[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the best frank zappa albums? all i've listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 748x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 748x422
what are the best frank zappa albums?

all i've listened to is hot rats and waka/jawaka

what else is good?
>>
uncle meat, freakout, shiek jerbouti. all classic

but since you like hot rats and waka; go listen to uncle meat
>>
>>64090348
Uncle Meat, Joe's Garage, Shiek Jerbouti, Jazz From Hell, Lumpy Gravy, & The Grand Wazoo are all worth listening to.
>>
I oddly enjoyed thing fish, it's surreal and funky
>>
One Size Fits All and Apostroph
>>
>>64090348
My favorites are Hot Rats, Apostrophe, and Overnite Sensation. Sheik Yurbouti is also good.
>>
check out the grand wazoo.

then check out burnt weeny sandwich.

then roxy & elsewhere.

then one size fits all.

then sleep dirt.

then check out his 70s comedy shit like apostrophe and over-nite sensation and sheik yerbouti.

then if you want more of the first albums listed go check out chunga's revenge.

>>64090562

but don't listen to this fucker. you'll listen to this and never want to listen to fz again. i think most zappa fans will agree it's at his lowest.
>>
>>64090875

Came here to say this. Grand Wazoo is Zappa's secret best album, especially if you were into Hot Rats and Waka/Jawaka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qomHE9NnaDk
>>
A lot of recommendations already have been posted for the following albums, but if you liked Hot Rats, you might also like Overnight Sensation, Apostrophe, Bongo Fury, Sheik Yerbuti, Lather...... You know what? that's enough for now. These are his most accessible. After you familiarize yourself with these, you'll be ready for his more far out, off the wall, experimental stuff.
>>
roxy & elsewhere, one size fits all and sheik yerbouti are masterpieces
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.