[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music That Gives You A Bad Trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
Anyone else here have an entire genre or maybe just an artist that literally makes them depressed?? Like, not out of nostalgia, but genuinely just gives you a bad feeling inside. Pic related for me. Idk if its cause i had bad experiences with weed when i first heard my friends shitty trap-influenced hip hop songs, but i can't listen to it. It just makes me sad.
>>
>>64068194
because it's literally lowest denominator when it comes to rap music, a fucking disgrace to hip hop culture
>>
>>64068246
even then it shouldn't have such a psychological impact on me. it just sounds "dark" and depressing. i just feel hopeless whenever i'm with people who are listening to it.
>>
>>64068246

Trap brings producers more to the forefront. That's a good thing, it keeps things from getting stale. If you just wanna hear acapella rap songs, go ahead but don't bash an entire sub-genre just because it's popular.
>>
The fuck is wrong with you trap is fine
>>
>>64068259

You probably shouldn't listen to Zomby's With Love then. He took the whole nihilistic trap thing to its limits with that album. It's full of bleak and depressive instrumentals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcJ6Tw0PUe8
>>
>>64068287
idk man it just makes me severely depressed. again, it's possible that i associate it with the bad experiences i had being high before i gave up weed completely.
>>
>>64068327
>again, it's possible that i associate it with the bad experiences i had being high before i gave up weed completely

This is probably it then.

Does Blank Banshee make you depressed?
>>
>>64068276
shitty clone producers that all sound the same, just like trap rappers. kill yourself
>>
>>64068320
just listened to this; going to go kill myself
>>
>>64068362
haven't listened before but checking out teen pregnancy now. nah, this is fine. but that's because it's not trap. i see why you were curious, tho. but no. this isn't depressing to me.
>>
>>64068361

Young Thug sounds like no other rapper. Just fucking kill yourself, your taste is so limited. I bet all you do is listen to 90s entry level rap over and over again.
>>
>>64068378
meant for >>64068346
>>
>>64068378
>but that's because it's not trap

It is literally trap.
>>
>>64068381
young thug sounds like courage the cowardly dog trying to explain shit, and that nigga wears a fucking women clothes! remember when rap was about being masculine? I remember... even street niggas that aren't dumbass cokeheads say this trap shit is wack and repetitive lmao
>>
>>64068407
alright well maybe i should specify (even thought that's def not "just" trap), trap-influenced hip hop is what sends me spiraling into the abyss.
>>
>>64068438
nigga trap originated from fucking wack southern rap, are you stupid or something?
>>
>>64068412
>remember when rap was about being masculine?
yeah and it was fucking garbage. masculinity is a prison and the black community is homophobic which makes a lot of goddamn sense. hey, you know how we whine about being oppressed? let's treat "fags" the same shitty way we've been treated. makes a lot of sense. fucking idiots.
>>
>>64068438
Alright so you just don't like trap rap, and I can easily understand that.

By the way "trap-influenced hip-hop" isn't accurate. Trap rap came first.
>>
>>64068412
but he's more masculine than you'll ever be...dork
>>
>>64068459
trap rap still isn't hip hop tho. so it's still hip hop that is influenced by trap. and it makes me feel bad.
>>
>>64068475
>trap rap still isn't hip hop tho. so it's still hip hop that is influenced by trap.

Just stop dude. Trap rap is a subgenre of hip-hop.

Try not to let your bizarre reaction make you say inaccurate shit.
>>
>>64068485
i hope you're trolling because if this is serious it's pathetic.
>>
>>64068457
fuck your opinion, trap and most of today's hip hop blows more cocks than thai hooker in holiday season, feminine faggots promoting the forced genderfluid agenda can go fuck themselves, honest. being openly gay is alright, but if you're born with dick and pair of bollocks between legs, you're not a female but mentally ill
>>
>>64068465
nigga how? no amount of money will make that faggot manly
>>
>>64068499
Could say the same to you, bruv. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Just based on the way you're typing, are you the same guy complaining about how modern rap is too "gay"?
>>
>>64068475
it makes you feel shit because it is literally shit lel
>>
>>64068548
no actually i was the guy criticizing that guy. fucking retard.
>>64068526
>if you're born with dick and pair of bollocks between legs, you're not a female but mentally ill
how's that psychology major coming along?
>>
>>64068546
define manly. i think of it as him doing his thing, impacting the world and generally not giving a shit. yeah he doesn't have broad shoulders or a wide chin but that doesn't matter. manly is in the mind. he definitely isn't feminine - aka reacting instead of acting.
>>
>>64068572
Ah, just learn to capitalize then, dude.

Anyway, trap rap is definitely a subgenre of hip-hop. This doesn't change because you don't like it.
>>
>>64068572
but transgender people are often diagnosed with severe depression, schizophrenia and other mental illnesses, and having gender switch operation doesn't really help them, because around 65% of them commit suicide anyway, keep believing in all the lies electric jew tells you
>>
I'll laugh at you faggots when trap fades away and gets replaced with something else, and all you fucks will jump on bandwagon like you always do
>>
>>64068194
reggaeton
>>
>>64068605
oh you mean a world that violently oppresses transgender people is full of mentally damaged transgender people? you've got it fucking backwards you absolute fuckwad. they are depressed because of your attitude towards them and the treatment they receive because of it, not because they are intrinsically wrong. go kill yourself.
>>
>>64068852
suck trannys ass you faggot lover liberal fucktard, maybe next time you'll say that muslims blow shit up because they're oppressed too?
>muh trigger
>muh misogyny
>muh political correctness
sit on a cactus and enjoy it, because it seems like you're a faggot
>>
>>64068943
and you're a stereotypical uneducated nigger who justifies every racial stereotype in this country.
>>
>>64068962
lel, at least I'm not a cuck like you frienderino
>>
>>64068852
>violently oppresses transgender people

Stop with this.
>>
A guy I know couldn't listen to Sunbather, said it made him feel like killing himself.
>>
You want dread?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpP8i8DZLis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMgGxkFp7Yw
>>
>>64069312
I'd want to kill myself too, if I had to listen to that trash.
>>
File: ee5bbfd2.jpg (140 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ee5bbfd2.jpg
140 KB, 1000x1000
Listened to this and Vertikal back to back on acid once, don't remember much of what happened other than that it took me places.
>>
>>64069110
you have no idea you fucking idiot. you really don't.
>>
>>64071261
t. faggot who believes he's a woman
>>
>>64068194
Trap music gives me a trap bad trip when I'm not tripping

Except Blank Banhsee. The only good trap producer on the planet
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.