[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys listen to new music? I mean, do you just listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
How do you guys listen to new music?

I mean, do you just listen to an album once, and then move on to the next? I want to broaden my musical horizons, and I don't really know HOW I should?
>>
Apparently that's how some people listen to music, which I find weird. I don't even feel like I've really heard something until, like, I've LIVED that shit, you know? All of my favorite albums (and even some I'm not that into) I've listened to dozens or even hundreds of times, with specific moods and settings associated with each. I can't imagine it any other way.
>>
i find a couple of albums i find interesting and might like and then i'll listen to the whole album at once and save songs i like on a playlist, then re listen to them later. If i like the whole album then i'll listen to it again some other time, but if i don't like it i'll just move on most likely and maybe revisit it some day.

if you want to know how you should do it, just do it however you want really. you don't have to listen to music a certain way like how some people on this board might say. If i had to tell you though i say it's good to listen to full albums atleast.
>>
>>64090911
I just go by what I am in the mood for. Sometimes I'll spend a day relistening to albums I have heard before. Other days I'll listen to only albums I haven't heard before. And the remaining time I spend listening to stuff from the current year. It works well for me but it'll obviously be different for everyone.
>>
>>64090911
>I mean, do you just listen to an album once, and then move on to the next?

Yeah... what the fuck else would there be to it OP
>>
Hi, Op. I'm in the same boat as you; I am trying to listen to a more diverse range of music. What I browse chart threads here on /mu/, visit other sites which focus on one specific genre, or just wander down to a local skate shop and dig through their record crates. Other times I'll just hear something being played and ask what it is or have my phone figure it out for me. You could also check out what the record labels of your favorite groups have also published.
>>
>>64090911
Sharethreads are nice, found a lotta good shit there. Generally I listen to an album a bunch of times, I'll rally back and forth between two-five albums I really like. Do that for days, n' days. Then somewhere in there I'll get this urge to listen to something new. I google "similar albums to x" and find something that looks interesting, give it a listen while I get work done. Listen to it a few times, then go back to something I'm used to. Next day, listen to that new stuff. Eventually it goes into the rotation of the two-five. Repeat.
>>
just move at your own pace, everyone digests music differently, don't worry about what everyone else is doing, just try to enjoy things as you want to. If you try to keep up with other people just for the sake of keeping up with people its not gonna be a good time. That being said it can be good to force yourself to move around and not listen to the same stuff over and over, even if its hard at first it can be really rewarding to step outside of your comfort zone A LITTLE
>>
I add my favorite songs to a playlist, and play that.

Then when I can, I listen to a new album.
>>
As a rule I have anchorpoints, so artists I will listen to frequently in a timeperiod. During this time, I might listen to a few albums I've not heard before, all the while still returning to whatever artist I've got as my anchor at this point.

If I find an artist or album I love, that might become the new anchor, and I'll look around with that as my centre. In the end all the anchors I've had become the foundations of my taste e.g. albums I love
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.