[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Upon further evaluation I've come to the conclusion that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Upon further evaluation I've come to the conclusion that Good News For People Who Love Bad News is actually a pretty good album and isn't as much of a fall in quality from The Moon and Antarctica as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
In time you'll realize the same about We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank.
>>
this was my introduction to modest mouse (i was like 11 when it came out, spare me your "normie reeeeee" shit) so it will always hold a special place in my heart even though i can recognize now that it's not nearly as good as their first three.
>>
it's just the music that drops in quality, Isaac's lyrics are still pretty zesty
>if God takes life he's an indian giver
damn....
>>
>>64062493
i feel the same way. my mom went to go see them at a festival around that time, so she's the one that actually kind of got me into them. that's the only album she ever really listened to until i started listening to their other stuff though
>>
Honestly, I think this is better than Moon and that both this and Moon are worse than the first two. I don't know why, I know Moon is sort of considered the peak. It just doesn't grab me. I think Gravity Rides Everything and Dark Centre of the Universe kills the momentum for me early.
>>
>>64062437
yeah i love this album
>>
>>64062448
i feel like that's taking it a bit far

it's not a bad album, but compared to lcw or moon and antarctica it's definitely less substantive
>>
>>64062448
I was actually thinking this the other day. I've hated We Were Dead for years and years but Missed the Boat came on the radio and I was like "damn this is a really enjoyable song."
>>
I think the general consensus here is that it's a pretty good album. I don't think it touches The Lonesome Crowded West, but it really does have some 10/10 moments

The first 4 tracks are especially amazing
>>
People shit on this album way too much
>>
This band is so gay
>>
>>64062514
That's one of my favorite songs from that album!
>>
>>64064436
>Why does it always feel like I'm caught in an undertow?
Too much.
>>
You don't have a fucking soul if you don't love Float On

Isaac got so good at deconstructing the most desolate emotional lows that the one time he tried to write a positive song it exploded his career. Go figure.
>>
>>64062437
Don't worry about it, anon. The only reason you had to have this revelation is because 3contrarian5u /mu/ and p4k has told you that it's not a good album and that their earlier, less popular stuff is not as good.

I mean, for fuck's sake, look at the contemporaneous reviews when it came out. p4k was the only site that didn't give it rave reviews. People love it. Fans just didn't like that their oh so indy band was now popular because of a radio hit.

But who gives a fuck? If you like the album, you like the album. You don't owe /mu/ a damned thing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.