[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S0, what do you think of the Desintegration Loops?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: the-disintegration-loops.jpg (77 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
the-disintegration-loops.jpg
77 KB, 500x250
>>
talentless hack: the album
>>
It's pretty nice, pleasing. It's very overrated.
>>
When the entire premise of the album is fabricated, and the cultural significance is inflated, what you're left with is some pleasant loops. Nothing more.

I won't listen to it. I'm more pissed that its not actually disintergrating tapes (just post production editing) than the whole 911 stuff
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI

Based god Chris Ott sums it up pretty well in this video.
>>
>>64094988
This.
Perfect music to fall asleep to, like Stars of the Lid.
I would have been pretty bummed if I have bought the CDs for $15 each when they got released though.
>>
>>64095022
>I'm more pissed that its not actually disintergrating tapes
It is, though.
>>
ok for the first 2 minutes
>>
for some reason, I'm able to listen to the whole thing without being bothered by the repetitiveness
>>
>>64095535
No it isn't it really isn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI
>>
>>64095825
>Chris Ott

are you fucking serious?
>>
>>64095455
>>64095825
opinion automatically discarded
>>
pretentious wank
>>
>>64095825
I like Chris Ott a lot. I actually listened to these pieces because of him, just to check how right he is. But honestly I think the pieces draw you in. The 9/11 thing does nothing for me and is honestly laughable for even more reasons than Ott mentions. It's just pathetic.

As for him calling out the actual disintegration of the loops, he's basically just guessing here based on his (demonstrated in that video) very limited knowledge of electronic music production techniques.

Is it possible he's right? Maybe. But I don't think the things he points out are dead giveaways at all and I think whatever Basinski did to make the loops evolve in the way they do is actually really successful.
>>
Could care less about the 9/11 side to the album.
That being said some nights this album has
provided some of the most chills.
I like it.
>>
File: 2.gif (158 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
158 KB, 500x500
>>64099999
>>
SOME OF THEM WERE LISTENING TO WHAM DUDE!
>>
>>64099937
Hang on, I've watched a video a bunch of times. Don't think OTT actually explicitly says he thinks Basinski is lying about the way it's recorded? Just that it's received some sort of post production... Anyway, he's massively convincing with his argument regards the 9/11 aspect. So yeah, it's pretty much a nice ambient piece other than that, not all that good.
>>
File: cover.png (359 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
359 KB, 500x500
i think of the superior basinski release
>>
>>64094960
meh
basinski's other stuff is better
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.