[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not pleb enough to be entertained by pleb music >still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1454844249420.jpg (59 KB, 343x357) Image search: [Google]
1454844249420.jpg
59 KB, 343x357
>not pleb enough to be entertained by pleb music
>still too pleb to enjoy and understand patrician music

Who else here is stuck in the twilight zone?
>>
File: naked-city.png (3 MB, 1108x1108) Image search: [Google]
naked-city.png
3 MB, 1108x1108
>>
>>64070138
that album isn't entertaining or patrician though
>>
>forcing yourself to like a type of music

When will this meme end? Just listen to what you like senpai, if it's pleb than you're a pleb. Comeback to the patrician music when you're ready. IF
>>
File: PiecesforGuitar.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
PiecesforGuitar.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>64070138
this is a good twillight zone album, let's post some more.
>>
>>64070170
* If you're ready.

Tips le fedora.
>>
>>64070161
You have bad taste and clearly do not play an instrument. Leave my board, normalfag.
>>
>>64070170
>Just listen to what you like senpai

I don't like anything though.
>>
just fake like everyone else
>>
>>64070102
you have to listen to "good pleb music". Sounds lame or subjective but it's really just a collection of artists that are accessible enough to be liked by literally everyone who hears them. If you only like these artists though, your taste is completely undefined, they're just a gateway to actually developing your taste.

Artists that belong here are Bonobo, Tycho, Ratatat etc.
>>
>>64070245
>Bonobo, Tycho, Ratatat
But everything you listed is normie music.
>>
>>64070262
...exactly

didn't you read the rest of the post?
>>
>>64070208
I'm a jazz musician who's been playing for around 7 years.
That album is neither patrician nor entertaining. Listen to proper free jazz and not stilted over-composed garbage that's bordering on an intellectual exercise rather than music. I bet you're also a fan of Kaoru Abe and Pharoah Sanders.
>>
Is Xiu Xiu's A Promisse considered patrician?
>>
>>64070291
I skimmed to be honest, haha.

Anything outside of electronic-oriented music? Like, normies who listen to Florence or Feist aren't gonna start listening to Kate Bush. Are Tame Impala or KG&TLW are gonna bring normies to Dungen? Possibly, but unlikely.
>>
>>64070327
Not that guy, i agree that Naked City isn't patrician, but i think at least it's entertaining, it's very, you know, "catchy".
>>
File: 1454711617807.jpg (24 KB, 560x346) Image search: [Google]
1454711617807.jpg
24 KB, 560x346
True Hermetic Deep Rock are bands such as Kate Bush, Led Zeppelin, Rush, CMX, Tool, the Smiths and Genesis. You can listen to your Metallica if you want to, but you don't understand anything about true Gurdjieffic Gnostic Rock. You are just a poser and can fuck off the whole scene. Deep Rock is Real music that's not meant for animals like you, but for true Naguals, who don't care about clowns like you. Deep Rock is music for the elite and you don't understand it. None of you understand the True Occult. You ridiculous children. Our worldview is based on ouspenskian gurdjieffism, on a personal level castanedanian mysticism, collective level eliadelan shamanism. Without the understanding of theoretical occultism, it is futile to dream about understanding the gurdjieffian worldview. None of you can understand Gurdjieff, since you are intellectially like earthworms. You can never reach the top level of elitist hermetism, so why even dream about it. Mysticism and Deep Rock are for the elite. For the true naguals.
>>
>>64070327
So you're in college? 7 years isn't very long.

How can you not think this song is interesting, nor "patrician"? I get that someone may not like it but this album can't just be put in your "free jazz" box that you would like to. This album is one of the most well-executed genre-benders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB7ZMajJ1FY
>>
>>64070364
I think it's the exact opposite of catchy because it's musically incoherent and too disjointed to be memorable without listening to multiple times.
>>64070399
How long are you playing for? Maybe you can explain to me why this is musically interesting cause all I'm hearing is a jumbled mess with musical tropes cut and pasted in to sound wacky.
>>
>>64070441

There are normal jazz tracks on that album, i like those a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Pv4-XaIoM
>>
>>64070441
For being a jazz musician, you really have no appreciation for execution. Yeah, it is cut and paste but the transitions in between keep it from being jumbled. If you are hearing a jumbled mess, how can you possibly pull the free jazz card? Free jazz is a lot more challenging than this album is.
>>
>>64070399
i'm sorry my friend but that song is gay and should not be listened to (this is my first post btw)
actually it's okay when it actually starts
>>
File: bait-lq.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bait-lq.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>64070556
>>
>>64070508
Oh they're fantastic musicians who are actually so tight as a unit it's laughable. That's not why I listen to music though. If it was, I'd probably just be in a classical thread raving about some pretentious new complexity composer.

It's not about being challenging it's about whether or not there is anything of actual value being played. I'm not being turned off by this being dissonant or anything. I'm being turned off cause I don't think there's anything of interest being played.
I'm not interested in how well executed the transitions are because when they're not playing unmusical noise they're playing surf rock and lounge music with flashy drum fills and unwarranted extended techniques.
It's more like musical comedy, which is fine if you want a laugh but I'd rather just listen to an actual comedian.
>>
>>64070674
>>64070508
Also, you didn't answer my question about how long you've been playing anon.
>>
>>64070595
it's my true opinion, i don't care if it's bait to you
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.