[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Runaway the first post-hiphop song?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Is Runaway the first post-hiphop song?
>>
>>64092241
Stop obsessing over the term post-hip hop already
>>
>>64092241
Stop obsessing over mediocre hiphop already
>>
>>64092260
Why not? We are near what the 60's and 70's were for rock music, now with hip hop. Exciting times to be alive.
>>
>>64092313
>50s-70s
>postrock existing
>>
idk, I'm not sure what post-hip hop is. Does it just mean more complex production? Then sure, Runaway is that... but it's still hip hop. No one has really taken the same style of runaway and gone with it. Kanye kind of dabbles in lots of different sounds and obviously if you've listened to Pablo he's still kind of unfocused in that respect.

The thing with hip hop is that it can pick and choose from any other genre and as long as it has some kind of beat or a rapped verse it is still hip hop.

I think all music after the late 90s is post-hip hop. Because everything from pop to indie rock to electronic has been HEAVILY influenced by it, even if that only means turning up the bass on the equalizer.
>>
>>64092313
Why do you rockist faggots always have to compare everything to rock?
>>
>>64092594
Because rock is the mother of all genres. Literally everything exists thanks to rock. Hip hop started with the Beastie Boys which sampled rock music for their beats.
>>
>>64092622
senpai...no.
>>
>>64092369
>HEAVILY influenced by it, even if that only means turning up the bass on the equalizer.
i don't think you know what heavily means
>>
>>64092748
Your mom does
>>
>>64092859
Mild kek
>>
>>64092622
>Hip hop started with the Beastie Boys
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>64092622
Hip hop started thanks to a Jamaican DJ relocating to the Bronx and adding some breaks.

Rock was completely irrelevant to hip hop.
>>
>>64092622

>Hip Hop started with the Beastie Boys
>I think hip hop was started by white people

are you serious
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>64092622
Holy shit I hope you're baiting
>>
>>64092622
lol
bait.jpg etc
>>
>>64092313
No, we're in the early 90s post-hair metal (post bling rap) right now

The 60s-70s of rap was '85-'95, '99 latest
>>
Portishead, post hip hop
>>
>>64095963

no that's just trip hop
>>
>>64095976
why can't that be post hiphop?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.