[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This song is so good, why the fuck do you guys blindly hate Coldplay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: art_vivalavida.jpg (124 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
art_vivalavida.jpg
124 KB, 600x600
This song is so good, why the fuck do you guys blindly hate Coldplay?
>>
>song
don't you mean the whole album is so good?
>>
we're not all one person anon

that coldplay song is good, so is politik and probably others but i don't really give a shit about them beyond that
>>
>>64076705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdUzKZqvJnA
>>
>>64076705
it's not good, you have awful taste.
>>
>>64076728
>>64076736
How is Viva la Vida not a 10/10 song? There's more melodic development across its duration than 90% of /mu/core artists put into their albums.
>>
>>64076757
>muh melodic development
>muh epic sounds
It's fucking cheesy melodrama bro.
they stole it from Yusuf Islam and Joe Satriani too, but that's somewhat beside the point.
>>
>>64076833
I disagree with using muh generally, but yah this
>>
>>64076833
>cheesy mellodrama
what a great argument
>>
>>64076900
How am I supposed to argue?
It's a shamefully plagiarized turd made by a privately educated twat, completely lacking in poetry and reactionary in content. It was popular because it exploited a commonly used harmonic device used to make things sound 'epic', without requiring any skill or finesse from the composer, and becomes completely boring and shallow upon repeated listens.
>>
viva la vida is a good album desu
>>
Parachutes is comfy as fuck, like OKC re-imagined as mum-rock. I love it. And Rush of Blood is just great piano-y pop rock.

X&Y however is just a boring rehash of Rush of Blood, VLV has nice production but not so many memorable songs, and then they devolved into utter shit after that.
>>
>>64077076
>it exploited a commonly used harmonic device used to make things sound 'epic'
The chord progression is actually handled very creatively. Its inversion to halfway in keeps the momentum of the song going, every time ending on a suspense.
>>
>>64076705
Because normal, well-adjusted people like it
>>
Ill admit this song got me into the band.

Nonetheless, the whole album (vlv) is 10/10 for me with how many different styles they do around the album.

Check out the complimentary EP and a few of the b-sides on the singles.

I like all their albums but their most recent which I only skimmed on, and think mylo > x+y
>>
>>64076833
>Yusuf Islam
>>
File: Brian_Eno_2008.jpg (245 KB, 690x570) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Eno_2008.jpg
245 KB, 690x570
Gee, I sure wonder who caused a Coldplay song to be good?
>>
>>64076705
Violet Hill is way better.
>>
>>64076757
>How is Viva la Vida not a 10/10 song? There's more melodic development across its duration than 90% of /mu/core artists put into their albums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdUzKZqvJnA
>>
the two statements are not really aligned

disturbia is a fantastic song
rihanna sucks
>>
Early Coldplay weren't that bad. Too bad Doves weren't the big band from that era since I always liked them more.
>>
>>64076705
Chinese Sleep Chant and Strawberry Swing are fucking 10/10.
>>
>>64077427
What inversion? The song just drones on D, E, A, and F#m throughout almost all of its duration
>>
>>64076728
I knew a guy whose favorite band was Coldplay. He came out of the closet his first year at college. No joke.
>>
>>64076705
I don't think that many people really hate the first couple albums. Parachutes is on my top 10 favourites.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.