[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Kanye West so hated by white people? He changed rap to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
Why is Kanye West so hated by white people? He changed rap to exactly what white people want rap to be. He moved it from thug shit to middle class love shit.

Are white people really that retarded to hate him just because he's a little egoistic?
>>
>>64094861
>He changed rap to exactly what white people want rap to be.

Turned it into pop music then.

>rap
>genre
>>
>>64094874
This

Rap is a vocal style in hiphop
>>
he makes mediocre pop music and he still thinks he's somehow special. Whatever tbqh.
I hate his fans the most, because they don't realize they're listening to a black taylor swift-tier pop 'artist' swift.
>>
It's the fault of the media. Always need a few scapegoats we can take our anger out on. Doesn't help that he's an opinionated, confident black man.
>>
i hate him because hes a nigger desu
>>
>>64094959
>>64095025
Its always a pleasure whenever I go outside and interact with real people as a reminder that not everyone is this stupid and/or ironic
>>
I don't like him because he's bad at rapping and he says stupid shit.
"White people" don't have collective desire for a genre of music to be a certain way. I want rap to be an expression of the person rapping.
When Kanye says racist shit like "white publications shouldn't cover black music", that tends to get on white peoples' nerves, and hopefully most peoples' nerves.
>>
Bullied a poor defenseless little multimillionaire chart topping white popstar girl? Unacceptable.

Changed up styles and moved away from my boom bap comfort zone? Fucking sellout, Yeezy doesn't care about his fans.

Writes vulgar, crude lines? He can't be doing this intentionally, he's worse than my little sister at writing raps.

Calls himself God, and places himself above white people? Can't have that.

Trying to break out of his little rapper box and attempt to become a greater role model to the black community as a prolific black business owner? HE'S OUT OF HIS MIND, HE'S MENTALLY ILL AND HE NEEDS HELP. SOMEBODY GET THE STRAIGHT JACKET!
>>
>>64094861
I feel neutral about him. Why should i be 'angry' because some nigger doing ignorant things(like other ignorant niggers-not the genuine black people) and making money getting fame ripping off other people's music

Its got nothing to do with me, im too busy listening and making music and pondering how to do it and make ends meet at the same time
>>
Listened to Yeezus yesterday.
Actually pretty good stuff desu..
>>
I appreciate modesty from mainstream artists.

Art is subjective, but mastery is not.
>>
Jealousy and how he basically led the way for a huge movement away from "rock"
>>
>>64094861
>BILL COSBY INNOCENT!!!!!!
>>
White people are his only fans tho
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmP3OdZtreg

Kanye is the latter
>>
>>64094861
what are you talking about. majority of his fans are white

black people don't like his albums. besides WTT and LR/CD
>>
File: bHEaMiz.jpg (50 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
bHEaMiz.jpg
50 KB, 615x345
It's not that white people hate him. There's no black people here and /mu/ fuckin loves him. It's that black people like anything from other black people.
>>
>>64094959
>>64095110
These.
>>
File: 1456111737226.jpg (243 KB, 1237x1491) Image search: [Google]
1456111737226.jpg
243 KB, 1237x1491
>>64095136
Haha stupid niggers. xD
>>
odd future changed it to what white people want.

kanye tries to change it to high art rap like what his favorite clothing designers do, but fails, except MBDTF that was pretty close.
>>
>>64095136
>making money ripping off other people's music
>what is sampling
>>
>>64097764
>ripping off

implying he didnt clear the samples, pay those old washed up people huge royalties, and expose them to a brand new fanbase.
>>
Kanya west is mediocre, and white middle-America makes up 95% of his fanbase
>>
Why the fuck should a black genre be accessible to whites? Fuck off with this cultural appropriation shit. If you don't like something, don't wait for someone to make it more accessible, move on to something else. Get the fuck out of my genre.
>>
>>64095053
I love christmas day also
>>
To act like he could have "changed" the genre gives him way too much credit.
He makes generic rap. I guess he defined generic mediocre shit, and continues to influence more generic mediocre shit to this day.

And
>what white people want
He's specifically stated that his music isn't even for white people and that they need to stay out. Then again he also talks about how his music is supposed to help everyone and make everyone happy and that people don't understand how important he is? I can't wait for him to drop off the face of the earth and for you fags to quit acting like he's anything worth listening to.
>>
>>64094861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeX30XJc6Q
>>
Because he's honest about himself and his beliefs and people don't like people who are honest.
>>
>>64098898
>tfw hating Kanye means you hate America
>>
>>64094914
>'black taylor swift-tier pop 'artist'
>Implying Taylor will make anything as good as MBDTF or Yeezus
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>64101122
Man, Yeezus was his worst, 5/10 at best. MBDTF is a masterpiece though.
>>
>>64101339
I personally think Yeezus is Ye's 3rd best album but I can understand why there's so much hate. I really like the distortion and minimalist sound that he uses and I would argue that he somewhat brought the DG sound to the mainstream, which is one of my favorite artists
>>
>>64101122
Red holds up as an album. Yeezus is dated as fuck already, just embarrassing really.
>>
>>64097764
>what is sampling
In 90% of cases, blatantly ripping off someone else's art
>>
>>64094861
Most of his fans are white.
>>
>>64101122
1989 is one of the best pop albums in years. Yeezus is masturbatory garbage.
>>
I literally don't know any black people that like Kanye west. It's suburban white teenager music
>>
>>64102043
>I literally don't know any black people.

Is this also true?
>>
>>64102010
25, Froot, and Emotion were all better releases from that year alone
>>
His music is boring, except Touch The Sky which is carried by samples from much better artists. His vocal work is pretty fucking bad all the time.

And yet, him and his fans act like he's a genius,
>>
when did /mu/ decide to be contrarian retards about kanye? was it after MBDTF got a 10? or is it because you guys didn't get yeezus?
>>
White people make up the majority of his fanbase
>>
Do you not know?

We are the Devil you created.
>>
>>64102885
/mu/ is the type of crowd that has always thought that in general, rap sucks. I guess we overlooked Kanye originally because his production is decent and he was surrounded by even worse rappers. But now that people claim he's a genius and/or the new Bowie, we gotta be vocally honest about how crap he is.
>>
>>64101122
how about you kill yourself, why live if you won't suck kanyes dirty dick anyway?
>>
>>64102064
most black people really shit on kanye, fampai
>>
File: 1460430124336s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460430124336s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>64102288
>He thinks 1989 was released in 2015.

Anyways, Taylor Swift is trash and so are Adele, Marina, and Carly Rae. No amount of contrarian poptimist dogma will change that.
>>
>>64094887
>>64094874
>being pedantic

Rap is a genre, language evolves, most people recognize rap as it's own genre, get over yourselves.
>>
>>64103519
Only after Yeezus though, Black people loved his earlier stuff.
>>
>>64097682
Both left and right are white. If you think that left is black then I have bad news for you.
>>
>>64094861
>He changed rap to exactly what white people want rap to be
No he didn't

us white people prefer thug shit

eminem and shit like that is lame and boring

source: I'm white
>>
>>64094861

Actually a lot of younger white people love him.
>>
>>64095088
>"white publications shouldn't cover black music"
>racist shit

It's literally 2016 fampai don't you know you can't be racist to white people? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eTWZ80z9EE
>>
>>64094861

>I miss the old Kanye, straight from the 'Go Kanye
Chop up the soul Kanye, set on his goals Kanye
I hate the new Kanye, the bad mood Kanye
The always rude Kanye, spaz in the news Kanye
I miss the sweet Kanye, chop up the beats Kanye
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Kanye
See I invented Kanye, it wasn't any Kanyes
And now I look and look around and there's so many Kanyes
I used to love Kanye, I used to love Kanye
I even had the pink Polo, I thought I was Kanye
What if Kanye made a song, about Kanye?
Called "I Miss The Old Kanye," man that would be so Kanye
That's all it was Kanye, we still love Kanye
And I love you like Kanye loves Kanye

this song keeps me up at night. the fucking cringe! how long till he just ends it all? since ronda passed away he has been deep diving to hell
>>
>>64094861
>why do white people hate Kanye
This might be purely anecdotal but almost every white kid I've talked seems to actually love Kanye's music.

In all honesty most artists, regardless of genre, are pretty egotistical. It's kind of what happens when you develop a fanbase and have people kiss your ass constantly. However, in Kanye's case it got to a certain point where a lot of people collectivly said "yeah we get it dude, shut the fuck up for once."
>>
>>64103022
>we
Speak for yourself
>>
>>64103622
I'd rather be pedantic than wrong.
>>
>>64094861
>a little egoistic?
He's not 'a little egotistic'

And I don't mind ego but he's just really unlikeable.

And I know he's supposed to be more middle class, but if this is what the new 'black' middle class is going to be like, then fucking no thanks. Fucking tacky and aggressive and lame. His stupid cunt wife posting nudes on twitter all the time. The inexperienced douchebag saying he wants to be president, simply as an ego thing. Calling himself God etc.

He knows nothing about middle class values.

See also Beyonce trying to appeal to middle america, but can't do it without dressing like a dominatrix whore on national tv.

He's so typical of new money, waving it around everywhere, constantly shouting LOOK EVERYONE LOOK AT ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEE

Class is important. There has to be stratification. Let lower vibrational, inferior people into central positions representing the middle and everything degrades.

And I'm not talking about race - there are quality black men - he is not one of them.
>>
>>64104730
>lower vibrational
DUDE
>>
>>64104730
> but if this is what the new 'black' middle class is going to be like, then fucking no thanks.

I'm sorry but could you explain what you mean by this? Is this to imply you have the ability to prevent black people from becoming middle/upper-class in some way? That you're able to control their behaviour once they reach certain income levels due to their increased educational opportunities?
>>
>>64105021
(I'm trolling you)
>>
>>64104730
he didn't call himself God, he called himself "a god"

Eminem did the same thing and nobody cared, what gives?
>>
>>64102319
He's an innovator and has influenced the direction of mainstream hip-hop numerous times. Genius? Maybe not. But he's certainly not your run of the mill rapper/producer.

Also, why the fuck is Graduation so underrated now? People shit on tracks like Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls but almost every song on that album is 10/10 production/beat making. Fucking great album desu. It still holds up today, nearly 10 years later.
>>
>>64104347
I like it

But it should have been a bonus track
>>
File: 1460813097274.jpg (228 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1460813097274.jpg
228 KB, 2000x2000
>>64103775
>being this far in denial
>>
his music doesn't meet my requirements so just pretend he doesn't exist
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.