[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only enjoy the Doug Yule period, I think both the Nico album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 65a50eb4.jpg (137 KB, 658x666) Image search: [Google]
65a50eb4.jpg
137 KB, 658x666
I only enjoy the Doug Yule period, I think both the Nico album and WL/WH are unlistenable crap, what does that make me?
>>
Idk someone who cares man we all die in the end do your thing
>>
Stupid
>>
A person with their own opinion :-)
>>
>>64102071
A pleb.
>>
The VU is my favorite band. And one of the reasons being is that each album, for me, is for something different. Like a feeling or time in my life. It had such a range between the first 2 albums and the 2nd two, it's almost like two completely different bands.
>>
File: Lou Reed - Transformer cover.jpg (138 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Lou Reed - Transformer cover.jpg
138 KB, 1500x1500
>>64102071
If that's your opinion then check out Transformer and Coney Island Baby. Transformer is the best pop album of Lou's solo career, Doug Yule plays on Coney Island Baby.
>>
File: lou.jpg (98 KB, 890x376) Image search: [Google]
lou.jpg
98 KB, 890x376
KEK
>>
Loaded just isn't on the same level as the earlier albums

That being said s/t deserves much more credit than it gets. It's on par with TVUN and WL/WH imo
>>
>>64102807
>he isn't holding a guitar
>>
It makes you a normie who prefers pop over experimentation.
>>
>>64104104
this and also, WL/WH i can understand that some people canĀ“t dig, but the first one has so many smooth ass pop songs wich are infinately better as the ones on loaded.

this just makes me mad as fuck.

I AINT SEARCHIN FOR MY MAINLINE!
>>
Lou Reed was nothing without John Cale.
>>
>>64104275
Cale was nothing without Reed also though. They complemented each other perfectly.
>>
My powers
Against them, half-useless
My senses
Alive have party

Was embarrassed but stuck with them
Walked, at shoulder, down the street, ridicule
They couldn't tell Lou Reed from Doug Yule
Suppressed hate romance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vqkFAjmGU&list=PLTE3O6uE2R5c1hSvd7T42y-wQaI9VzAJV&index=3
>>
It's a really good album, but it's a sell--out point for VU. They ditched the experimental post-punk stuff and made a straight-forward rock album because that's what their label wanted. The title literally refers to their label demanding an album "loaded with hits". It split the band apart
>>
>>64105299
>Cale was nothing without Reed also though

Vintage Violence
Paris 1919
Fear
Music for a New Society

Produced The Stooges' s/t, all the noteworthy Nico albums, The Modern Lovers and Songs for Drella
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.