[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swans 30 second song previews https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: TGM .jpg (717 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
TGM .jpg
717 KB, 1500x1500
Swans 30 second song previews https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E0ZPC7Q
>>
Have fun ruining your experience of the album.
>>
>>64096436
I just wanna hear what others have to say about them, I'm not listening.
>>
it fucking blows
>>
>>64096424
Kinda disappointing since its not as raw as TBK
>>
>>64096910
Well, 30 second snippets out of 10+ minute songs doesn't really give a full picture.

Glad it's different, though. But I can see myself missing the really loud and aggressive sound from TBK.
>>
>>64097044
its literally blackstar rip off + legal weed basement rockers
>>
People Like Us sounds great
>>
>>64097089
Stop
>>
>>64097090
That song is apparently about the band members themselves. I'm very excited to hear it.
>>
LMAO the first track sounds like the beginning to fucking Hospice.
>>
>>64096424
Damn, I thought "Finally, Peace" was gonna be those disturbing sounding last few minutes of Black Hole Man that they did on their last couple of concerts in 2015. That would've been awesome.

Anyway those previews sound great.
>>
>>64096424
I really wanna listen, but I also don't.

I'm not gonna do it.
>>
it sounds fucking awesome. children of god vibes. gonna be their best reunion album motherfuckers buckle up.
>>
Sounds great, sounds a bit more like The Seer than I was expecting
>>
As a big Swans fan I feel like it's going to be disappointing.
>>
Literally sounds like Father John Misty meets Korn
>>
Garbage and Im a big fan
>>
>>64096424

Jesus that looks horrendous...like they used MS Paint to put on the words and logo after copy and pasting an image of a cardboard box
>>
File: 1458890292088.jpg (5 KB, 250x154) Image search: [Google]
1458890292088.jpg
5 KB, 250x154
>>64096424

>Finally, peace.
>>
>>64101628
I don't think its an official image, somebody probably just shopped the titles on the album cover
>>
>>64101184
it doesn't sound like garbage the fuck did you listen to, this shit is great

>>64100916
why do you think that?
>>
File: 353532.png (452 KB, 637x508) Image search: [Google]
353532.png
452 KB, 637x508
GIRA THINK HE SLICK
>>
>>64101837
?I get the feeling it's going to sound to weak in a sense.
too angels of lightish, too mellow. And the longer parts will be post rockish and a little droney but not nearly as good as the previous 3 albums had. and it will have that God awful woman improvising with her fiddle or whatever

not what I want out of a closing album, I'd like something that refers to the early sound while being completely new. something equivalent to Soundtracks
maybe I ask for too much
>>
the title track sample sounds like porcupine tree :(
>>
>>64101862
slicc*
>>
>>64097876
Hospice was good familia
>>
I wonder what songs the band will perform on tour now that the current line up has ended. I'm saying this because they usually play a lot of new material on tour. I know Gira probably doesn't want to but I'm hoping that they'll play some early material like Helpless Child or The Sound.
>>
>>64102482
I think he will at least throw in 2 old songs in each concert m8.
He's very good at reinventing his past work. what I'm wondering is if we get another live EP. I don't expect something as good as Swans are Dead, but if it's as good as We Rose.. with those amazing covers of old songs (esp. Sex God Sex) I'd be hyped
>>
>>64102292
Fuck...

>tfw you became a big fan of Swans just to see them releasing The Burning World of the 10s
>>
did nobody in here listen to The Gate or what
it's going to be amazing
>>
>>64103499
It better fucking be.
>>
>>64103419
maybe, I hope I'm wrong though.
The big difference between this and Burning World though, is that on that record they were trying to sell out, they were broke. Now however, I think he's just tired at this point
>>
>>64103731
you're both totally wrong desu

the samples sounds excellent
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-26-15-16-38.png (273 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-26-15-16-38.png
273 KB, 800x480
Would it be worth seeing them? I'm considering pre-ordering, but at the same time, I have been considering checking out one of their shows in a few months.
>>
>>64102292
I haven't listened to the samples and I probably won't. But I got a similar reaction from hearing The Glowing Man Excerpt.

I think it's however far too early to make any strong assumptions about any of this. Even if it is softer than TBK and not as dark as The Seer, it doesn't have to mean it won't be worthwhile.

I can see this album being some very uplifting and transcendental shit, which is exciting in and of itself.
>>
>>64104648
Why can't you do both
>>
does anyone remember when gira accidently leaked to be kind
>>
Hey guys?
I know this is a dumb question, but what does the title "People Like Us" mean? Like, is it saying it in a "people who are similar to us" way? Or a "people enjoy our presence" way?
>>
>>64104834
The song is about the iteration of SWANS. Gira wrote this about it in the liner notes for "The Gate"

>People Like Us
This is a good-bye to Swans as we now know it. I hope to sing it more intimately on the record and just wish I could croon like Jim Morrison on Crystal Ship but that's sadly not in the cards so I'll find another path.
>>
>>64104834
heehee, the idea of the title of "people like us" meaning "people enjoy our presence" is quite a funny thought and something i hadn't considered yet.
>>
>>64104678
I suppose.
But it;s just that when I saw the track title "finally peace", I expected a grueling dark Seer like album, but with enough creativity it remains distinct from it, a harsh and unrelenting behemoth of an album finally ending with an acoustic breathe of fresh air at the end, ending Swans on a sentimental note after the brutality of the rest of the album.

to find out that it isn't brutal, and the most grating part will likely be that asian woman "improvising" is a huge let down from what i envisioned
>>
cloud of unknowing sounds great my dudes.
>>
>>64101862
kek
>>
File: 1437585548408.png (108 KB, 303x407) Image search: [Google]
1437585548408.png
108 KB, 303x407
>>64096424
inside is music :)
>>
>>64104923
What? The Glowing Man is absolutely a brutal song. Did you not hear The Gate? That ending, followed by Finally Peace is exactly what you said you wanted.
>>
>>64104923
I guess this isn't as disappointing to me, since I knew this wasn't the direction they were going in. It's been pretty clear with every subsequent album since "My Father" that Gira's aspirations for Swans this iteration is not as much the darkness as it is the positives to the experience of making music like this. I actually don't think The Seer is as dark as critics like to stamp it as, don't get me wrong, it is dark, harsh, punishing and challenging music but it's more nuanced than that. I think context plays an important role and his goal wasn't to be bleak with that album or To Be Kind, it was a celebration of sound.

I think this is the natural evolution for this iteration. I can't say I'll like it yet, if it feels too tame I'll probably be disappointed. But 30 second snippets really aren't enough to judge it. But the fact that this album isn't the bleakest isn't disappointing to me at all, I just hope it still manages to be as powerful as the past few releases have been.
>>
>>64105201
my nigga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luE4hcv8lDM

27:38 onwards is literally perfect brutal ending
>>
>>64105776
Fuck, that smile from Gira at 29:52

The guy really loves what he's doing these days, much respect. He's been through so much in his life and Swans has taken on so many different forms, feels so earned after everything that has come before this.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-12-01-02-16.png (174 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-12-01-02-16.png
174 KB, 800x480
>>64104723
$$$
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.