[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pavement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
What do you lot think of these?
>>
goat
>>
>>64075500
I think they make good guitar sounds over good drum sounds over good bass sounds with a good singer

its pretty good
>>
>>64075523
Of what? Indie/alt rock?

>>64075527
Favourite tracks?
>>
their best track is all my friends

also I feel like L.A.'s Desert Origins is the only bonus release that actually added a lot of good tracks. Luxe and Reduxe has So Stark and Greenlander, Sordid Sentinels has the acoustic version of We Dance, and that's literally it, everything else from them sucks, and there's nothing good from Nicene Creedence.
>>
I like that album a lot, but it's not an album I would consider to be good. Even worse, they did what US Maple and Polvo did years before but more accessible and poppy while removing the elements that made the bands mentioned before good.
Oh, and it influenced a lot of even worse "indie" bands, so that only makes it worse.
>>
>>64076401
none of what you just said is true, but if typing it out satiated your need to be "knowledgeable" about music, than good for you anon
>>
>>64076401
you are what's wrong with this board
>>
>>64076401
Pavement Debut Album - 1992
Polvo Debut Album - 1992
US Maple Debut Album - 1995
>>
>>64076531
kek
>>
>>64076479
>>64076502
It really saddens me that you can't make some critique without people dismissing your whole post just because they don't agree with me.
I tried my best to get into a genuine musical discussion, something /mu/ always complains about the lack of it, but you guys immediately dismiss my efforts.
How sad.
If only you both could elaborate on your respective posts...
>>
>>64076558
yah here's my elaboration genius >>64076531
>>
>>64076558
hey dipshit, >>64076531

fucking leave this board.
>>
>>64076531
Oh, I always thought Slanted Enchanted was from 1996.
I'm wrong about my previous post then.
>>
>>
In case anyone wants to save this moment
>>
>>64076658
excuse me?
>>
>>64076658
thanks
>>
I don't really like them, I think they were definitely talented but I don't like Malkmus' voice and a lot of their songs feel kinda loose and meandering. I get that's the appeal for a lot of fans, it's just not really my bag. I have the same problem with There's Nothing Wrong with Love-era Built to Spill.
>>
>>64077432
Just to add, the Geddy Lee bit on Stereo is GOAT tho
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.