[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'Turn around bitch, I got a use for you. Besides I got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: w. axl rose.jpg (59 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
w. axl rose.jpg
59 KB, 600x720
>'Turn around bitch, I got a use for you. Besides I got nothing else better to do, And I'm bored.'

What did he mean by this?
>>
In the tradition of the Rolling Stones and the Sex Pistols, Guns N' Roses was a band of psychopaths, delinquents, sex maniacs, junkies and alcoholics who liked to show and sound what they were. Appetite For Destruction (1987) was as harrowing an experience as being catapulted into a dark narrow alley of the worst Los Angeles neighborhood. William "Axl Rose" Bailey's nasty, offensive, anti-heroic vocal acrobatics fended off the double-guitar attack of Saul "Slash" Hudson and Jeff "Izzy Stradlin" Isabell, who indulged in unbridled concertos of screeching and reckless riffs. The noise, the energy, the lyrics transformed each song into a bloody fistfight. Use Your Illusion (1991) added artistic pretensions to the rebellious spirit of their performances, and, in a sense, declared the band's mission impossible.
>>
>>64068014
he wanted to smash that ass, what else?
>>
>>64068014
that he makes boring music
>>
>>64068058

GN'R were a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them. There's a reason they're one of the biggest and most iconic bands in history despite only releasing 3 full albums.
>>
File: 51157-317x309-Leapfrog.jpg (10 KB, 317x309) Image search: [Google]
51157-317x309-Leapfrog.jpg
10 KB, 317x309
He wants to play Leap Frog
>>
>>64068163
because people who grew up with it are stuck on nostalgia. it's why you can literally say what you just said about any hair metal band too.

how about instead of boring, i use the word bland or generic? they are all of these things.
>>
>>64068163

They were a glorified glam metal band, nothing more.

>There's a reason they're one of the biggest and most iconic bands in history

They're iconic in the same way Kiss is iconic. Style over substance. Nobody respects them for their music.
>>
>>64068186
>GN'R
>hair metal

And i don't see how you can call the Illusions albums generic. Those albums had many different styles, they sounded nothing like what other rock bands at the time were putting out.

And i see tons of young people wearing GN'R shirts today. It's not just nostalgia among oldies.
>>
File: huh.gif (395 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
395 KB, 245x280
>>64068253
>Nobody respects them for their music

Alright
>>
>>64068253
lol appetite for destruction is arguably one of the greatest rock albums ever
>>
>>64068253
>They're iconic in the same way Kiss is iconic. Style over substance. Nobody respects them for their music.

Not really. Kiss were always a gimmick band, GN'R were all about the music. Also:

Kiss - 20 albums, 75 million sold WW

GN'R - 6 albums, 100 million sold WW
>>
>>64068014
that his band writes entry level garbage for the uneducated sheeple ready to latch on to a shiny logo and some stage gimmicks
>>
daily reminder axl was ahead of his time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhQ6CyGb4VU
>>
>>64068315
i wasn't calling them hair metal, i was just saying it's why some of those bands get so much credit

the young people thing is very explainable...le wrong generationers and casual listeners who are basically le wrong generationers

when i first started caring about music i was a wrong generation faggot (i never used that term but i did act like the old stuff was untouchable). gnr was actually one band to open my eyes to the error of my ways. one day they came on and i said "do i even like this shit?" (i still like classic rock, i didn't write off the whole "genre")

idk man whatever floats your boat. thanks for reading my blog.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.