[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this their best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1280x1280.jpg (436 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
436 KB, 1280x1280
Is this their best album?
>>
it's not bad, but it has the same problem that other early anco albums have. The tracks aren't really songs, just long matras that don't go anywhere. Compare the average track with something from strawberry jam. The sj tracks have a progression and conclusions, whereas hcti and especially tracks stgstv are just 5-10 minute snippets of music.
>>
File: aveytare.jpg (107 KB, 771x547) Image search: [Google]
aveytare.jpg
107 KB, 771x547
>>
>>64101170
This. Which is good and bad, depends really what you prefer when you listen to Anco. But I think it's a very good jam of a record.
>>
>>64101170
this literally only applies to the middle ambient tracks, maybe Hey Light if you wanna say it doesn't have a typical pop song structure, but a clear structure is still there. I know what you're talking about, and a lot of unrecorded songs from the Sung Tongs era suffer it, but I wouldn't say it's a big feature of HCTI.
>>
>>64101262
I have no problem with unscrtuctured songs, but I really don't think you'll be able to convince me that any of the songs on hcti have much of a conclusion
>>
>>64101129
second only to strawberry jam, and only slightly better than Spirit Imo
>>
I don't get the love for Strawberry Jam tbqh. MPP did it better.
>>
>>64101292
HCTI is pretty much one long piece of music and the songs flow into each other really well. one of the best sequenced albums I've ever heard
>>
File: image.png (265 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
image.png
265 KB, 334x393
>>64101170
>>64101224
>>64101292
>>64101379
You are doing AnCo wrong and maybe one day your tastes will be in line with reality.
>>
HCTI is the mascot for early AnCo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.