[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The M50x are shit and don't provide good sound quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: img3764.jpg (46 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
img3764.jpg
46 KB, 520x390
>The M50x are shit and don't provide good sound quality

When will this meme end?
>>
>>64096429
These headphones are a joke, they sound like beats
>>
>>64096459
>These headphones are a joke

*citation needed*
>>
They're an attempt at a multi purpose entry level audiophile headphone, meaning they're neither musical enough for casual listening or flat enough for monitoring
>>
since this shit thread will invetiably get pruned
what cheap headphones can I use in public?

>doesnt leak
>doesnt look "abstract"
>has good sound quality
I dont care about the comfortability
>>
>>64096429
they are what they are. all internet forum speculation/interpretation only reflect their popularity
>>
Has the Internet turned against the MSR7s too?
>>
>>64096429
Greetings from head-fi and /g/hpg/

These are decent headphones. They're not good headphones though and that must be understood. They are like the gateway headphones to the world of hi-fi and good headphones. To your average Joe, they're the best darn things ever but once you listen to anything costing $300 or more, they're kind of sloppy. They're quite coloured and fall apart at any semblance of volume.
>>
>>64097053
what are your favorite headphones?
>>
"audiophiles" are seriously the most autistic people on the planet

FACT: if you go any higher up the headphone than these you have aspergers.
>>
>>64097053
>head-fi and /g/hpg/

Oh boy here we go, abandon this thread now because from this point onward it's all

>MY SIR YOU -NEED- THESE 600 DOLLAR CANS AND THIS 1200 DOLLAR DAC/AMP COMBO WITH 500$ VINTAGE TUBES TO TRULY HEAR EVERY DETAIL
>>
>>64097052
>MSR7
they're good and they look nice but
>$210
id rather buy k702s unless it's for a portable setup

>>64097355
rather, if you invest more money on headphones than a good speaker setup you're a retard
>>
File: 1327086574785.png (530 KB, 636x478) Image search: [Google]
1327086574785.png
530 KB, 636x478
I have a pair and never thought they sounded especially good.

Admittedly though I've only tried them via direct input to my laptop, so I don't know if buying an amp or something would make much of a difference. I've asked this question before and the general answer I got was 'not by much'.

When I first got them I was a bit disappointed by the sound, nothing particularly impressive, they just produce a flat sound. Don't understand people who are like 'whooaaa they sound absolutely amazing'???

I gather they're designed for production/monitoring purposes first and foremost, and it shows.

I see people around wearing them jacked into their MP3 players, but even the coiled lead is a pain in the ass to listen through on the go, too bulky to tuck in a pocket. Again, they're just not designed it.

/review
>>
>no sound stage whatsoever, boxed in sound like everything's being played on top of each other

>tiny ass ear cups that are uncomfortable and make your ears sweat like hell, you can barely even call them an 'over ear' headphone
>>
>>64098401
your big ears aren't anyone else's problem m8
>>
>>64098401
this
>>
File: MSR7.jpg (131 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
MSR7.jpg
131 KB, 1500x1500
shoot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.