[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manchester music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Manchester.jpg (91 KB, 447x445) Image search: [Google]
Manchester.jpg
91 KB, 447x445
Rate them. Other honourable mentions?
>>
File: 41z-4jwj0JL.jpg (26 KB, 455x454) Image search: [Google]
41z-4jwj0JL.jpg
26 KB, 455x454
The Chameleons
>>
>>64070403
OP's scores: UP 8.5, QID 9, SR 10, MG 8
>>
File: 41V5WK1KKWL.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41V5WK1KKWL.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
The Fall

>>64070442
>>64070454
pls respond
>>
>>64070553
Not into The Fall personally, how do you rate the StoneRoses?
>>
James
The Smiths
The Hollies
Inspiral Carpets
808 State
Autechre
Happy Mondays
MONEY

Actually try next time ffs
>>
>>64070403
All shite
>>
>>64070587
As much as I went through a hazy tryhard dilettante wannabe Manchester post-punk phase I never made it that far into the years of Madchester phase (if that is the proper term for them the time they came about) so I do not have much of an opinion or valid experience on the Stone Roses. Just part of the contrarian way...

But yea if you want to get into the Fall I would check out the Peel Sessions. However, It is 5 discs but they were John Peel's favorite band of his entire career so that does explain the absurd amount of sessions.
>>
>>64070653
>James
Smith's tribute band
>Happy Mondays
LMAO
>Autechre
fantastic
What about Primal Scream?
>>
File: A lack of.jpg (291 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
A lack of.jpg
291 KB, 584x600
The Fall for sure, so many classic albums

Anyone like God's Gift?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yap_WKsdbnY
>>
>>64070403
I actually came to /mu/ to escape discussion about these kinds of bands,

All of these are fucking awful by the way. Even The Fall who are beyond hilariously bad, and the generic as fuck Chamemeions.

Kill yourselves. The only good music made in manchester was electronic
>>
New Order is the only decent band to ever come out of manchester
>>
>>64071265

t. manc after the ecstasy climax in the wee hours of the morning
>>
>>64070787
Primal Scream are from Glasgow. Yes, Nani did play with them, but one man does not a band from manchester make.

The Happy Mondays are great because they're hilarious. Judging them as a band totally misses the point.

Also, disagree massively on James being a Smiths tribute band. If anything, Gold Mother and Seven can be accused of aiming for the same anthemic status U2 had at the time, but besides a love a jangle from time to time and the occasional depressing lyric James were very much not at all a Smiths tribute band.
>>
>>64070403
smiths > joy division >>>> stone roses >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oasis
>>
>>64071574
>>64070787
>The Happy Mondays are great because they're hilarious. Judging them as a band totally misses the point.
What the fuck are you two talking about?
>>
>>64070403
stone roses flawless but idk i havent listened to half of them and i dont like unknown pleasures
>>
Bugzy Malone rudeboi
>>
>>64070653
Add Northside
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.