[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HIP HOP GENERAL BITCHES. What are you listening to on this fine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 14
HIP HOP GENERAL BITCHES. What are you listening to on this fine Friday night? What are you excited for? Why aren't you listening to Lil Uzi's new tape?
>>
File: C.R.E.A.M.webm (2 MB, 1598x898) Image search: [Google]
C.R.E.A.M.webm
2 MB, 1598x898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDv3iSrZHM
>>
On 365 right now. pretty good so far
>>
>>64081947
i am! bout halfway through
Baby Are You Home fuckin slaps

>>64082391
thats next. gunna smoke a fatty first
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 500x500
Bretty good album, some of Royce's best work
Guess he matured with sobriety
>>
>>64083285
yes this album is clearly very sobering

it takes itself very literally and i prefer more
>>
>>64083445
*abstract rap
>>
>>64083285
>>64083445
>>64083472
He's in his prhyme
>>
>>64083528
he could stand to be more creative on his tracks lyrically
>>
>>64083561
He probably didnt express that much on the album, but on the EP I feel he did
>>
>>64083613
he expressed plenty but his method of storytelling is to literally recount the events as they occurred instead of using wordplay and imagery
>>
>>64083893
I thought he was pretty vivid, but tracks like tabernacle he wasn't heavy on wordplay
>>
File: resize.jpg (83 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
83 KB, 600x648
>>64081947
so are you guys pretending fantano stopped existing?
wtf I never see his threads anymore did he get banned
>>
>>64083982
compare his verses to tribe called quest, chance, or kendrick even

he's very literal
>>
>>64083561
I listened to Beast Mode and lyrically he was amazing, then I listened to more of his stuff and was dissapointed.
>>
is the new Uzi tape as good as Luv is Rage? I liked that tape
>>64084026
he is a hipster faggot with shit opinions. SS3 and I'm Up a 5 and Untitled Unmastered an 8? yeah no, I don't hate Kendrick, but that's ridiculous

I'm still bumpin SS3. still AOTY

https://m.soundcloud.com/only1dram/broccoli
God damn, this track is so fucking good, this made me like Yachty
After listening to Lil Boat, it isn't a horrible album desu. too many faggots comparing him to Yung Lean, which is retarded. this nigga is hella melodic
>>
File: thediaryof.jpg (73 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thediaryof.jpg
73 KB, 1920x1080
I got this today, and Ive never heard anything like it. I haven't spent any time with Dilla, is most of his stuff as out there as this?
>>
>>64084265
>SS3 and I'm Up a 5 and Untitled Unmastered an 8? yeah no

rofl you just exposed yourself my dude

SS3 is utter trash, and im up is only slightly better

have you even listened to barter 6 by young thug? it literally takes all of his work from after that point, takes it in a bag, eats some taco bell, and shits all over its face. like if you think SS3 is good after listening to the rest of young thug's work you are an actual retard

and untitled unmastered is so beyond any of young thug save barter 6 and ICFN2

TLDR you have shit taste in hip hop
>>
>>64084265
>>64084389
These are the two perspectives of hip hop
>>
>>64084389
Not him but how the fuck can you see Im Up as slightly better than SS3. I agree that Barter 6 was by far the best thing he has ever done and probably will ever do. But comeon, Im Up was pretty shit next to two or three songs.
>>
>>64084265
>>64084389
is young thug a meme?
cant understand a word he is saying but before you guys eat me alive, atleast give me a song, or a hit to start out on. I easily get into music, the longest I've spent without getting a click is when I tried the money store for the first time
>>
>>64084525
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyCTZ8c-trc

good starting point
>>
>>64084389
um, no I actually love Barter 6, where the fuck did you get that from? I personally think it's the best rap album of the entire decade. point aside, Thug's works have more meaning than the same empty shit that Kendrick continues to put out. sure, you can claim "HE WASN'T TRYING!!" but doesn't change the fact that Kendrick's works (at least in Untilted Unmastered) are horribly mixed with mediocre production and barely passable lyrically.
SS3, meanwhile, has character, good production, decent mixing. I'm Up, while having some pretty shitty mixing, still brings it production wise and vocally. it also contains two of his more deeper tracks, F Cancer and King TROUP
>>
>>64084516

yeah im up was shit you're right, SS3 was just a bigger steamier pile of shit

im up has fewer songs and even fewer hits, but the few hits it has makes it more valuable then the lazily written SS3

special, hercules, my boys, for my people to be specific

the production on SS3 was also incredibly predictable

>>64084431
no this is one perspective on hip hop, im right he's wrong

if you dont believe me just go listen to Barter 6, Young Thug's magnum opus

the production is so key, and lyrically he is more focused
>>
>>64084558
Good song, but I don't agree. That's a song you'll appreciate when you're slimey enough

Start with I Know There's Gonna be Good Times, his feature on T.I.'s About the Money, and Old English, then go on to his classics like Check (or all of Barter 6 if you liked the previous stage), Lifestyle, and Danny Glover. If you still don't apprecaite Thugga, listen to Raw
>>
>>64084592
can i confirm that this is what you actually believe and that you are not trolling before i refute you

you said

>are horribly mixed with mediocre production and barely passable lyrically

did you listen to the album? that's objectively wrong my friend
>>
>>64084723
*untitled unmastered
>>
>>64084723
yep besides 5 and 6 production wise, and 3 sorta lyrically, they're all mediocre and definitely worse than SS3
>>
L E V I T A T E
E
V
I
T
A
T
E
>>
>>64084592
both SS2 and Barter 6 are far emotionally deeper then the shallow money talk on SS3, and the banter on Im Up
>>
File: 1460767541808s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460767541808s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
this is noided
>>
>>64084796
Somebody said you bumped your head and bled the flow...

Why you wanna see a good man with a broken heart?

name one young thug song better than this

you fucking cant
>>
>>64084836
What is this? Ive been seeing it all night
>>
>>64084896
New Spark Master Tape project. Its fucking amazing get on that shit boy. And all of his mixtapes
>>
>>64084807
I never said that tho, my Thugga rankings go
Barter 6> Slime Season 3>Slime Season>Slime Season 2>1017 Thug>ICFN 1-3>I'm Up> 1017 Thug 2-3>everything else
SS2's high points are better than SS1 and 3, but has too many boring tracks on the track

and everything Thug's done is more enjoyable done Untitled Unmastered. Don't think im dissin Kendrick, i respect him, but that tape is so fucking overrated. Only white hipster faggots even like that tape
>>
>>64084836
hesitant to listen to this because syrup splash was such literal garbage

>>64084786
if you think the organic instrumentation on untitled unmastered, the strings, the backup vocals ,the warm organic sound is not better then some nigger fucking around in Logic Pro with loops and samples and programming hi hat triplets with a kick and a snare on every 3rd beat then you have shit taste bud
>>
>>64084786
name a young thug song you think is well produced and ill name a better kendrick lamar song that is better produced

listen to untitled 08 by kendrick with thundercat on the production that song donald trumps the fuck out of any thug production
>>
>>64084922
First track in, liking the sound but why the deep-voice-anonymity gimmick?
>>
>>64085093
it's not a gimmick, he just wants to remain anonymous
>>
>>64084980
besides 3 tracks on that tape, none of the others met that quality level production

meanwhile, Thugga and London on da Track create a cohesive mixtapes that manages to synthesize London's vibrant production with the soft and harmonic voice that Thugga has, and manages to create a variety of different tracks from it, ranging with bangers that like With Them to Drippin where Thugga shows his sick flow and his ability to switch up things in a track.
also, F Cancer and King TROUP is more meaningful than anything on that shit tape
>>
>>64084980
SWOUP Serengeti was a big step up from Syrup Splash
>>
>>64085049
Check
>>
>>64084389
>>64084592
>rofl ummm like hehe like umm like like ummm
>>>reddit
stop talking like a little faggot and stating your shitty opinions while talking like one
>>
>>64084933
kendrick has so much more content in his lyrics

when young thug raps he is just trying to rhyme and possibly say something funny

kendrick has a purpose and a reason to be holding the microphone, and a larger point that he is trying to convey

his grand idea in art is much larger and richer portrait of the soul then young thug

Now, your rankings

heres mine

Barter 6> ICNF2> Slime Season 2> 1017 Thug>I'm Up> Slime Season> Slime Season 3> everything else

slime season 2's high points reach heights that are not reached in SS3, its a step back from the freedom of sound that he had in SS2 whereas SS3 feels very constricted in terms of the format of the beats and thug's flow as well as his lyrical content
>>
>>64084980
>thinks Untitled Unmastered is good
>thinks Syrup Splash is trash
you need some tongue surgery
Untitled Unmastered is exactly what the title implies, untitled and unmastered pieces of trash
>>
>>64085159
Eh, I like this tape so far tho
>>
>>64085194
you are just making shit up lol

young thug's soft and harmonic voice? what the fuck are you on about

you sound like you are reiterating why you think it SHOULD be good instead of telling me why it is ACTUALLY good

F Cancer is not meaningful

he mentions boosie's name literally once in the intro then spits

i fuck your main bitch i give her cooties

get it, all my niggas yeah they with hit
cuz these pussy niggas hatin

you dont understand what makes a young thug track meaningful or not

Can't Tell on Barter 6 is a meaningful track
>>
>>64085214
its not better then untitled 08, untitled 02, untilted 07 or any song off kendrick's new album
>>
>>64085049
>>64085256
Kendrick dick-riding is too real. Don't act like TPAB/untitled unmastered even come close to GKMC.
>>
>>64085256
while I agree with Kendrick's songs overall being better lyrically, I think F Cancer and King TROUP (two songs from a tape tha Fantano rater lower than Untitled Unmatsered because he is a hipster faggot) just completely blow out that tape. F Cancer, despite unlike what the memes tell you, is actually a very powerul song against cancer and King TROUP is a raw and vivid reality of what the poor niggas live in and how sometimes you just needa grow past it
>>
>>64085379
Can this "F Cancer has nothing to do with cancer" meme die already? Young Thug is a musical genius, he knows what he is doing. F Cancer is probably one the most empowering songs of this decade, combating the deep subject matter of cancer with an outlandish analogy few are seeming to comprehend. Perhaps one needs to listen to this piece from a different mindset. In the track F Cancer, Young Thug isn't just rapping about the typical rap tropes often presented in the genre. Instead, Young Thug stands bravely against cancer by making an impactful track that demonstrates the beauty of a cancer-free life. He utilizes commonly used rap tropes to strengthen his message that cancer will not stop an individual from living life to the fullest extent. It not only demonstrates the strength of victims like Boozie,
but it emphasizes the point that cancer will never stifle the well-being of an individual.

Young Thug manages to make a playful track, melodically, rhythmically, and lyrically, that in turn produces a spontaneous response against cancer. His creative outtake on the subject matter, from the high-spirited beat to the lively music video, encourages and empowers cancer victims to fight on against the diseases, as cancer will never get the best of the true beauties of life.
>>
>>64084265
I respect your taste, anon. I love Lil Yachty. Favorite off of Lil Boat? Mine were 1Night and Fucked Over.
>>
>>64085415
Your opinion
If you don't like trap (obviously you don't) listen to Raw. His song. Great production. Off of SS2
>>
>>64085477
Up Next 2, 1 Night, and Minnesota for me
>>
>>64085277
oh i get it now

you want to listen to ignorance and niggerdom in your rap or else it isnt edgy enough

an intelligent man spitting truth for what it is and creating art in sound with his soul is actually becoming the mainstream now, so it is cool and hipper to enjoy p4k drone rap i.e
future, young thug, etc. rap about drug abuse

ive listened to hip hop my whole life though so im not trying to be trendy like you, i am actually just concerned with the quality of the music and you are simply trying to trend with the newest least known aesthetic

the truth of kendrick' superiority is clouded by your need to feel different or you are just foolishly giving into the facade of edgy gangster rappers thinking that there is more to be understood but not understanding that those rappers have a very shallow artistic mind
>>
>>64085512
SHEIT, forgot about Up Next 2.
>>
>>64085416
>points out kendrick dick riding
>" hey guys watch me ride his dick now!"
>>
>>64085525
You're calling out ignorance and niggerdom as being "edgy", while you parade around and flaunt your pseudo-intellectualism for listening to someone "spitting truth". Ok.
>>
>>64082391
Spark is so great
>>
>>64085553
How is making that comparison dick-riding? Dick-riding is when people praise the latest thing Kendrick does like it's the next direction hip-hop NEEDS to go in. In reality, Kendrick's recent work is undeserving of its praise and he is nowhere near the spokesperson of rap that people make him out to be.
>>
>>64085424
your fixation on both those songs is so odd because those are the worst songs on the mixtape

Fantano has listened to way more music than you and in this case i agree with him 100%

http://genius.com/Young-thug-f-cancer-lyrics

these are the lyrics to f cancer

not once does he mention cancer, its just the title of the song you little weiner

i know so much more about hip hop than you this conversation is like walking a dog on a leash and im holding the leash
>>
>>64085622
dick-riding is undeserved praise

untitled unmastered is really good and deserves praise, kendrick isnt the next direction of hip hop, he is already at the forefront of the "next" direction

anons are trying to belittle a work of art that they never even listened to because they assume everything is hype and that nothing of quality can ever actually exist

the whole album is very good, i dont like all of kendrick's guitar improv and thats it
>>
>>64085622
name a better contemporary rapper than kendrick lamar
>>
>>64085643
>>64085448
come on, in the music video, you can see Boozie's transition and his fight against cancer, while strongly pointing the middle finger at cancer by enjoying life rather than making cancer his bitch. You're logic is retarded. That's like saying Ulysses isn't based off of the Odyssey because it doesn't mention Homer's work every five lines. It would be weak if he just raped about "damn Boozie a brave nigga surviving that chemo." Certainly more creative than anything Kendrick has said
>>
>>64085785
*making himself (Boozie) cancer's bitch
>>
>>64085785
why the fuck are you bringing up the Odyssey?

>if he just raped

>You're logic is retarded.
yet nowhere in this supposed deep anthem against the tragedy of cancer does he even reference or talk about cancer

its a song about money and bitches dingus
>>
>>64085734
>untitled unmastered is not bad because it is good!
>XD

>>64085755
This is tough because I never said Kendrick isn't a great rapper. GKMC is seriously a masterpiece, so his later work pales in comparison. Anyway, Joey and Mick are two people off top.
>>
>>64085755
>>64085871
Maybe even Chance.
>>
>>64085859
it's about beating cancer and enjoying a cancer free life

he doesn't need to mention cancer every line in order for it to be about cancer

James Joyce's work is obviously based off of Homer's the Odyssey, but he doesn't fucking mention the plot of it every single time. Does that mean it isn't based off of Homer's work? No. Like Thugga, James Joyce is actually smart and knows how to create a piece of art that's suited for those with high comprehension skills. Uncreative fucks like Kendrick have to lay out everything in order to get a point across
>>
>>64085871
>untitled unmastered is not good because it is bad! XDDDDD

Joey doesn't have a better album then GKMC or TPAB but i could say that his literal "flow" of his words and speed of his raps rival or succeed kendrick but his artistic vision is dwarfed by the mind of kendy
>>
>>64085525
Wew.
Thanks for the laugh m8, I had a nice giggle at this.
It's funny how you mention you've listened to hip hop for lots of years and yet, you are still implying hip hop has to sound a certain way for it to actually "mean something"
do you think I care that you've been listening to hip hoppity your whole life?
did you mention that because you thought it would add some weight to your argument?
did you expect me to send you a prize and give you a pat in the back?
its obvious you've only listened to like 1 track off Syrup Splash if you think Spark isn't spitting from his soul and heart
>>
>>64085939
Too bad you asked for better rappers and not artists then, huh?
>>
>>64085871
mick jenkins < kendrick

mick has pseudo artistic ad libs that bother me as well like the meaningless water and alchemy shit

>>64085898
Chance would be a fair argument but he really only has acid rap to pit up agianst the great works of kendy, and not enough discography to really match him

so kendrick is still the superior contemporary imo, however chance is someone who could possibly succeed kendrick in the near future

and no, Surf does not trump TPAB because it is a much less organized idea overall
>>
>>64086029
>rappers are not artists

okay motorhead
>>
>>64085995
i listened to Syrup Splash in its entirety about 4-5 times, its meme rap bud not special at all

when the art and lyrics relies on memes from previous works of art

"never gave a fuck about a bitch...swag"

not giving a fuck about women is a meme from early gangster rap and is insisted on in this hook as a cultural reference

thats an example of what makes meme rap memey and it is epitomized by rappers like yung lean

i dont like meme rap
>>
>>64085755
all of them
>>
>>64086159
>not giving a fuck about women

*themes of misogyny are an apparent cultural meme in hip hop
>>
>>64085938
>he doesn't need to mention cancer every line in order for it to be about cancer

cancer is never referenced in the song

http://genius.com/Young-thug-f-cancer-lyrics
>>
>>64086159
following that logic "muh black oppression" is also a meme from early rap, and is optimized by literally every rapper right now
(including Kendrick)
i dont like meme rap
>>
this a cringe thread now?
>>
>>64086093
I never implied that. You explicitly asked for rappers, which implies that you care more about the technical proficiency including flow, lyrics, delivery, blah blah. If you wanted to talk about artistic endeavors, you could have just asked, anon. No need to be so retarded.
>>
>>64086270
sadly, and all because of that Kendrick fag
>>
>>64086237
Did you fucking read this at all
>>64085448
>>
>>64086249
however its applicable to modern day society giving it worth and value, whereas callbacks and meaningless references to bitch hoes pussy niggas drugs killing are just to fill empty space

all hip hop is essentially a meme this is known to /mu/, but there is a difference between a meme that in turn solicits a bigger idea and a meme that exists for its own sake i.e. "swag"

the genre of meme rap is a genre of ironic rap that exists for its own sake without producing much of an original thought at all, just taking from the genre and its previous works
>>
>>64086346
Except it's not. It's an excuse that blacks like to use. At least the lean sippin niggas are being honest
>>
>>64086281
are you off one mate? rappers are artists and are one in the same, if i am speaking about a rapper's verse i am simultaneously speaking of his artistic endeavors, cuckold boy
>>
Putting aside this shitshow,
>Favorite hip-hop artists right now?
>>
>>64082391
this shit is fucking INCREDIBLE.

I'll mever understand why mu doesn't like spark
>>
>>64086397
Young Thug
Desiigner is my fav newcomer
>>
BALL SO HARD MOTHERFUCKERS WANNA FIND ME
>>
>>64086394
You must be retarded. What are the metrics by which you compare a rapper to an artist and vice versa? Is Kanye a better artist than Lupe Fiasco? I would say so in terms of vision and evolution of his music, but Lupe is a better rapper. Who, then, is better?
>>
>>64086397
Pusha T, Royce da 5'9", Elzhi, Kxng Crooked, Kendrick, Lupe, Game
>>
>>64086299
i read it and it's absolutely ridiculous, you make things up and consistently pull things out of your ass when describing his music to make it sound more appealing

anybody can title their song F Cancer and have it automatically be about cancer then

its not impressive, creative, artistic, empathetic, it is lazy

he named the song F Cancer as if he was going to actually sit down and write a song, but then you listen to the song and he NEVER REFERENCES CANCER. it is not about cancer the lyrics are banter about how young thug thinks he is the greatest living human and how he loves to fuck it is not fucking about cancer idiot

and its like that because young thug doesnt even sit down to write his verses on im up or SS3 and you can tell he is spitting of the dome and it is far worse

he doesnt know how to write a song where he can rap and simultaneously convey an idea for instance the gruesome sentiment of cancer
>>
>>64086346
>just taking from the genre and its previous work
why are you still trying to argue, this is exactly what Kendrick does
at least Syrup Splash has innovative production and a different sound overall, and some meaningful songs that you probably don't even know about because as I mentioned before you haven't listened to the tape as you supposedly claim you have since you claim its all about "muh swag"
>>
>>64084836
HHAOTYSF whoever producers for spark is a fucking GOD
>>
>>64086397
Lil B

>>64086568
Paper Platoon is the producer
I'm not sure if it's just Sparks' producing alias
>>
>>64086448
because, almist every hip hop listener on /mu/ is a pretentious fuckwad, and a hipster

just look at this faggot:
>>64086346
>>64086159
>>64086055
>>64085734
>>64085525
>>
>>64086482

>Who, then, is better?

that is a false dichotomy because they are one in the same, you dont judge the technical skill of a singer on a song alone, you judge the song as a whole

you are preying on the semantics of the word rapper and artist when you mean to simply say you prefer Kanye as an artist. We are judging music and art as a whole, not just its idiosyncracies such as a specific vocal style
>>
>>64086621
yeah
whoever he has do his music videos is brilliant too
Spark is one of the best music projects of all time desu
>>
>>64086558
stop telling me i havent listened to the tape idiot i listened to it

are you in that much disbelief that your shitty rap that you love so much is actually shitty and you have a very small window into the world of hip hop music?

>innovative production

you are describing kendrick not Spark master
>>
>>64086688
yeah read all of my posts and learn from your shit taste
>>
is ANYONE in this shitty general not from reddit
jesus
>>
>>64086819
>Kendrick innovative
have a nice day anon, I'm done with you
there's nothing innovative about Kendrick, not his production, not his flow, not his lyrics, absolutely nothing
have a nice day
>>
>>64081947
what is the name of this album, the art is sick.
>>
>>64087109
reverse image search you fucking mongrel
>>
>>64087013
you think its not innovative because he has become the definition, the industry standard

the curve of his artistic influence on the hip hop game has already felt its full flux and the entire genre and every rapper in it as been affected by his storytelling

GKMC left a permanent mark (as did TPAB), and changed commercial rap as whole if that's not innovative nothing is
>>
Go listen to Untitled 05 by Kendrick Lamar and tell me his words don't speak louder then any of his contemporaries

Kendrick being the best rapper alive doesn't make any one else any worse..
>>
>>64088650

im not the guy you are responding to but kendrick lamar is fucking shit

happy jackie robinson day nigger
>>
>>64088817
you're a plebian
>>
>>64088817
Name one mainstream rapper thats better than Kendrick
>>
>>64088925
J. Cole
>>
>>64088979
J.Cole is the most boring and overrated rapper right now. Born Sinner is his only good album. Everything else is very average. He does nothing innovative or spectacular
>>
is spark master tape white? he is literally just imitating chief keef
>>
>>64088650
no he hasn't
do yourself a favor , get that dick out of your mouth, and take those african goggles off
kendrick isn't shit, he's nothing special and definitely not innovative
>>
>>64089049
2014 Forest hills drive was exactly spectacular and innovative
>>
>>64089109
No one knows.
And he "literally" isn't imitating Chief Keef, you're just retarded.
>>
>>64089139
ok pleb
>>
>>64089182
he is a white guy toning his voice down like lil ugly mane and spitting a chief keef flow with similar vapid lyrics
>>
>>64086547
except it's not
the video is a clear indication of this
the video is a transition of Boosies fight with cancer into his F Cancer which the story takes off with. when youre done with cancer, you're not gonna fucking rap about how painful it was or how shitty being in the hospital was, you're gonna forget about the cancer as Boosie was able to beat it. The song was a tribute to how cancer would not define who he was, and instead he was gonna do what Boosie loves to do, as he doesn't have cancer as he is able to enjoy life to the fullest extent. The fact that Young Thug is there to say F Cancer, it's not gonna take down Boosie, just goes to show what a real nigga Thugga is
>>
>>64089223
>spitting a Chief Keef flow
>>
>>64089257
if only young thug put as much effort into his songwriting as you do for him
>>
>>64089328
okay well its bad

track 2 has what you call a chief keef flow
>>
>>64089223
No one knows if he's a white guy I already fucking told you you fucking moron. To add to your retardation, you mention he has a Chief Keef flow.
He tones his voice down because he wants to remain anonymous, Lil Ugly Mane does it for a different reason, and on OA it was barely pitched down.
>>
>>64089371
not even close to a Chief Keef flow, you need some q tips senpai
>>
>>64089380
he wants to remain anonymous because he is a white guy and doesn't want to get his assblasted for claims of cultural appropriation because he is unlike other white rappers who don't have to hide and can be themselves in the spotlight because they are original artists and not just talentless hacks that jack the style of other rappers

>inb4 run on sentence lrn2read
>>
if you seriously think kendrick lamar, one of the most famous artists in hip hop is the best, you are a fucking pleb.

it's like calling eminem the best in the early 00's.
>>
>>64089437
>its popular so its not good

you're a hipster
>>
>>64089341
Thugga is an unpredictably guy. Sometimes I'd like to think that he is just an accidental music genius that is a master at harmonizing

http://pitchfork.com/features/overtones/9727-chaos-theory-the-glorious-unpredictability-of-young-thug/
>>
>>64089453
ive listened to every song he's ever made

he's no genius
>>
>>64089380
>He tones his voice down because he wants to remain anonymous

lol yeah i'm sure half of his listeners will hear his real voice and be like "holy shit i can't believe its jeff from third period!"
>>
>>64087109
It's literally just art from the Scott Pilgrim comics, but everyone's black instead of white
>>
>>64084836
Stop shilling
>>
>>64089506
its shit
>>
File: lil-yachty-lil-boat.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lil-yachty-lil-boat.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
Fucking horrible. I don't know why rappers think autotune sounds good.
>>
>>64089435
maybe. but who knows, because again, his identity remains anonymous
and according to people who actually know him, he went to jail and that's why his album was delayed from 2013 to 2016
>>
>>64084860
yesss thank you untitled 05 is underrated as hell. first time ive seen someone else appreciate it. dont bring thugger into this tho
>>
>>64089501
who knows why he wants to remain anonymous, but he just does
>>
>>64089477
You're just not slimey enough and you don't understand the culture
>>
>>64081947
because lil uzi is shit and im waiting for vft6 and new schoolboy listening to these walls
>>
>>64089602
because he's jeff from fucking third period retard
>>
>>64089591
the organic instrumentation on that track is beautiful

plebs will fail to realize this and shill overhyped trap producers
>>
>>64086456
>Desiigner
Literally just a worse version of Future. I seriously don't get this meme, can someone explain why people like this style stealing bitch?
>>
>>64089608
im black fucking idiot i can understand rhythm
>>
>>64089628
you only say that because it's in a kendrick song
kendrick shills are out full force tonight, just look at this thread, jesus
>>
>>64089653
panda's a banger man but i do get what your saying he'll be a one hit wonder if he keeps it
>>
>>64089677
how about you listen to the song?

look at this fucking shill, you dont even know what im talking about

im referring the the orchestra the piano and the trumpets and the vocals the raw instrumentation it is organic and beautiful
>>
>>64089660
you're not slimey enough tho. You can be black, but not be slimey
>>
>>64089766
i love young thug, I'm Up and SS3 are just fucking garbage
>>
>>64089701
I have listened to it, and yOU're the one shilling
>>
can we all at least agree that king troup by thugga is a fuckin banger

I've been bumpin that shit nonstop
>>
>>64089766
listen, im black and i am very close to my culture i know how to talk and act dirty when im amongst the right people.. i know how to dance really fucking well i have rhythm and style that white boys try to emulate. they style young thug emulates originates from black culture. I'm Up does not hold up in Thug's discography very well and SS3 belongs in the trash with 1017 thug 3
>>
>>64089766
I'm always slimey inside your mother junior
>>
>>64089893
you are anti-shilling and therefore shilling nonetheless

did you enjoy the track?
>>
>>64089698
I'll admit Panda does bang but I can't respect him as a new artist when he just rips someone's flow like that. The only other track I heard with him on it is Finesse and its the same shit with him tryna be Future again. He can't even just help himself to his sound, he stays rapping about xans and syrup.
>>
>>64089905
do you also know what's the perfect temperature to fry chicken to?
and also what's the best angle to cut the watermelon from?
I'm serious, I'm having a picnic party and I'm planning on bringing homemade fried chicken, watermelon and an assortment of other edible items.
I need to know this, and also does a fried chicken sandwich taste good?
I don't know if I should do Fried Chicken sandwich or Fried Chicken over Chow Mein from a good chinese place
Also bringing in some Canada Dry, Cupcakes, and some Carne Asada from my beaner friend
>>
File: homepage_large.aa41439d.jpg (91 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.aa41439d.jpg
91 KB, 319x319
>>64089898
see king troup is actually deep and sentimental whereas F cancer is not

king troup is good because is young thug in an emotive mood that doesn't get to shine through on the rest of the mixtape

i very heavily recommend Sicko Mobb if you are a true fan of young thug

how do you feel about lil Wayne?
>>
>>64089922
IT. WAS. ALRIGHT. SENPAI.
>>
>>64089986
i know how to beat the fuck out of a pussy white boy
>>
>>64090012

http://genius.com/Kendrick-lamar-untitled-05-09212014-lyrics

check that 3rd verse

the whole song is outstanding lyrically and anna wise on the hook is beautiful imo because her words speak to me personally
>>
>>64089996
I listened to some of super saiyan vol 2 by sicko mobb a while ago, I enjoyed around half the songs. Lil wayne was the first rapper I really listened to, so he'll always be the goat for me
>>
>>64090011

>>64090065

was meant for this guy
>>
>>64090068
around half of vol 2 is good so yeah

vol 3 is out on their soundcloud and its an improvement

lil wayne shaped the face of commercial rap and paved the way into the drake era
>>
>>64090065
you do you anon, but I think its shit
its not like my opinion matters
>>
>>64090130
Aight I'll give it a listen later, bumpin this lil uzi vert right now.

Yeah, wayne is a legend. His consistency is crazy and i dont think anybody can get me hype like him, I was pretty mad when i heard about the whole birdman thing
>>
>>64090232
no your opinion doesn't matter because you don't make it matter

it would be more fun to talk about if you actually presented a reason or a thought process behind why you dont like him instead of just dissenting my every valid opinion
>>
>>64090253
this is my first time listening to uzi im excited

where's the boy from
>>
i feel like im against the world rn
>>
>>64090343
philly

hope you're listening to luv is rage rather than the new tape
>>
>>64090439
nope. NEW! NEW! NEW!
>>
>>64090478
yawn, enjoy its good but luv is rage is miles ahead of it
>>
>>64090504
>>64090478

now now, you boys calm down. We can all enjoy bangers, regardless of which tape they're from. That's the true hip-hop spirit. But fuck nicki minaj
>>
>>64090504
Im on Money Longer, very fire
i will certainly listen to luv is rage

She call me Daddy
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-15-15-33-45.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-15-15-33-45.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>64086397
Lil Yachty and Denzel Curry
>>
>>64086397
Da$h, Kendick, Anderson. PAk, dvsn
>>
>>64086489
you should've just said Elzhi, kendrick, Lupe

elmatic was ridiculous
>>
>>64086489
you , man , have some taste
>>
>>64089653
Honestly Desiigner's flow is exponentially better than Future's, dude can genuinely rap. His ceiling is much higher.

He goes off in Panda right after the part that's in FSMH2. Future couldn't do what he did there.

https://twitter.com/daytonflores/status/718217409186779136

Future couldn't flow like this. Desiigner is the better rapper.
>>
>>64081947
I love P's & Q's it gives off a spongebob accordion feel.
>>
>>64089653
Honestly, I feel as though Desiigner is a more refined version of future. His flow is tighter and he has arguably better bars.
>>
What's the last lines that made you take a step back and go damn...

>It's like I'm sitting in a box inside of a bigger box built of cinder blocks interlocked with a mortar to fortify the border, sometimes I like to hide in it, I'm probably gonna die it, for now I'll live in it and keep thinking outside of it

>It's like an exorcist twists my neck and make me look back and remember things that I wish I took back

>I want you so bad I cried twice in one tear

>It was all a dream. I used to read life sucks, die.
>>
>>64093882
>Robust?
>>
>>64094033
First line yeah, been looking for more of his shit but everything is dead and there's nothing in the /mu/ archives
>>
>>64093579
lmaooo yes. i heart it there. the song is even more lit if u imagine spangbob dancing to this
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 658x658
Been bumping Earl Sweatshirt and Burial. Good and weird music for the night.
>>
Hip hop is conceptually the weakest type of music. It's just samples from superior tracks and when it's not sampled, it was a beat that was made under 5 minutes on a computer that wasn't even made by the artist that raps on it but gets more credit anyway.
>>
Favourite releases of 2016 so far:

WESTSIDE GUNN - FLYGOD
WestSide Gunn and The Purist - Roses Are Red... So Is Blood
Kendrick Lamar - Untitled Unmastered
J-Zone - Fish n' Grits

Any reccomendations?
>>
>>64096154
Slime Season 3 - Young Thug
I'm Up - Young Thug
>>
>>64089223
>chief keef flow
are you deaf?
>>
i need more songs like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiG8vCIXLmY
>>
Has anybody heard the new spark master tape?
>>
>>64096924
Reminds me of Earl Sweatshirt, but better
Im mostly trap shit, but thanks for posting this.
>>
Fucking faggot hip-hop thread.
>>
ever rapper that has ever gone or ever will go full mainstream goes stale eventually
like a stale meme
>>
>>64096964
don't you know? you are only allowed to discuss young thug, drake, kendrick, and future in this general
>>
>>64081947
Is it any better than Luv Is Rage though?
>>
>>64084389
SS3 and I'm Up fuckin slap you noodle pseudo - intellectual cuck
>>
>>64098909
not even close
>>
File: beastie_boys_check_your_head.jpg (168 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
beastie_boys_check_your_head.jpg
168 KB, 900x900
what do you guys think of this album?
>>
>>64098969
i think that its a 7/10 love beastie boys but could never get into this one. Paul's boutique is GOAT though
>>
>>64099029
im the opposite, i love this album, and i think Paul's Boutique is a great album with some amazing songs, but overall i think there is a lot of filler... i just dont see the acclaim for it... songs like Barrel of a Gun and Egg Man
>>
>>64096964
Yea it's fucking great
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.