[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Madonna?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: 1997-madonna-peggy-sirota.jpg (227 KB, 800x974) Image search: [Google]
1997-madonna-peggy-sirota.jpg
227 KB, 800x974
What does /mu/ think of Madonna?
>>
File: 1991.jpg (76 KB, 736x862) Image search: [Google]
1991.jpg
76 KB, 736x862
i enjoy her body of work :^)
>>
Pretty good debut

not a fan of much else
>>
Hung Up is one of the best pop songs of all time

that ABBA sample is funky af
>>
>>64068884
The Whore Of Babylon.
>>
Cunt.
>>
>>64069086
confessions is one of the best albums of the 00s imo
>>
The Rolling Stones of pop music. She would be regarded as a god if she'd known when to call it quits instead of being an annoying old mummy who won't go away.
>>
Put your tits away, Madge. Nobody's wanted to look at them since the first Bush was president.
>>
>>64069288
yeah I mean she's been shit for over 20 years and I don't get how people give her a pass for her new shitty albums unless you want to pretend that Rebel Heart doesn't exist.
>>
I think actually American Life is her worst record. The albums since 2008 are just forgettable, but that one was openly cringeworthy.

>the music video for the title track
>the rapping about lattes and "shat-ays"
>the meaningless whining about Hollywood materialism
>the whole pretentiousness of it all

She tried her damndest to look ballsy and groundbreaking, but the whole effort is more facepalm than anything else.
>>
great 80s stuff and hung up is a good song.

Isla Bonita is a great pop track
>>
>directing a movie about Edward VIII and Wallace Simpson

Truly embarrassing. As if anyone wants to be reminded of one of our worst monarchs.
>>
>>64069983
Dude was a Nazi sympathizer anyway. He didn't quit the throne because of his honey so much as he did the fact that war was coming and both of them were...yeah.
>>
>>64069086
You know what? I agree with this. However, she is mainly annoying as a human being.
>>
>pop music produced for money
She's shit
>>
The Britney kiss. Oh god, I still remember it and wish I didn't.

And no, Britney was not her generation's Madonna. Actually if Madonna is the Rolling Stones of pop, Britney would be the, uh, Twisted Sister of pop? Was big for a while and had a bunch of hits but who gives a fuck about her anymore.
>>
>>64070153
That was the beginning of the end, the point where she got desperate enough that she needed to ride off of younger artists to stay in the press.

>accusing Lady Gaga of stealing songs from you
>kissing Britney, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, etc
>>
>>64069747
>unless you want to pretend that Rebel Heart doesn't exist

Also why the fuck did that thing need 20 tracks?
>>
>>64070263
I still don't hear the Born This Way and Express Yourself similarities.
>>
>>64070348
It's a pretty standard industry practice since the CD era because consumers think more songs=better when in the vinyl era, there were typically 8-10 per album though admittedly vinyl has space constraints.
>>
Fun fact: Borderline was her first top 10 hit but she absolutely despises that song and has rarely performed it live. It is kinda shitty desu.
>>
>>64070515
She doesn't care for the first album in general, says she really never wants to hear or perform those songs again.
>>
Unfortunately this board is full of edgy teen rockists so there's not too many Madonna fans here.
>>
>>64070670
>pop listeners are mature
>>
>>64068884
I don't, really
>>
>>64070703
Nobody claimed that.
>>
Rebel Heart was her worst selling album ever. Give up already, gross hag.
>>
>>64070670
>projecting
anyone who listens to madonna is either a teenaged tumblr user or an adult with teenage nostalgia
>>
>>64070725
You claimed that there's not too many Madonna fan because the board is full of teen rockists. Are all Madonna fans mature?
>>
>>64070756
No I said /mu/ is 85% rockists. I made no claims as to the maturity level of pop fans.
>>
>>64070788
There's nothing wrong with being rockist, teen or edgy. Everybody knows that half of the group is underage.
>>
>>64070742
Forgot old gay queens from the 80s.
>>
>>64070739
Man, nobody sells albums anymore except Taylor Swift and Adele. If Madonna were 25, she wouldn't be able to sell albums at anywhere close to 80s levels.
>>
>>64070934
Really. I mean, Jagged Little Pill had sold 13 million copies within a year of its release. Nobody could do that today.
>>
"I had a Filipino personal trainer. Fine girl, in fact absolutely gorgeous but she fucked my boyfriend so I fired her."

So by "boyfriend" you mean one of those 20 year old gigolos you keep around to service your cobweb-filled old puss?
>>
She's a filthy slut who hasn't produced any memorable music in two decades.
>>
The female Elvis, but without the voice. I love Elvis, it's a huge compliment.
>>
>>64071422
Except, obviously she writes her own songs while Elvis...did not.
>>
>>64071435
So. Leverage off of Elvis's gospel albums & we break even.
>>
Bitch needs to stop pretending she's 21.
>>
I feel love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n80QXNRIV6c
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.