[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with this thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Jagged Little Pill (1995).jpg (345 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
Jagged Little Pill (1995).jpg
345 KB, 1425x1425
One of the biggest albums of the 90s, but why? Just sounds like some drunk bitch rambling about nothing.
>>
>>64082213
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>64082213
this thread sucks
>>
>>64082213
WELL I'M HERE!!!!
TO REMIIIIND YIEOUEW!!!
OF THE MESS SS YEWWW LEFT WHEN YOU WENT AWAEAEIIGH!
>>
>>64082213
>>64082213
>>64082213
Oughta know
>>
>>64082213
And isn't it ironic, don't you think?
>>
I gather her boyfriend cheated on her.
>>
That was what was in during the mid 90s. The post-Cobain years were weird. The record companies tried pushing either cookie cutter post-grunge with Eddie Vedder ripoffs/pissed off angsty women singers in the vein of this and Hole or signing a bunch of oddball bands to major deals like Ween/Butthole Surfers/Flaming Lips/Weezer/etc. and throwing them onto a wall to see what sticks.
>>
it's good shut the hell your mouth
>>
>>64082213
Isn't it ironic?
>>
>>64082213
IT'S LIKE RAYE-EYAAAAAIN
ON YOUR WEDDING DAY
>>
>>64082554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVJpOmaDyU
>>
>>64082547
>Weezer
>oddballs
weezer's the most generic power pop/rock ever
>>
You'd have to be a 14 year old girl in the 90s who had a poster of Kurt Cobain in your room with candles around it to appreciate that album.
>>
>>64082606
Maybe so, but their image was definitely different from the norm at the time. They were awkward geeks making 70s/80s influenced power pop music in the 90s during the peak of grunge. Normally that wouldn't be enticing for a label to take a chance on but they got lucky due to the "alternative rock" boom of labels trying to find the next Nirvana.
>>
>>64082547
Basically this. Oh how I remember.

Then Nu Metal happened. And Limp Bizkit kiled mainstream rock at Woodstock 99.
>>
>>64082547
Don't forget pop punk was a thing too with Green Day/Offspring/etc.
>>
>>64082547
>pissed off angsty women singers in the vein of this

Like Jewel?
>>
>>64082853
I just listened to You Were Meant For Me and it's a gentle acoustic tune without any noticeable angst. Completely unlike JLP.
>>
>>64082599
>It's like Amazon
>But your package never came
Last year I bought a copy of Jagged Little Pill on Amazon and it never came. Hmm
>>
They actually didn't expect this album to be a hit, just sell enough to fund the costs of producing her next record but to everyone's surprise it kept on selling and selling and selling until it reached almost 20 million copies within two years of its release.
>>
>>64082667
Rock was alive until the mid-2000s with American Idiot being the end.
>>
EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE FINE FINE FINE
CUS I GOT ONE HAND IN MY POCKET
AND THE OTHER ONE'S GIVING A HIGH FIVE
>>
Be glad if you don't live in Canada where they play this bitch on the radio nonstop thanks to the "All stations must air 60% Canadian artists at all times" rule.
>>
>>64082213
she's drunk but she's sober
>>
>>64082515
Yeah he found a new fling with a less annoying voice.
>>
>>64082213
It's what happens when a record producer tells a girl to sound like Eddie Vedder.
>>
>>64082213
OP is a fag

This album is confirmed GOAT
>>
>>64082547
Super disrespectful to Alanis eight now
>>
>>64083504
We have that same rule here in Miami
>>
>>64085511
Miami radio stations have to play 60% Canadian artists?
>>
Hay guise. I know this sounds crazy, but I think Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters and Taylor Hawkins from Alanis Morissette's old touring band are the same person. I had trouble believing it at first, but after seeing a series of pictures and quotes, I think I can conclusively say they are one and the same.
>>
Alanis Morissette went from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7afdfBHj4

to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

in 4 years. don't tell me she wasn't a product of marketing.
>>
>>64082213
oughta know is a KILLER TRACK. fight me
>>
>>64083143
Lucky you.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.