[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is The King of Limbs rated so low? Did it just suck? Is Radiohead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: ss (2016-04-15 at 04.33.49).jpg (30 KB, 293x292) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-15 at 04.33.49).jpg
30 KB, 293x292
Why is The King of Limbs rated so low? Did it just suck? Is Radiohead finally starting to go down the drain? Or were people just like not expecting it and it was underwhelming
>>
>>64076761
radiohead's always sucked
>>
>>64076777
I respect digits, but this is just unfactual
>>
It sucked. And why is HTTT rated so highly? That's one of their worst.
>>
>>64076761
I personally didn't care for it
>>
>>64076793
HTTT is a top tier album. literally everything this band did from 1995-2007 is essential.

yes TKOL was weak as fuck that's why it's low.
>>
it was good but relatively speaking, its only better than pablo, maybe better than httt. that said, if lp9 is as good as tkol I'll be very pleased. specially if they release another from the basement like that one, holy shit
>>
>>64076761
3.31 isn't that low but yeah it's hella mediocre
>>
>>64076868
HTTT is their worst album
>>
(op here, even though i have no proof lol)

do you think that their upcoming album even has a chance of getting >4?
>>
>>64077036
>there there
>2+2=5
>a wolf at the door
>myxomatosis
>sail to the moon
>where I end and you begin

nah it ain't their worst album
>>
>>64077161
even if LP9 was better than both ok computer and kid a it would never receive a score over four on RYM, at least not for a couple of years.
>>
>>64076761
Because every song except Codex sucks balls and every other Radiohead album is better, except for maybe Pablo Honey
>>
Because it's not as accessible.
>>
>>64076761
yes, TKOL just fucking sucks. i'm really really really hoping thom is done with his post african bleep bloop shit and they make something good.
>>
>>64076761
It's good but it only has 1 'great' track whereas their other albums have several. So yeah, it's underwhelming.
>>
>>64076761
It's a pretty alright record, I don't think Radiohead is getting worse or anything I feel like they've been quite consistent. Aside from HTTT 2000-2007 had their best albums.
>>
>>64076761
It's their least impressive album since Pablo Honey
>>
>>64077288
It's more accessible then Amnesiac/Kid A
>>
lotus flower, separator, codex are all excellent songs. The rest is average. Better than the bends and pablo honey
>>
personally i like TKOL a lot, separator is one of my favourite radiohead songs
>>
>>64077036

the only reason people see it as weak is because it doesn't function well as an album but the individual songs are top fucking tier bro
>>
>>64077036
pleb af
>>
>>64076761
>In Rainbows and The Bends better than Amnesiac

How can people take rym seriously.
>>
>>64077790
it's way way less accessible than kid A. amnesiac i could see an argument for but i still disagree.
>>
>>64077161
It doesn't have that low of a chance really. If it's released and literally everyone is raving about the score will be fucking high, especially if it's better than in rainbows
>>
>>64077790
Kid A is the most inaccessible album I've heard. The first half of the album is probably one of the most challenging musical experiences anyone will ever go through in their early explorations. TKOL is inaccessible but not as much.
>>
>>64081499
It's really not. Kid A is fucking challenging. There are three reasons: instrumentation, melody, and atmosphere. You look at the first half of Kid A: it relies almost solely on beats, keyboards, and programming. The National Anthem is chaotic, atonal, and has a repetitive, heavy bassline. How to Disappear Completely has a really dissonant string arrangement. Treefingers is literally just an ambient piece. Kid A (the song) features really manipulated, horrific vocals. TKOL is way, way more accessible due to the fact that it's got Thom's natural voice, more melody, and more humanity to it in the lyrics and in the instrumentation. So don't ever, ever say TKOL is way less inaccessible: you're wrong everytime.
>>
>>64081971
agreed, pretty new to radiohead and i like TKOL more than Kid A. Kid A is prob my least favorite desu
>>
File: 1459910615846.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459910615846.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>64081971
>Kid A is the most inaccessible album I've heard. The first half of the album is probably one of the most challenging musical experiences anyone will ever go through in their early explorations.
>>
>>64082150
autocorrect t b h to desu wtf is this shit
>>
>>64082285
Why do you think people have been using tbqh desu
>>
>>64077228
>myxomatosis
uh are you fucking serious dude that whole shit sounds like fucking zippers. worst song ive ever heard in my life
>>
>>64082172
well yeah he's an idiot but i guess some of the opening tracks are kinda weird
>>
>>64081971
>>64082117
>people actually think Kid A is challenging
kek, Kid A is the album that got me into radiohead. The title track is the only song on the whole album that is even remotely inaccesible. I enjoyed National Anthem and How to Disapppear on my first listen through more than any other tracks and i was like a 15 year old linkin park fan at the time

In Rainbows, Amnesiac, and TKOL are all less accesible than Kid A, IMO
>>
>>64082172
stop laughing at my waifu
>>
>>64082485
this so hard
kid A is babby shit, TKOL needs more time to settle in (yet is still ultimately shit).
>>
lol theres fucking nothing inaccessible about radiohead its literally one of the biggest bands in the fucking world you're all dumb as fuck
>>
>>64082485
This really.

But it's not like Radiohead is very inaccessible at all.
>>
>>64082427
I'm not an idiot. The opening tracks aren't weird. They're beautiful in a depressing, painful way.

>>64082485
I'm talking about regular people. The kids in high school who don't listen to that type of music. You're the exception. Me personally, going from OKC to Kid A was fucking hard: I couldn't find a melody to hold onto, nor could I grasp onto guitar-oriented arrangements. I wasn't used to electronic music. EIIRP fucked my shit up, as did National Anthem and Idioteque. I enjoy and like them now, but I'm not going to say that they were easy to understand and appreciate. I guarantee if I showed any of that album to kids in high school, most of them would be repulsed by it like I was at first.

>>64082526
TKOL is really not shit: it's just not as good as Kid A as an album. And again, Kid A is NOT babby shit, this feels like bait: if you look at all the influences it combines, you kind of realize how complex it is -- krautrock (Can), 20th century classical (Penderecki, Messiaen), IDM (Aphex Twin, Autechre), jazz (Mingus, Davis). I mean for a rock band to go from Creep to Kid A, or even fucking OKC to Kid A, is impressive on a technical scale. Not to mention it's just a solid and important album.
>>
>>64082485

i'm a fucking weirdo then because i find the title track to be really peaceful and relaxing, even when the drums come in.

i'd say idioteque, national anthem, and maybe others on the album are less accessible than the t/t.

also, i don't know how the fuck in rainbows could possibly be considered less accessible than kid a
>>
>>64082765
They're probably baiting. In Rainbows is probably the most accessible album in their discography next to The Bends

>>64082546
Kid A is pretty inaccessible for beginners. You have to step outside /mu/ and think about people who only listen to pop singles
>>
>>64082737
i know they had a bunch of influences from more complex genres than what they were making, but these influences don't make kid A more complex than it already isn't.
>>
I started to enjoy TKOL when understood the concept of polyrhythms
From there I cant stop listening to it and find it fascinating
>>
>>64082987
This is something that plebs wouldn't understand, but Radiohead is actually pretty good if you listen to it "theorically"
>>
>>64082869
You need to listen to National Anthem, Idioteque, and Everything in its Right Place.
>>
>>64083135
i've listened to them... national anthem is sorta difficult to get into i guess? the other two are super accessible.
>>
>>64077161
Not a chance, it will be a huge disappointment and it will get a low 3, Radiohead is over unfortunately.
>>
>>64076761
It's garbage.
>>
>>64076761
>In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief rated above The King of Limbs
what the actual fuck
just goes to show how much impact site's like pitchfork have on people's taste
>>
>tfw kanye and AnCo dropped mediocre albums this year
>Radiohead is next

/mu/core is dead
>>
>>64084673
>anco and kanye have released albums this year
>swans, death grips, and radiohead are coming
there is only one member of the meme-six left who need to release an album this year... please god
>>
>>64084950
Who?
>>
>>64082806
what the fuck are you talking about you fucking idiot "inacessible for beginners?" dude fucking radiohead is literally one of the biggest bands in the fucking world regardless u fucking idiot. they're fucking HUGE there's nothing inaccessible about them. especially their most celebrated works.
>>
>>64086811
also "for beginners" LMFAO what in the fuck are you talking about radiohead is nearly as known as the fucking beatles & beach boys "people who listen to only pop singles" embarrassing
>>
>>64082349
best zippers ever in a rock song desu
>>
>>64086730
i don't need to say who
you know who it is
>>
TKoL is on another planet. perhaps when people finally let go of their incessant comparisons they'll finally understand how cathartic listening to it feels.
>>
>>64076761
Whoever thinks it's their worst or even 2nd worst is a pleb and there's no denying it

There's no argument agains it its just "hurr it sucks rdiohed lost it lol"
>>
>>64086900
i mean i guess but who the fuck wants to listen to zippers.
>>
>>64086934
Ahh of course
>>
>>64086811
lmao radiohead aren't difficult to listen to but if you think the average kid is walking around listening to fucking idioteque as opposed to like, foo fighters or coldplay i dunno what to tell you.
>>
TKOL is just not up to par with the rest of the Radiohead discography post PH.
Its just a bit boring, and not in the slightest interesting or even a new sound.
Its a bit like Thoms solo projects
>>
>>64087156
i mean LOL @ thinking they're "inaccessible" when they're celebrated albums are as known as fucking dark side of the moon & shit. literally embarrassing dumb 14 year old pussy talking about "kid a is hard to listen to if youre a 'beginner'" like lmfaooo what a dumbass
>>
>>64087325
You type the way black people type on Facebook
>>
File: 1460261405982.jpg (67 KB, 451x565) Image search: [Google]
1460261405982.jpg
67 KB, 451x565
>>64087072
who was it
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.