[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream theater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Dream_Theater_-_Octavarium.jpg (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Theater_-_Octavarium.jpg
57 KB, 300x300
So I got tickets to a big show of Dream theater for free, and Im wondering if its any good. I havent listened to any of their stuff because I assumed it was music for edgy teenagers but hey its a free show so what albums should I listen to?
>>
>>64073066
Just go, it could be fun. Their most recent album is probably the one to listen to.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGRgAULYgWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsDjr4iJBiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZKrwJzGg0k
>>
Systematic Chaos and Train of Thought are my fav orites
>>
Everything they did from Metropolis 2 backwards
>>
Images and Words and Awake is classic prog.
Octavarium and Train of Thought are enjoyable if you don't mind some cheesiness
>>
Metropolis 2, Images and words, and their Self-Titled
>>
As far as I'm concerned they only have two albums worth listening to. Images and Words and Metropolis Pt. 2.
The rest is cheesily composed half-assed wank, so you may as well ignore it
>>
>>64073066
listening to images and words right now. Its pretty boring lol... It sounds like rush or jethro thull, not my cup of tea but I think I'll go because its a huge production and I'm interested by that.
>>
>>64073520
dude definitely go to the show, it's better than nothing.

but yeah dream theater are pretty weak shit. comparing them to rush and jethro tull is insulting to the latter bands.
>>
saw them live 4 times, they are amazing
>>
>>64073611
I'm in my finals is the thing, so time is scarce... I'll go most likely, its in an arena and all so itll be cool.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.