it's not like I'm particularly upset by it or anything but it would seem to me that many general posters seem to have a superiority complex about their particular taste.

That could just be purely anecdotal though.
>>
>>64103510
What's wrong with /daily/?
>>
>>64105317
Grime isn't rap though
>>
>>64105368
essentially when you are part of a larger group of people that all share common interests its very likely that you will become a fucking bellend.

when you put people in uniforms, they become more fearless when making questions that involve morality. posting in a general is similar to wearing a uniform
>>
>>64105385
so /bleep/ is actually retarded?
>>
>>64105317
They do, and they're right too
t. an Amerifat
>>
>>64105562
rap is a vocal style. if a grime track doesn't have someone rapping over it, it's not rap.
>>
>>64105595
So Skepta is rap?
>>
>>64105562
Grime is a genre of music that emerged in England in the early 2000s. It is primarily a development of UK garage and jungle.
>>
>>64105627
skepta's new flow is very close to american rap
he has slowed it down to make it audible unlike everyone else
>>
>>64105634
>It is primarily a development of UK garage and jungle.
Am I supposed to know what that shit is or....
>>
>>64105796
Yeah, if you're gonna argue a genre is just a subgenre of another genre you should probably know what the fuck you're talking about first
>>
>>64105818
>implying that was me
why are britbongs so retarded?
>>
>>64105818
Doesn't change the fact that Grime is literally just brit-hop
>>
>>64105837
I'm Eaglelandian and I had no reason to assume it was another person
>>64105854
I'd agree that it's the British equivalent of hip hop, but it's not a subgenre of it and is largely unrelated.
>>
>>64105796
So why are you talking like you know about a genre when you've just admitted you don't?

Rapping is the same as MCing people. Grime is not rap people. Grime is not hip-hop people. Grime used to not be Trap but modern producers do like using that sound now which is a shame.
>>
Yeah, I'd say grime is stylistically related to hip-hop in the same way jungle or drum and bass are. It didn't really develop as a subgenre.
>>
grime is fucken trash
>>
>>64103779
ur missing the point i think m8
>>
desu bleeps is the most fun i have on this board
brits understand my shitposting style
>>
>>64103779
The Redeemer doesn't have any Redeeming qualities
>>
What part of STRICTLY FOR DJS STRICTLY FOR CLUB USE ONLY don't you understand.
>>
>>64103386
Looks like he has brain damage.
>>
>>64105818
if you're gonna argue anything you should probably know what the fuck you are talking about

theres too many pretenders out there
>>
File: KPG.jpg (432 KB, 1215x507) Image search: [Google]
KPG.jpg
432 KB, 1215x507
>>
>>64110239
where on /mu/ can I get some dragon dildo action
>>
>>64103386
Any genre has obscure hipster shit in it that some fans of the genre like, so that really isn't exclusive to any general in particular
>>
>>64103410
>i have no counterargument

t. /bleep/

>>64103421
>s-sampling is stealing!
You're the one who need to reevaluate their taste and shitty life.

anyway

killeveryoneinthisthread.exe
>>
>>64110915
who are you quoting?
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.