[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album sounds like total shit. How come no-one ever acknowledges
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Folder.jpg (51 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
51 KB, 500x491
This album sounds like total shit. How come no-one ever acknowledges this? It's hard to even focus on the songwriting because of the tinny, flat production. It sounds like it was recorded on a laptop mic or something. What the fuck is with that? I know the tech wasn't the best in that era but plenty of albums from the time don't have this problem
>>
>How come no-one ever acknowledges this?

People do.

>It's hard to even focus on the songwriting because of the tinny, flat production.

You are retarded.
>>
>tinny, flat production
What the fuck are you talking about?
Even though the original recording is mono, its warm and suits the music well.
if the mono bothers you just find the stereo remixes they made, that might be better for you.
>>
I didn't know that the original recording is mono. I learned something new today.
>>
>>64069277
>I know the tech wasn't the best in that era but plenty of albums from the time don't have this problem

desu I think the production sounds really good for 1966
>>
>>64069277
I just don't really like this style of pop music. It's too boring. I prefer songs that are more dynamic. This really doesn't add anything to the conversation or the point you're making because it is entirely subjective.
>>
>>64069277
You're listening to the mono mix. Listen to the stereo mix trust me, I used to hate it and now it's one of my favorite albums.
>>
inb4 stereo version
>>
I hate this belief that production techniques were terrible back then. This was when you had a large pool of talent in the form of sound engineers, recording engineers and companies like Decca pioneering FFRR and Stereophonic sound. Most audio equipment (mid to high end) didn't suffer from commercially-suited cutbacks that began around the early 80s, so while there were limitations to how many tracks you could record with, sound quality was still excellent.
>>
stereo version is for autists
>>
>>64069277
>t. doesn't have a soul
>>
>>64069277
>tinny, flat production
how are we listening to the same album?

>>64070740
>too boring
>prefer songs that are more dynamic
jesus christ. pet sounds has some of the most dynamic pop songs i've ever heard

>>64070758
but the mono mix is superior
>>
>>64071772
liking the mono mix is retarded as fuck and contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, the mono mix sounds tinny and flat, that's objective.
>>
>>64071876
>that's objective
no it isn't you retard. just because it's in mono doesn't mean it's tinny and flat.
>>
>>64069277
OP make sure you're listening to the stereo and not momo version.
>>
what the fuck is it with /mu/ and hating on mono pet sounds
>>
>>64071876
the mono mix is the original mix and all their albums were mono as per brian wilson's intention until around 1970
>>
>>64069277
Anyone that can't appreciate this album's production is an actual retard.
>>
>>64072790
Listen to WIBN or IJWMFTT in mono, they sound awful
>>
The only Brian-produced BBs album with bad production is Wild Honey.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.