[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on vaporwave /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Thoughts on vaporwave /mu/?
>>
I really don't get why this hasn't taken off. I idealistically picture a bunch of people hanging out here over a course of weeks as we made albums for each senator. Eventually people start following it an it gets to be a memeic past time. If the music was decent then all the vaporheads and regular people would pick it up and it would be unique in that it would be the first truly political music that was born online using material found online. It would be the culmination of the internet music culture that spawned vaporwave and maybe show people a way to move that culture further into the future. It would be almost automatically a very historically significant album, so as long as the music made it to the minimum level of vapor type quality, as in, normies could smoke weed to it and not be offended by the sound or overtly bored, it would be a success.
Once it gets to be a meme and everyone hears about it, then a reporter would make an article about it and everyone else would hear it.

I personally liked it a lot, i mean it's pretty weird and trip inducing, but some times I get this big pretentious feeling coming from the dude
But i like the whole waporwave idea, the fact that connotes certain nostalgic memories from 80's and 90's smooth jazz and elevator music and it gives me a good but weird feel.
>>
I wish there was more good vaportrap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgCau4EMaj8
>>
shit tier meme/10
>>
>>64069778
Same, i only now BB, Vaperror, Windows 98 and Purgatory, does someone has some recs?
>>
>>64069803
>Purgatory
This is sick, thanks! Link for the lazy: https://cobaltroad.bandcamp.com/album/purgatory
>>
>>64069849
shit, i confused the artist name with the album haha, he released an album last year, havent heard it yet tough
>>
>>64069778
that's impossible
blank banshee created and ended it with bb0
>>
>>64069949
Any chance you have a copy of it? If not, I might buy it.
>>
>>64070650
Then what is bb1 and Mana Pool?
>>
>>64070830
failed coat-tailing memes
>>
>>64071298
Mana pool is proper rill tho
>>
That one meme album was surprisingly great.
>>
it's great
>>
le vaporwave may may
>>
>>64069778
Y u n g L e a n
>>
>>64073244
warlord deluxe when

sippin went hard, lean looks like a middle aged crackhead now though.
>>
It pretty much spawned future funk which I like
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.